Man accused of killing Las Vegas police officer faced previous gun-related charges, records say

For debate by serious people.
Who cares what some navel gazer was hallucinating in 2003?

You can't come up with any facts to support your idiocy.

None.

See, I have facts on my side;

{
The Bee reported that in April 2020, while at the height of the COVID-19 pandemic, the California Judicial Council took the step of “imposing a statewide emergency bail schedule, ending the requirement of cash bail for low-level offenders” in a bid to reduce the spread of the virus among inmates.

The Bee added:

“The order set bail at $0 for most misdemeanor and low-level felony charges. The emergency order was lifted in June 2020, though individual counties were permitted to make their own decisions on whether to keep $0 bail in place.”

The data reported in the Bee said:

“… Out of 595 people [in Yolo County] who were released on $0 bail during that period [until June 2021], 420 were re-arrested, with 123 of them arrested for violent crimes, with charges ranging from murder and attempted murder to kidnapping, robbery, carjacking and domestic violence.”}

“… Out of 595 people [in Yolo County] who were released on $0 bail during that period [until June 2021], 420 were re-arrested, with 123 of them arrested for violent crimes, with charges ranging from murder and attempted murder to kidnapping, robbery, carjacking and domestic violence.”}

[
You've provided proof that the American system doesn't work. In Norway those who come out of jails hardly ever reoffend, because of the prison's approach to rehabilitation.

And then nearly a third of those re-arrested will have committed violent crimes!

You're only reinforcing the fact that the American system is rotten to the core and is a dismal failure!

Stuff happens. Unstable people go on shooting rampages with depressing regularity, no matter what government does

The very purpose of the 2nd Amendment is to stop the government from disallowing people the means to defend themselves against tyranny. Any proposal to abuse executive power and infringe upon gun rights must be repelled with the stiffest legislative force possible.

You've provided proof that the American system doesn't work.

I've provided proof that the "no cash bail" and "defund the police" idiocy is a complete disaster - WHICH is the subject of this thread.
In Norway those who come out of jails hardly ever reoffend, because of the prison's approach to rehabilitation.

And then nearly a third of those re-arrested will have committed violent crimes!

You're only reinforcing the fact that the American system is rotten to the core and is a dismal failure!

Nice links and citations...

Oh wait - you can't post facts you don't have.....

The man accused of shooting and killing a Las Vegas police officer was previously convicted of a gun-related charge, was known to pull out his gun during confrontations, and once fired a bullet into a ceiling, documents say. He should have never been on the streets.

The approach of more incarceration and more punishment isn't working and there's no indication that increasing the wrong approach will ever work.

Alternative methods do work. There's no reason for me to elaborate further if nobody has an interest in a discussion.

I have to assume for now at least that the OP isn't interested in a discussion either.
Less enforcement and less incarceration have been a catastrophic failure.

None.

See, I have facts on my side;

{
The Bee reported that in April 2020, while at the height of the COVID-19 pandemic, the California Judicial Council took the step of “imposing a statewide emergency bail schedule, ending the requirement of cash bail for low-level offenders” in a bid to reduce the spread of the virus among inmates.

The Bee added:

“The order set bail at $0 for most misdemeanor and low-level felony charges. The emergency order was lifted in June 2020, though individual counties were permitted to make their own decisions on whether to keep $0 bail in place.”

The data reported in the Bee said:

Woah.

No wonder Donald H wasn't wanting to debate this. :eek:

You've provided proof that the American system doesn't work. In Norway those who come out of jails hardly ever reoffend, because of the prison's approach to rehabilitation.

So the US just needs to be Norway AND apply a different approach to dangerous criminals in order to allegedly solve the crime problem?

Good to know...

The man accused of shooting and killing a Las Vegas police officer was previously convicted of a gun-related charge, was known to pull out his gun during confrontations, and once fired a bullet into a ceiling, documents say. He should have never been on the streets.

Clark County has a Soros appointed DA, don't they?

i'm in Vegas right now

surprise fact: the Vegas strip is much different at 7AM than at 12 midnight. the sun is hot and bright, as usual

Forum List

Back