Man loses job because his wife gets cancer

Truthmatters

Diamond Member
May 10, 2007
Wife's Cancer Costs Husband His Job - Boston News Story - WCVB Boston

"Fourteen years with the company and they just let him go like that, and that's what terrified me," Kathy Sorabella said.

Carl's employer, Haynes real estate management company in Wellesley is a small office employing fewer than 50 people, so neither state nor federal employment laws apply. There is little Carl can do about his situation -- other than collect unemployment.

Read more: http://www.thebostonchannel.com/news/28038679/detail.html#ixzz1PSM9U03R

Last edited:
He claims he was told on the they were thinking about laying him off then a week later got termination papers.

I doubt the truthfulness of the story

• Banned
RD I dont see that in the article were did you get that information?

Very reason why insurance and a job should have never been married to each other, Get health insurance to cover the catastrophic stuff with as high a deductible as you can personally deal with while your your and healthy and pay cash for the rest.

• Banned
He claims he was told on the they were thinking about laying him off then a week later got termination papers.

I doubt the truthfulness of the story

"When I told my boss, she said 'We were thinking about laying you off.' I thought, 'You can't do that,'" Sorabella told WCVB.

This is the ONLY thing in the article close to what you claim

You may be right, his story changed with every telling.

But so what? I claimed I doubt the truthfulness and I still do

I'm not seeing where he lost his job because his wife had cancer. I'm reading he lost his job because he told his boss he would be there less or not at all during normal business hours.

I'm not seeing where he lost his job because his wife had cancer. I'm reading he lost his job because he told his boss he would be there less or not at all during normal business hours.

My brother ended up losing his job due to illness; over the course of two years he missed too much work. He wasn't there to do the job so they let him go and hired someone who was able to be there and do the job.

Doesn't seem like much of a job anyway. It was a small real estate company probably barely scraping by in this economy and they had a choice of hiring someone else to do his job while paying him to take care of his wife which may have caused the whole company to go under, or let him go. Life's a bitch ain't it?

Forum List

Back