Man tries to hire killer - to kill unborn baby

dmp

May 12, 2004
Enterprise, Alabama
What screems of IRONY to me is this: The mother could have chosen to Kill her baby at any point, and been 'applauded' for her 'courage'. :(

OLVILLE, WASH. - A man tried to hire someone to kill his unborn child after learning his ex-girlfriend was pregnant and about to give birth, Stevens County Sheriff Craig Thayer said Thursday.

Detectives arrested Charles D. Young, 18, who is accused of offering an undercover officer posing as a hit man $3,250 to attack Young's 17-year-old ex-girlfriend.

Young appeared in Stevens County District Court Thursday on charges of solicitation to commit first-degree murder and solicitation to commit first-degree manslaughter with aggravating circumstances.

Thayer said authorities learned Oct. 5 that Young was trying to locate someone to kill his former girlfriend, whose identity was not released. Arrangements were made to have an informant introduce Young to the undercover agent.

On Wednesday, Young met with an undercover officer in south Stevens County. During the meeting, Young indicated he wanted his ex-girlfriend injured in such a way that the unborn child would die, the sheriff said.

Young gave the supposed hit man $1,620 in cash as a down payment, along with pictures of the woman and a detailed map to her Spokane residence, Thayer said. Detectives from Stevens and Spokane counties then moved in to arrest Young, Thayer said.

Young was being held on $1 million bail.

http://www.komotv.com/stories/45948.htm

That's total bullshit. Nobody ever applauds a woman for having an abortion.

What this story illustrates is that men should not be held accountable for the decision a woman makes when it comes to abort or not. It's not his choice, so he shouldn't have to pay for it in any way, shape, or form.

No man should have to pay child support for a kid he didn't want and never intended to have. If a woman chooses to give birth, she should be on her own because the decision is hers alone.

Was it his choice to have sex with the woman?

Having sex comes with risks, one of those risks is a possible pregnancy. Not much of a man that does not live up to his responsibilities.

I'm with you - but if we want TRUE equality, the father needs to have the same protections under the law as the Mother. Mothers can kill their kids REGARDLESS of the father's input.

What this story illustrates is that men should not be held accountable for the decision a woman makes when it comes to abort or not. It's not his choice, so he shouldn't have to pay for it in any way, shape, or form.

No man should have to pay child support for a kid he didn't want and never intended to have. If a woman chooses to give birth, she should be on her own because the decision is hers alone.
Then he should have worn a condom shouldn't he? He is just as responsible as she is for creating another life, so why should he be off the hook?

If he didn't really want a baby, then he should have taken the steps to prevent it, just as she should have.

Then he should have worn a condom shouldn't he? He is just as responsible as she is for creating another life, so why should he be off the hook?

If he didn't really want a baby, then he should have taken the steps to prevent it, just as she should have.

That's exactly the problem. Because our society is SO against males, MOTHERS have COMPLETE authority over their reproductive choices. If a MOTHER chooses a man can pay $$ for two decades for "support" of his offspring. If a MOTHER chooses, she can end the life of a man's offspring w/o him having ANY legal authority to stop her. Or, she can give the baby up for adoption, or otherwise cut ties. Men, however, are stuck with whatever SHE decides. True inequality. :(

Was it his choice to have sex with the woman?

Having sex comes with risks, one of those risks is a possible pregnancy. Not much of a man that does not live up to his responsibilities.

I agree he's not much of a man. I know that better than most people. But everybodies situation is different, and you can't know why a pregnancy happens.

In my case, I know the exact moment I got pregnant and it was entirely my fault. I don't want to get too graphic, but lets just say we were having sex in an unusual location and when he asked me if it was OK, I said yes. We had been having sex for 2 1/2 years so he had no reason to not take my word for it.

He asked me. I lied to him. I didn't lie on purpose. I was about 10 seconds from an orgasm and I didn't care.

She's 13 now and drives me absolutely nuts.

But you can, as I said sex comes with risks. Pregnancy is one of those risks, no sex = no pregnancy.

You can have sex without getting pregnant. I did it for years.

It's actually very hard to get pregnant. No pun intended.

You can have sex without getting pregnant. I did it for years.

It's actually very hard to get pregnant. No pun intended.

True, of course. I did not say that sex = pregnancy. And I agree getting pregnant can be hard, much harder if no sex is envovled.

The whole principle is related to another case I heard recently concerning the equal protection clause. Right now, a mother, at any time up to a certain point in the pregnancy, can choose to end it, killing the child and never being put under the 2 decade burden of having to take care of a child. A man, on the other hand, loses all authority in the decision the second he ejaculates. If he decides he doesn't want the burden of a child, but the mother wants to have the child anyway, it's tough cookies. He's gotta pay child support, even if he decided from day one that he'd rather her have an abortion than a child.

This is why a man in, I think, Minnesota, filed suit in the early days of his girlfriend's pregnancy to be released from his child support obligation, citing the equal protection clause. Personally, I think he's legally right, but everybody involved is morally wrong.

The whole principle is related to another case I heard recently concerning the equal protection clause. Right now, a mother, at any time up to a certain point in the pregnancy, can choose to end it, killing the child and never being put under the 2 decade burden of having to take care of a child. A man, on the other hand, loses all authority in the decision the second he ejaculates. If he decides he doesn't want the burden of a child, but the mother wants to have the child anyway, it's tough cookies. He's gotta pay child support, even if he decided from day one that he'd rather her have an abortion than a child.

This is why a man in, I think, Minnesota, filed suit in the early days of his girlfriend's pregnancy to be released from his child support obligation, citing the equal protection clause. Personally, I think he's legally right, but everybody involved is morally wrong.

Well said, Hobbit.

That's total bullshit. Nobody ever applauds a woman for having an abortion.

I disagree with part of this. BOTH parents are equally responsible if a child is conceived. BOTH parents should share child support. I think BOTH parents' permission should be necessary to obtain an abortion. A woman has to sign off when her husband has a vasectomy. Even more important to have both parties in agreement when a child has already been conceived. If the man wants the child & the woman doesn't, the woman should be required to give birth, and pay child support. She should have used better protection if she really didn't want the kid. If the woman wants the baby & the man doesn't, he should have to pay child support. There are so many methods of birth control out there, there's not really an excuse, IMO.

If the woman wants the baby & the man doesn't, he should have to pay child support.

IIRC the case Hobbit mentioned went something like this:

Girl tells guy she can NOT get pregnant. He asks. She insists. He askes about BC, she says 'I can't get pregnant', he says 'I do NOT want a child', she concurs. She gets pregnant, has the baby and sues him for 20% of his base salary.

:(

I disagree with part of this. BOTH parents are equally responsible if a child is conceived. BOTH parents should share child support. I think BOTH parents' permission should be necessary to obtain an abortion. A woman has to sign off when her husband has a vasectomy. Even more important to have both parties in agreement when a child has already been conceived. If the man wants the child & the woman doesn't, the woman should be required to give birth, and pay child support. She should have used better protection if she really didn't want the kid. If the woman wants the baby & the man doesn't, he should have to pay child support. There are so many methods of birth control out there, there's not really an excuse, IMO.

What you're talking about is for men to have veto power over women's bodies. If you want to grant someone else that right voluntarily, that's between you and him. I don't need anyone's permission to exercise dominion over my body like a child.

And while I agree, in theory, regarding available birth control, sometimes stuff happens. And while I respect the choice to carry a child full time, we can't force that choice on others... much as we might like controlling the morality of those around us.

And, by the by, sometimes, just sometimes, you think you can't get pregnant, so might choose not to use any birth control, and are surprised to find that you did. Thing is, we can't make people give their reasons and decide some people should have the right and not others. We can't force women to beg a judge for help if she becomes impregnated during a rape (because let's face it, even if you're talking about exempting rape and incest pregnancies from anti-choice laws, you're really talking about having to go to someone else for permission).

Sorry.. .it doesn't fly.

This debate is getting closer and closer all the time to the gay marriage debate. Guess what folks-----you will NEVER have all the same rights, privileges or opportunities as everyone else. All this whining about people not being able to have that green grass on the other side of the fence is just that. Women will never be men, men will never be women.( Insert jokes here). Accept some realities and stop seeing them as limitations.

What you're talking about is for men to have veto power over women's bodies. If you want to grant someone else that right voluntarily, that's between you and him. I don't need anyone's permission to exercise dominion over my body like a child.

And while I agree, in theory, regarding available birth control, sometimes stuff happens. And while I respect the choice to carry a child full time, we can't force that choice on others... much as we might like controlling the morality of those around us.

And, by the by, sometimes, just sometimes, you think you can't get pregnant, so might choose not to use any birth control, and are surprised to find that you did. Thing is, we can't make people give their reasons and decide some people should have the right and not others. We can't force women to beg a judge for help if she becomes impregnated during a rape (because let's face it, even if you're talking about exempting rape and incest pregnancies from anti-choice laws, you're really talking about having to go to someone else for permission).

Sorry.. .it doesn't fly.

Dee-dee-dee...

What states require, by law, that a wife has to give her husband permission to get a vasectomy?

As far as a woman being forced to spend 9 months pregnant because some guy she had a one night stand with wants the little brat, that's ridiculous.

Why don't we just outlaw alcohol? That would solve most abortion on demand situations overnight.

Forum List

Back