Manchin, Murkowski Call On Congress To Reauthorize Voting Rights Act

Dana7360

Diamond Member
Aug 6, 2014
At least one republican wants to ensure democracy in the United States.

Unfortunately I don't believe there will be 10 republicans to vote to end the republican non stop filibuster to get this much needed legislation passed and signed into law.

And before you trump people start screaming about ID, undocumented people and fraud, don't waste your time. If any replies include those lies I will stop reading your post.

Unfortunately I don't believe there will be 10 republicans to vote to end the republican non stop filibuster to get this much needed legislation passed and signed into law.

And before you trump people start screaming about ID, undocumented people and fraud, don't waste your time. If any replies include those lies I will stop reading your post.

Passing this kind of bullshit will assure one party control. Clearly not good, not for a Republic. It will destroy this country. That is the goal of the Democratic party.

It's easy. If states try and restrict people's right to vote, burn things down.

From the link:

The Supreme Court in 2013 gutted the formula established by Congress to determine which states are subject to the rule, calling it outdated. The issue has since languished on Capitol Hill, with Republicans uninterested in re-establishing a "preclearance" requirement, and GOP-led states around the country moving to pass restrictive voting laws.

It seems judicial restraint did not apply...

Passing this kind of bullshit will assure one party control. Clearly not good, not for a Republic. It will destroy this country. That is the goal of the Democratic party.
You mean allowing people to vote would "ensure a Democratic Party government"? That must terrify you...those people must be STOPPED from voting!

From the link:

The Supreme Court in 2013 gutted the formula established by Congress to determine which states are subject to the rule, calling it outdated. The issue has since languished on Capitol Hill, with Republicans uninterested in re-establishing a "preclearance" requirement, and GOP-led states around the country moving to pass restrictive voting laws.

It seems judicial restraint did not apply...
Roberts declared that racism had ended so the law no longer needed to be enforced. Clearly that was a mistake. I wonder how he feels about it now

It is republican who have initiated ways to restrict voters and keep turnout low in the last 8 years.

Georgia new law strips power from the secretary of state and local counties and gives this power to a committee which will be dominated by Republicans.

Trump made have lost the election but gave Kemp the courage to make changes.

How will the Voting Rights Act "assure one party control"?

Are you saying that the only way Republicans can win is by supressing voters?

I think that is better than trying to pass their new package for voting rights.

Plus, they should fix the fillibuster. Make it so the person must stand there and talk the entire time AND the party doing the fillibustering must come up with their needed votes, which means their members must stay the entire time.

i have no problem so long as it’s inline with the Constitution like the Court stated

Republicans are not suppressing votes.

Republicans are not suppressing votes.
dembots are huge fans of projection

Of course you'll stop reading a reply if it contains something you don't want to think about, discuss, consider or challenges you're ability to blindly hate someone else.

You're the same type of people that say "agree with me or don't speak. I'll ignore anyone who doesn't think what I do". And no matter what side of the fence you're on that is horrible thinking.

You mean allowing people to vote would "ensure a Democratic Party government"? That must terrify you...those people must be STOPPED from voting!
You mean allowing Democrats to cheat.

Forum List

Back