Man arrested and charged by police after attempting to import 400lbs of ice

iloverachel

Jun 20, 2020
Full story and photos of the seized cash and drugs

About 180 kilograms of ice found in refrigerators sent to Sydney has been seized, with a NSW man now in custody for his involvement.

The 28-year-old Chipping Norton man was charged by the Australian Federal Police (AFP) on Thursday after the drugs, worth about $135 million, were discovered by Australian Border Force (ABF) officers in air cargo sent from Malaysia.
1600694968421.png

He was charged with importing a commercial quantity of border-controlled drugs and is due to appear in the Central Local Court at a later date.

Can someone please clarify something for me?

The OP says “ice”. That's what the article says, too, and then goes on to use the word “drugs”.

I initially, on seeing the title, assumed this was going to be about some stupid government action against someone for transporting water in its solid state.

Apparently, as used here, “ice” is meant to be a slang term for some illegal drug, but the article does not specify which drug. On further thought, I think I have some faint awareness of “ice” as a slang term for some drug, but I do not know which drug.

So what is this drug that was being transported?

The OP says “ice”. That's what the article says, too, and then goes on to use the word “drugs”.

I initially, on seeing the title, assumed this was going to be about some stupid government action against someone for transporting water in its solid state.

Apparently, as used here, “ice” is meant to be a slang term for some illegal drug, but the article does not specify which drug. On further thought, I think I have some faint awareness of “ice” as a slang term for some drug, but I do not know which drug.

cooks-meth-relaxes-with-ice-road-truckers.jpg

My bad, forgot to clarify

Crystal methamphetamine, or 'ice', is a synthetic drug and of Methamphetamine typically comes in three different forms (ice, base and speed) that vary in their appearance and Crystal methamphetamine is one of the most varieties of the drug and is usually colourless and odourless. The name ‘ice’ became popular due to the drug’s form of white little ‘crystals’ and glass-like appearance.

New Topics

Forum List

Back