Malaysia's Islamic authorities seize Bibles as Allah row deepens

Antares

A Rooincarnation
Nov 7, 2012
Omaha
Islamic authorities in Malaysia on Thursday seized 321 Bibles from a Christian group because they used the word Allah to refer to God, signaling growing intolerance that may inflame ethnic and religious tension in the Southeast Asian country.

The raid comes after a Malaysian court in October ruled that the Arabic word was exclusive to Muslims, most of whom are ethnic Malays, the largest ethnic group in the country alongside sizeable Christian, Hindu and Buddhist minorities.

Malaysia's Islamic authorities seize Bibles as Allah row deepens | Reuters

Oh those ever so silly, tolerant Muslims.

• Banned
The raid comes after a Malaysian court in October ruled that the Arabic word was exclusive to Muslims

Hmmmmm.

The Malaysian's need to consult with an arab Islamic scholar on this issue.

Because in the Middle East the arabic language Bible's used by arabic speaking Christians use the word "Allah" instead of the generic term 'God'. ... :cool:

"Allah (English pronunciation: /ˈælə/ or /ˈɑːlə/; Arabic: الله* Allāh, IPA: [ʔalˤˈlˤɑːh] ( listen)) is the Arabic word for God (literally 'the God', as the initial "Al-" is the definite article).[1][2][3] It is used mainly by Muslims to refer to God in Islam,[4] Arab Christians, and often, albeit not exclusively, by Bahá'ís, Arabic-speakers, Indonesian and Maltese Christians, and Mizrahi Jews."
Allah - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

(since quoting verbatim, apologies for writing out the Names.)

Because in the Middle East the arabic language Bible's used by arabic speaking Christians use the word "Allah" instead of the generic term 'God'. ... :cool:

I agree with your post above, but I just wanted to add something. I find it deeply ironic that the God of Abraham is the same God Christians, Jews, and Muslims worship. There is only one God but God, right?

Why can't we all recognize that fact and get along? (And that goes for all three religions btw).

As human beings we love to compartmentalize ourselves into groups. Never as pronounced as in religion. 'My reliigon is better than your religion' is all it is. Even if worshipping the same deity. Christianity is the extreme with literally thousands of different versions insisting their's is better than the others, or truer, or more original etc.

It's 'Muslim' Malaysia, what else could be expected?

Malaysia...another place not on my travel list.

Good point-----in the past 100 years the biggest problem with the
foreign policies of the civilized countries is--------lack of grasp regarding the
fact that in the minds of many muslims-----the GLORIOUS AGE OF ISLAMIC
CONQUEST is still ongoing It is not a uniquely islamic thing-----remember
way back circa 1960-----Kruschev screamed "WE WILL BURY YOU--YOUR
GRANDCHILDREN WILL GROW UP UNDER COMMUNISM" ??

I am old enough to actually remember----but then I remember being three
years old too. ---more recently ACHMADINEJAD announced in a
speech before the UN -----"ISLAM IS THE RELIGION FOR THE WORLD"
same crap

I do not remember adolf abu ali screaming ----DEUTCHLAND UBER ALLES---
I am not that old-----but it was the ** same crap**

What makes "ARAB" islamic scholars superior to----uhm----so many lovely
Iranian islamic scholars-----and pakistani islamic scholars?------you like
the AL AZHAR APPROACH? how about USA islamic scholars ?
I have been told (and I did not even laugh) that islam rejects
"NATONALISM"-----it is "universal' ....lol

I agree with your post above, but I just wanted to add something. I find it deeply ironic that the God of Abraham is the same God Christians, Jews, and Muslims worship. There is only one God but God, right?

Why can't we all recognize that fact and get along? (And that goes for all three religions btw).

It would be nice, but,,,

It would be nice, but,,,

After your last post you want us to believe you agree with his sentiment? Lie much?

Forum List

Back