Manufacturers moved to China so now they can pay to move themselves back.

I dont think the price difference is that great

in some markets it is. Delta puts a different finish in a bathroom shower system and charges you $5000. China charges you cost plus. I"d love to see fat and lazy Delta learn a lesson. They are typical of many American companies.

I went though 15 American programmers before I hired one Chinese programmer. He literally could do more that 15 American programmers. I picked him up at the airport on a Sunday night at 8:00PM; by 10:30PM he was hard at work. Steve Jobs said in his book the jobs were not coming back: if he needed 1000 engineers on a Sunday morning to fix an Iphone production line problem he could find them in China. In the US few want to be engineers and those who are, are playing with their children in the park on Sunday morning.

Last edited:
We are selling imported products to each other, while others clean our carpets or groom our dog

its just a house of cards
econ 101: if true China would not want our dollars because all they could buy with them would be dog grooming. The less we have to sell them the higher their prices to us have to be until we cant afford to buy from them. Do you understand?

Totally stupid. Chinese are free to take and quit jobs and free to take the highest pay offered to them. Thats not slavery!!!!
They are free to starve if they dont accept the job

if they are lucky they can find a room with maybe 10 other migrants from the countyside

I went though 15 American programmers before I hired one Chinese programmer. He literally could do more that 15 American programmers.
I doubt if that is a true story, but assuming the worst I hope your company does not have any trade secrets usefull to the chinese

if it does they are gone now

Forum List

Back