Man Killed for Confederate Flag T-Shirt

William Joyce

Chemotherapy for PC
Jan 23, 2004
Caucasiastan
Is that a hate crime?

No.

http://www.app.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20070211/NEWS/702110393/1004/BUSINESS

Will this make bigger press than Jersey?

No.

Will anyone rush in to protest it?

No.

Those who attended the show with Morrison say the brawl that led to his death was touched off by someone in the club taking offense to a Lynyrd Skynyrd shirt featuring a Confederate flag that was worn by one of Morrison's friends.

The arrest brought some level of relief to Morrison's family.

Lorrie Morrison said the authorities told her a week ago that they were planning to arrest a suspect. She said police found an FSU key chain on Franklin, despite his denying involvement in the gang.

Both she and the victim's grandparents expressed appreciation to the police and news media for the speedy arrest and for keeping the case in the public eye.

"Nothing is going to bring him back," said Carol Zemartis, James Morrison's grandmother. "But I'm so glad they got somebody, and it is gang-related, no matter what anyone says."

In the news release, Prosecutor Valentin said, "By following every lead and interviewing many individuals who possibly knew relevant information, police were able to arrest the man whose gratuitous violent act recklessly caused the death of Mr. Morrison."

Do whites get what's happening in this country?

I'm waiting.

Is that a hate crime?

No.

http://www.app.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20070211/NEWS/702110393/1004/BUSINESS

Will this make bigger press than Jersey?

No.

Will anyone rush in to protest it?

No.

Those who attended the show with Morrison say the brawl that led to his death was touched off by someone in the club taking offense to a Lynyrd Skynyrd shirt featuring a Confederate flag that was worn by one of Morrison's friends.

The arrest brought some level of relief to Morrison's family.

Lorrie Morrison said the authorities told her a week ago that they were planning to arrest a suspect. She said police found an FSU key chain on Franklin, despite his denying involvement in the gang.

Both she and the victim's grandparents expressed appreciation to the police and news media for the speedy arrest and for keeping the case in the public eye.

"Nothing is going to bring him back," said Carol Zemartis, James Morrison's grandmother. "But I'm so glad they got somebody, and it is gang-related, no matter what anyone says."

In the news release, Prosecutor Valentin said, "By following every lead and interviewing many individuals who possibly knew relevant information, police were able to arrest the man whose gratuitous violent act recklessly caused the death of Mr. Morrison."

Do whites get what's happening in this country?

I'm waiting.
fsu.jpg

Have you become so desperate that you're now using white on white violence to propagandize your racist Aryan agenda?

LMAO. You're an idiot.

fsu.jpg

Have you become so desperate that you're now using white on white violence to propagandize your racist Aryan agenda?

LMAO. You're an idiot.

Well, really, the SAME can be said of the Black agenda, couldn't it.

I mean look at New Orleans, their using Black on Black violence to propagandize the black agenda.:eusa_think:

If the T-shirt was the catalyst then is isn't a hate crime...
if he was killed because he happened to be white, then it is.

If the T-shirt was the catalyst then is isn't a hate crime...
if he was killed because he happened to be white, then it is.
Than by your rational the confederate flag is in no way rascist since it is just a symbol.

So all the blacks should quit saying its rascist to fly the flag right????

Than by your rational the confederate flag is in no way rascist since it is just a symbol.

So all the blacks should quit saying its rascist to fly the flag right????

No. By my rationale, the shirt worn has nothing to do with it being a 'hate' crime. If it was a hate crime, the guy could have been shirtless, or wearing a NWA shirt and the result would've been the same. If you are out to lynch some black dudes - are you gonna double-check their shirt logo first?

I made no mention of blacks' feeling about the confederate flag, not as familiar with the racial overtones that flag has for different people.
I thought it just represented the confederate army from civil war... and the idea that the north was arrogant and tried to force its way of life down the southern state's throats... but that's based on reading, not on discussing it with anyone from dixie, or wherever... feel free to enlighten.

So if I wore a Hitler or Osama T-shirt, I would be free from lynching?

No. Your odds of being lynched because of your 'race' are not related to your fashion sense. Unless, if you actually had a shirt that says 'Lynch me, please."

I am not saying clothing can't incite hatred, or exascerbate (sp?) a situation... just that the shirt doesn't make the hate crime. The hatred does.

I agree, these people were all drunk, and i doubt they meant to kill this guy but someone needs to realize wearing a lynard skynard shirt is not anything to be offended by. The confederate flag being waved around is something to be concerned about though, your not too smart if you wave a symbol that stands for legalized slavery around, in an area with black people who you know will get offended. This incident was a mistake on both sides, the guy should not have worn the shirt, its not hard to just wear something else....and on the other hand the people beating him up, should not have beat him up for something so trival as a T-shirt. The guy is not shouting out "bring back slavery" is he?!?? I dont care how drunk you are, that is a lack of self controll. Then again this stuff happens all the time, nobody has any sense of patience, or manners.

Forum List

Back