Man beats peacock he says was vampire

Gunny

Gold Member
Dec 27, 2004
The Republic of Texas
NEW YORK - A peacock that roamed into a fast-food restaurant parking lot was attacked by man who vilified the bird as a vampire, animal-control authorities said.

Beaten so fiercely that most of his tail feathers fell out, the bird was euthanized, said Richard Gentles, a spokesman for the city's Center for Animal Care and Control.

"It's just unbelievable that someone would do something to a poor, defenseless animal and do it in such a cruel fashion," he said.

The peacock, a male several years old, wandered into a Staten Island Burger King parking lot and perched on a car hood Thursday morning. Charmed employees had been feeding him bread when the man appeared.

more ... http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20070701/ap_on_fe_st/odd_peacock_attacked

:cuckoo:

I read it earlier, and actually busted out laughing.. I feel sorry for the peacock, but...:lol:

Seems to me the larger question is just how many think we are beyond the problem.

Nevermind.

LOL ... I'm just wondering who convinced RSR the peacock was maineman in a bird suit.:lol:

LMFAO!!!!!!!
udaman.gif

I, for one, think that the ACLU should secure the rights of the dead peacock's family to sue the deepest pockets available!

:rofl:

i didnt know peacocks roamed wild. dont have them here. this man should get the chair for his crime. if he is willing to commit murder on an animal and think it was a vampire who knows what he will do. he is probably a liberal on drugs.

Forum List

Back