Males and Females have you ever been sexually harassed?

Sexually harassed. A few times. The catcalls on the street are one thing. But having a married coworker rip my scarf off in a bar because he wanted to see more cleavage and I was dressed as a paralegal and not a hooker is another. And I don't enjoy being pinned against a wall. Some people think that's cute.
That was all quite gentlemanly. I worked for a lawyer who had skirts and stockings as the dress code. Every morning we had inspection. The women lifted their skirts up to their waists to verify we had stockings with garters. No pantyhose. And no runs. He did not tolerate runs in hose.

I once interviewed with a lawyer who upon being told I was married asked "how serious are you about that?"

Then there was the lawyer who out and out told me that my bonus depended on my fucking opposing counsel to negotiate the settlement.

Showing cleavage, in a bar. Kindergarten stuff. You missed the worst of it.

I remember walking into a deposition and the opposing attorney gave me his coffee order. "Sorry Beans, I'm your vicious opposition " his jaw hit the floor.
You don't know shit about sexual harassment.

One lawyer had a bad day when he lost an important motion. He came back to the office with blood in his eye. He picked up an IBM typewriter and threw it at one of the secretaries. Missed her by millimeters.

I think it is common with females that they get sexually harassed. At least "lightly" like they walk on the streets and a construction worker cat calls them etc. or someone follows them and looks at their behind.

Now have any of you males been sexually harassed before?

I wouldnt say I was directly sexually harassed, but once in Serbia a nurse measured my blood pressure, and she pressed my arm close to her breast. And I felt uncomfortable. I dont know if there was intention behind it, but I felt uncoformtable.

Yeah, almost daily when I worked in an office building surrounded by women. I wasn't so bad to look at which helps. Did it bother me? fuck no, not enough to run and tell. Trust me on this, without a doubt I could list 50-100 instances that if the other way around, big trouble coming. When one boss says she hired me cuz she likes my ass. She wanted a threesome with my ex-wife too, fuck I'm an idiot, she was HOT. When another harassed me constantly. I set her on ignore on everything I needed to, she was just too pathetic. I was preparing for retirement and couldn't give a shit. That and she knew better than to fuck with me. See, in life the boss is sometimes just a shit-show, especially inside a bureaucracy.
These type of females usually produce a very itchy rash 3 days later.

Is it sexual harassment if a woman seduces a man, knowingly happily married with kids, on a night of weakness fueled by alcohol?

I think it is common with females that they get sexually harassed. At least "lightly" like they walk on the streets and a construction worker cat calls them etc. or someone follows them and looks at their behind.

I wouldnt say I was directly sexually harassed, but once in Serbia a nurse measured my blood pressure, and she pressed my arm close to her breast. And I felt uncomfortable. I dont know if there was intention behind it, but I felt uncoformtable.

I have to masturbate...a BUNCH. I mean...it's not constant. I stop. I really do. I mean I do other things. Not a bunch I grant you that. There's a bunch that is neglected but I'm not planning to die any time so soon so I should (at least in theory) get around to at least SOME of the stuff at some point, right? Besides it's healthy but man if it's not one hand it's the other. You never know.

I have to masturbate...a BUNCH. I mean...it's not constant. I stop. I really do. I mean I do other things. Not a bunch I grant you that. There's a bunch that is neglected but I'm not planning to die any time so soon so I should (at least in theory) get around to at least SOME of the stuff at some point, right? Besides it's healthy but man if it's not one hand it's the other. You never know.
How do you type blind?

You got a braille keyboard?

Yes,

My entire working career....!!!

Only, I didn't know it at the time... I just thought it was normal... all us females went thru it... No one thought it would ever change... boys, will be boys kind of thing.... it wasn't until the late 1990s and 2000s, and employers started making us take courses on workplace harassment did all of us females realize we were being harassed, and we could do something about it, by reporting it..... but no one really did even then, because we thought we'd be fired or kill our careers...

Yes,

Only, I didn't know it at the time... I just thought it was normal... all us females went thru it... No one thought it would ever change... boys, will be boys kind of thing.... it wasn't until the late 1990s and 2000s, and employers started making us take courses on workplace harassment did all of us females realize we were being harassed, and we could do something about it, by reporting it..... but no one really did even then, because we thought we'd be fired or kill our careers...
Did it bother you?

Serious question....

Yes,

Did it bother you?

Serious question....
When it did, I let the person know it!!! Otherwise, no...especially when I was single, it didn't bother me.... I just thought it was normal.... I married a co worker...

Although this was not sexual as in sexually touching harassment, I had a male boss, for about 10 years who used to grab my arm and pinch it, always asking....is your skin getting any thicker? He was a son of a bitch... hard ass, you could never do anything right kind of boss... first 2 years working for him, I cried every day from his relentless abuse.... everything I did, could have been done better according to him... And he used to say things like, "what do you know...you are just a 23 year old female"...He was 12 years older than me, a divorced man...

I will say, to this very day, he was the smartest man I've ever known and my entire fruitful career, came from training and knowledge learned from that mean bastard...

Then about 5 years in to the job, I had enough...... and said to him, or yelled at him, Why haven't you fired me, if I am so f-ing bad....

And my first sort of compliment ever from him was, "if you were so f-ing bad, you wouldn't still be working here", and he cracked a smile.....

Things were good for the next 5 years... I knew he was just trying to train me well... then he resigned to go to a much larger corporation, he recommended to the President, that I get his job.... And I did.

And we have stayed friends.... my now husband who was a friend at the time worked at the same company and knew him as well.... though the hubby and I were not married until after the hubby left the company....

Yes,

Did it bother you?

Serious question....
When it did, I let the person know it!!! Otherwise, no...especially when I was single, it didn't bother me.... I just thought it was normal.... I married a co worker...

Although this was not sexual as in sexually touching harassment, I had a male boss, for about 10 years who used to grab my arm and pinch it, always asking....is your skin getting any thicker? He was a son of a bitch... hard ass, you could never do anything right kind of boss... first 2 years working for him, I cried every day from his relentless abuse.... everything I did, could have been done better according to him... And he used to say things like, "what do you know...you are just a 23 year old female"...He was 12 years older than me, a divorced man...

I will say, to this very day, he was the smartest man I've ever known and my entire fruitful career, came from training and knowledge learned from that mean bastard...

Then about 5 years in to the job, I had enough...... and said to him, or yelled at him, Why haven't you fired me, if I am so f-ing bad....

And my first sort of compliment ever from him was, "if you were so f-ing bad, you wouldn't still be working here", and he cracked a smile.....

Things were good for the next 5 years... I knew he was just trying to train me well... then he resigned to go to a much larger corporation, he recommended to the President, that I get his job.... And I did.

And we have stayed friends.... my now husband who was a friend at the time worked at the same company and knew him as well.... though the hubby and I were not married until after the hubby left the company....
I am an outrageous flirt, and to my knowledge, no one has ever complained.... but it would bother me if I thought it bothered them.

Yes,

Did it bother you?

Serious question....

I am an outrageous flirt, and to my knowledge, no one has ever complained.... but it would bother me if I thought it bothered them.
If you are just a coworker, I think they would let you know if it bothered them... they likely see you just as a flirt.... but pay close attention to their responses.... body language, if it bothers them, you should be able to see it.

Yes,

Did it bother you?

Serious question....

If you are just a coworker, I think they would let you know if it bothered them... they likely see you just as a flirt.... but pay close attention to their responses.... body language, if it bothers them, you should be able to see it.
I don't do it at work much, I don't get my honey where I make my money.

Every barmaid west of Houston out to Columbus knows me though, lol.

Forum List

Back