Man hit by non-lethal round charged in Phoenix assault

miketx

Diamond Member
Dec 25, 2015
Man hit by gas round in viral video now faces charges for aggravated assault on police

Man hit by gas round in viral video now faces charges for aggravated assault on police

The man seen in the 3TV/CBS 5 video getting hit with a non-lethal round after kicking a gas canister at officers was booked into jail Thursday night on four criminal charges, Phoenix police announced.

Joshua Stuart Cobin, 29, from Scottsdale, was booked on three felony counts of aggravated assault on police and one misdemeanor count of unlawful assembly.

He got what he asked for. I hope he does time.

That guy will be fine. In WW2 people didn't enlist to fight the Nazi's expecting no casualties.
In WW2 people didn't enlist to fight the Nazi's expecting no casualties.

th

• Banned
That guy will be fine. In WW2 people didn't enlist to fight the Nazi's expecting no casualties.
He wasn't fighting nazis he was told to stand down, he refused and assaulted the police. He'll get what he has coming and by the looks of him, he won't like it.

The man seen in the 3TV/CBS 5 video getting hit with a non-lethal round after kicking a gas canister at officers was booked into jail Thursday night on four criminal charges, Phoenix police announced.

Joshua Stuart Cobin, 29, from Scottsdale, was booked on three felony counts of aggravated assault on police and one misdemeanor count of unlawful assembly.

I think he is a jerk and idiot.......
Although kicking the canister toward the cops may technically be assault, charging him with that seems to be a stretch... kind of like charging a man with assault for taking a swing at a cop if the cop is ten feet away...safe from actually being hit. There was little to no risk of the cops being injured by that kicked canister.

• Banned

Although kicking the canister toward the cops may technically be assault, charging him with that seems to be a stretch... kind of like charging a man with assault for taking a swing at a cop if the cop is ten feet away...safe from actually being hit. There was little to no risk of the cops being injured by that kicked canister.
If you knew anything about those cannisters you would probably still say that and still be just as wrong. Those canisters get super hot and can maim and cripple a person. He kicked it toward police, and whether he knew that or not, he's going down. I saw a stupid con pick one up at the prison where he was rioting and his hand received horrible burns. In other words, you don't know what you are talking about.

If you knew anything about those cannisters you would probably still say that and still be just as wrong. Those canisters get super hot and can maim and cripple a person. He kicked it toward police, and whether he knew that or not, he's going down. I saw a stupid con pick one up at the prison where he was rioting and his hand received horrible burns. In other words, you don't know what you are talking about.
I watched the video, and the perp was wearing a bandage due to being burned by one of this canisters when he attempted to pick one up. You are right, I am still of the same opinion, because being kick toward the police and rolling within a few feet of a cop is not a danger to the cop. If it were, the the cops would have no business firing the thing into a crowd of demonstrators.

I watched the video, and the perp was wearing a bandage due to being burned by one of this canisters when he attempted to pick one up. You are right, I am still of the same opinion, because being kick toward the police and rolling within a few feet of a cop is not a danger to the cop. If it were, the the cops would have no business firing the thing into a crowd of demonstrators.
Attempted assault of a LEO is a felony. Plus when the rioters are out of control and refuse to stand down they have every right to fire it into the crowd.

What a mentally-challenged white 1sshole. I wonder why he was arrested, since it's so rare for police actually arrest any violent libtards. He probably tried to make a formal complaint against the police.

He picked up the the gas canister and threw it at police. Also, throwing and kicking something toward someone is nothing like taking a distant swing. A distant swing has no chance of contact. A throw or kick that doesn't come close might just be a bad throw or kick. The fact is, he gave the can a good kick in the direction of the cops. In the video, I can't tell how close the can came to police.

Attempted assault of a LEO is a felony.
Taking a swing at someone is assault, actually hitting the person is assault and battery. So yes, technically kicking the can at the officers can be considered assault. Attempted assault is redundant because assault is the attempt.

What a mentally-challenged white 1sshole. I wonder why he was arrested, since it's so rare for police actually arrest any violent libtards. He probably tried to make a formal complaint against the police.

He picked up the the gas canister and threw it at police. Also, throwing and kicking something toward someone is nothing like taking a distant swing. A distant swing has no chance of contact. A throw or kick that doesn't come close might just be a bad throw or kick. The fact is, he gave the can a good kick in the direction of the cops. In the video, I can't tell how close the can came to police.
When I worked in prison, your type of convict was referred to as a "jail house lawyer". They know just enough about the law to end up in prison.

Maybe he'll be lucky enough to get a spot as a soprano in the prison choir.

Hahaha bet the pos a.h. won't think he's so big and bad now esp. if the little bitch ends up someone's little bitch in jail . LMFAO!!

Hahaha bet the pos a.h. won't think he's so big and bad now esp. if the little bitch ends up someone's little bitch in jail . LMFAO!!

If that gas round had knocked his junk in the dirt, he'd be someone's bitch for sure. Those things pack a pretty good wallop.

Forum List

Back