Malcolm X was Right About America

georgephillip

Diamond Member
Dec 27, 2009
Los Angeles, California
February 21, 2015 will mark the 50th anniversary of the assassination of Malcolm X, a revolutionary prophet who well understood his kind didn't have to worry about how to spend retirement:
"NEW YORK—Malcolm X, unlike Martin Luther King Jr., did not believe America had a conscience.

"For him there was no great tension between the lofty ideals of the nation—which he said were a sham—and the failure to deliver justice to blacks. He, perhaps better than King, understood the inner workings of empire.

"He had no hope that those who managed empire would ever get in touch with their better selves to build a country free of exploitation and injustice.

"He argued that from the arrival of the first slave ship to the appearance of our vast archipelago of prisons and our squalid, urban internal colonies where the poor are trapped and abused, the American empire was unrelentingly hostile to those Frantz Fanon called 'the wretched of the earth.'

"This, Malcolm knew, would not change until the empire was destroyed."

Had he lived, I don't think Malcolm would be shocked by the War on Terror or the level of violence in America's decaying inner cities, but I wonder if he would define freedom any differently?

"'The price of freedom,' Malcolm said shortly before he was killed, 'is death.'”

Chris Hedges Malcolm X Was Right About America - Chris Hedges -Truthdig

He did say that blacks were political chumps for supporting Democrats

I will forgive you that only because the breasts showing in your avi are distracting me in a very positive way.

19448.jpg

He did say that blacks were political chumps for supporting Democrats
And he had a few thoughts about capitalism, as well.
"'It is impossible for capitalism to survive, primarily because the system of capitalism needs some blood to suck,' Malcolm said. 'Capitalism used to be like an eagle, but now it’s more like a vulture. It used to be strong enough to go and suck anybody’s blood whether they were strong or not. But now it has become more cowardly, like the vulture, and it can only suck the blood of the helpless. As the nations of the world free themselves, then capitalism has less victims, less to suck, and it becomes weaker and weaker. It’s only a matter of time in my opinion before it will collapse completely.'”

He was an angry Malcolm, Malcolm the tenth was, but I've heard rumors that Malcolm the twelfth lingers somewhere in Cuba, and is a much more agreeable fellow.
"'Sometimes, I have dared to dream … that one day, history may even say that my voice—which disturbed the white man’s smugness, and his arrogance, and his complacency—that my voice helped to save America from a grave, possibly even fatal catastrophe,' Malcolm wrote."

"After leaving the Nation of Islam, MalcolmX announced his willingness to work with leaders of the civil rights movement,[106] though he advocated some changes to their policies. He felt that calling the movement a struggle for civil rights would keep the issue within the United States, while changing the focus to human rights would make it an international concern. The movement could then bring its complaints before the United Nations, where MalcolmX said the emerging nations of the world would add their support."
Malcolm X - Wikipedia the free encyclopedia

"After leaving the Nation of Islam, MalcolmX announced his willingness to work with leaders of the civil rights movement,[106] though he advocated some changes to their policies. He felt that calling the movement a struggle for civil rights would keep the issue within the United States, while changing the focus to human rights would make it an international concern. The movement could then bring its complaints before the United Nations, where MalcolmX said the emerging nations of the world would add their support."
Malcolm X - Wikipedia the free encyclopedia
Ya know your thread is toast when most of the posts are to yourself.
Nice try, troll

Forum List

Back