Manchin: "I'll make sure I don't make that mistake again," as he makes it.

Seymour Flops

Diamond Member
Nov 25, 2021
Texas

Sen. Joe Manchin, D-W.Va., explained why he agreed to support a new spending package, promising that it will not raise taxes or worsen inflation, while admitting that he was wrong about a previous spending bill.

In a "Fox News Sunday," interview, host Bret Baier pointed out that last year, Manchin appeared on the same program and said that a previous Democratic spending bill, the American Rescue Plan, would not lead to inflation. On Sunday, Manchin admitted he was wrong about that.

"Why should Americans believe you now when you say this new bill will not exacerbate inflation?" Baier asked.

"I’ll make sure I don't make that mistake again," Manchin said. "Bottom line, I'll make sure I didn't make that mistake again."

Manchin also stated emphatically that the new bill will not raise taxes, even though groups like Americans for Tax Reform claim it will.

"It does not raise taxes," Manchin said, explaining that "all it does is close loopholes."

Closing loopholes is a way to say you're raising taxes without saying "I'm raising taxes." You know, it's a dog whistle.

He won't have to run again for two years. But by that time, it will be obvious what his siding with his Party over the American people has done.

Sen. Joe Manchin, D-W.Va., explained why he agreed to support a new spending package, promising that it will not raise taxes or worsen inflation, while admitting that he was wrong about a previous spending bill.

In a "Fox News Sunday," interview, host Bret Baier pointed out that last year, Manchin appeared on the same program and said that a previous Democratic spending bill, the American Rescue Plan, would not lead to inflation. On Sunday, Manchin admitted he was wrong about that.

"Why should Americans believe you now when you say this new bill will not exacerbate inflation?" Baier asked.

"I’ll make sure I don't make that mistake again," Manchin said. "Bottom line, I'll make sure I didn't make that mistake again."

Manchin also stated emphatically that the new bill will not raise taxes, even though groups like Americans for Tax Reform claim it will.

"It does not raise taxes," Manchin said, explaining that "all it does is close loopholes."

Closing loopholes is a way to say you're raising taxes without saying "I'm raising taxes." You know, it's a dog whistle.

He won't have to run again for two years. But by that time, it will be obvious what his siding with his Party over the American people has done.
I think Kristen Big Boobs might squelch that

Manchin went from hero to zero.
He was probably paid-off.
The greedy corrupt Democrats are compounding the damage that they are doing to our country.

Forum List

Back