Man gets 19 months for urging Trump supporters to kill lawmakers

Otis Mayfield

Diamond Member
Sep 17, 2021
Brendan-Hunt-U.S.-Capitol-riot.jpg

NEW YORK —A supporter of former president Donald Trump was sentenced to 19 months in prison for threatening to “slaughter” members of Congress days after the Jan. 6 breach of the U.S. Capitol — a threat that tested the limits of free speech in an era of contentious political division.

Brendan Hunt, 37, still doesn’t recognize the severity of the violent rhetoric in the 88-second message he posted online 12 days before Joe Biden’s inauguration, said the judge who sentenced him Monday in federal court in Brooklyn.

“We cherish free speech in this country but we also cherish our form of government,” said U.S. District Court Judge Pamela Chen, who rejected Hunt’s bid to limit his sentence to the 10 months he has already been held.

'We won this election, and we won it by a landslide'​

'We will stop the steal'​

'We will never give up. We will never concede. It doesn't happen'​

'If you don't fight like hell you're not going to have a country anymore'​

'We are going to the Capitol'​

It's obvious that trump is still the real president. Only cowards didn't step up to restore trump to his rightful office. Only one person died and that was a woman. Despicable. Hundreds of thousands should've died.

Not me. I know trump lost fair and square and trump can go choke on a donkey dick.

NEW YORK —A supporter of former president Donald Trump was sentenced to 19 months in prison for threatening to “slaughter” members of Congress days after the Jan. 6 breach of the U.S. Capitol — a threat that tested the limits of free speech in an era of contentious political division.

Brendan Hunt, 37, still doesn’t recognize the severity of the violent rhetoric in the 88-second message he posted online 12 days before Joe Biden’s inauguration, said the judge who sentenced him Monday in federal court in Brooklyn.

“We cherish free speech in this country but we also cherish our form of government,” said U.S. District Court Judge Pamela Chen, who rejected Hunt’s bid to limit his sentence to the 10 months he has already been held.

It's obvious that trump is still the real president. Only cowards didn't step up to restore trump to his rightful office. Only one person died and that was a woman. Despicable. Hundreds of thousands should've died.

Not me. I know trump lost fair and square and trump can go choke on a donkey dick.
If he got sentenced for that when do Cruz, Hawley, Boebert, Green, tRump, Rudy, and so on get theirs?

Remember when this used to be a thing?

Amendment I​

Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the government for a redress of grievances.

Now we have political prisoners going to prison for years for speaking against the Reich.

Tested the limits of speech...................LOLOL......................He deserves a lot longer

Amazing though, when all those congress critters were shot up on a softball field, you guys were so happy. I remember that.......A folk hero

This only matters to Trump supporters...................You cheer riots and violence you stupid shit

Tested the limits of speech...................LOLOL......................He deserves a lot longer

Amazing though, when all those congress critters were shot up on a softball field, you guys were so happy. I remember that.......A folk hero

Deserves longer? For speech?

Will we soon have laws that define what speech is allow (hail Biden, all praise to Emperor Xi) and what will send you to the camps?

Or is it better to be capricious and have the slaves in fear than any word that displeases the Reich will send them to the gulags?

I sorta kinda agree with the guy. Nerf guns, water pistols, and paintball guns should do the trick.

His big mistake was not being a black man threatening to slaughter Republicans. He wouldn't face any jail time and would have nice statues erected in his honor.

Deserves longer? For speech?

Will we soon have laws that define what speech is allow (hail Biden, all praise to Emperor Xi) and what will send you to the camps?

Or is it better to be capricious and have the slaves in fear than any word that displeases the Reich will send them to the gulags?
It is the threat of violence. I'll use it for both sides

But fuck these libturds and their double standard justice. That is the real GD problem behind this

Trump lost so these bastards could be exposed as what they are. Dangerous village idiots

If he would have won we'd have 4 more yrs of Russia....Russia....Russia.And then Buttplug or the whore as prez in 24

His big mistake was not being a black man threatening to slaughter Republicans. He wouldn't face any jail time and would have nice statues erected in his honor.

Maybe he was in blackface when he posted that. That would have been a good defense strategy for his lawyer.

Amendment I​

Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the government for a redress of grievances.

Now we have political prisoners going to prison for years for speaking against the Reich.
So...the First Amendment protects threatening speech? :heehee:

This only matters to Trump supporters...................You cheer riots and violence you stupid shit
Give us a link to any of us being happy when Congressmen were shot by that kook at the softball field. A folk hero? Can't even remember his name....good he was killed by more heroic Capitol police though....the same police that your ilk beat up and tried to kill on Jan 6th.

Amendment I​

Yes, but no right is in existence without limitations.

It is the threat of violence. I'll use it for both sides

Nope.

Threats must be credible. This was not. This was simply rhetoric. He is imprisoned for speech that the Reich disapproves of.

But fuck these libturds and their double standard justice. That is the real GD problem behind this

Trump lost so these bastards could be exposed as what they are. Dangerous village idiots

If he would have won we'd have 4 more yrs of Russia....Russia....Russia.And then Buttplug or the whore as prez in 24

We don't have a bill of rights anymore.

The 1st Amendment is gone. We have allowed tyranny to overtake this land.

And the limitation is obedience to the Reich.

No word contradictory or harmful to the goals or the Reich may be spoken or thought. - Obama Judge Pamela Chen
Just because we have freedom of religion doesn't give anyone the right to use human sacrifice during a religious ritual.

Yes, but no right is in existence without limitations.

Nor should any government be in existence without limitations. Hence, the First and Second Amendments.

Speech and actions are two different things. One can be criminalized, while the other shouldn't.

Forum List

Back