Man’s search for meaning.

So, I need to clean the house to not be depressed?
Your woman would love it. :hyper:

Neff’s stories of rivers and forests struck a chord in me. Looking at the Milky Way at night. I saw a meaning in all that.
127609-01_milky-way-candy-bars-36-piece-box.jpg

Some times Snickers also helps me find meaning.

~ He observed:
"We who lived in concentration camps can remember the men who walked through the huts comforting others, giving away their last piece of bread. They may have been few in number, but they offer sufficient proof that everything can be taken from a man but one thing: the last of human freedoms—to choose one’s own attitude in any given set of circumstances—to choose one’s own way."

Frankl’s message is ultimately one of hope: even in the most absurd, painful, and dispiriting of circumstances, life can be given a meaning, and so too can suffering. Life in the concentration camp taught Frankl that our main drive or motivation in life is neither pleasure, as Freud had believed, nor power, as Adler had believed, but meaning.
/—-/ Close friends were in concentration camps. They were young, and survived unimaginable ordeals, yet they were the happiest couple I ever met. They both died in their 90s. The wife said she could never ride on a train again because the last time she did, her friend snuck out of the car and a German soldier shot her.

~ He observed:
"We who lived in concentration camps can remember the men who walked through the huts comforting others, giving away their last piece of bread. They may have been few in number, but they offer sufficient proof that everything can be taken from a man but one thing: the last of human freedoms—to choose one’s own attitude in any given set of circumstances—to choose one’s own way."

Frankl’s message is ultimately one of hope: even in the most absurd, painful, and dispiriting of circumstances, life can be given a meaning, and so too can suffering. Life in the concentration camp taught Frankl that our main drive or motivation in life is neither pleasure, as Freud had believed, nor power, as Adler had believed, but meaning.
/—-/ Close friends were in concentration camps. They were young, and survived unimaginable ordeals, yet they were the happiest couple I ever met. They both died in their 90s. The wife said she could never ride on a train again because the last time she did, her friend snuck out of the car and a German soldier shot her.

Many were traumatised. An old man I knew, a Holocaust survivor, since deceased, suffered more from the loss of his mother at age 14 and the knowledge of what had happened to her, than his experiences in Auschwitz.

Yet he came a champion chess player at the local chess society. A place patronised by mostly Gentiles.

Forum List

Back