Making the new S&W 610 10mm accept 10mm magnum.

HereWeGoAgain

Diamond Member
Dec 15, 2010
Fuck Y'all I'm From Texas!
Since I cant leave a firearm stock I've been researching on ways to improve it.

Just found out I can have the cylinder bored to accept 10mm. magnum for a mere $100 bucks!!
If I was still machining I would do it myself since it's a simple matter of reaming the cylinder a bit deeper which is easy. The N frame will handle the higher pressure with no problem.
Also ordered the Wilson Combat spring kit that reduces the trigger pull for both double action and single to almost half. Firing through double action is the one thing I dislike about revolvers.
Going to either have the trigger action polished to make the action even smoother but haven't decided on buying the fixture and doing it myself or paying to have it done. The price is almost identical at around $140 bucks.
Since I dont see me purchasing another revolver having it done has its appeal....but then I know myself well enough to know saying I wont be buying another revolver down the road is highly questionable.

It'd be very cool to have a revolver that can shoot 10mm Magnum. 10.mm and 40. S&W.

1606510128020.png

OOOhhhh that'd be a cool gun!

Yeah it will!!
Looked into a replacement cylinder if things go bad but from what I've read it wont be an issue.
I can buy a new cylinder for a hundred bucks if I have to send it in for warranty work.
Of course I dont know if S&W can tell if it's a new cylinder but I really dont care since many people have done this mod without issue.
If It fucks up the gun I'm willing to take the risk just like I've done with other guns and my trucks.
If it voids my warranty so be it. Especially when I consider the Wifes last trip to the Grocery and the liquor store was about the same price as the pistol.....around a thousand bucks.
And I wont be shitting and pissing the money away in a weeks time.

Can't see anything going wrong. Simple enough to ream and polish. Sounds like a cool project.

Just turnover time sux, gotta forget it and eventually it returns. I had a HOWA 223 threaded by Tornado Tech, excellent job but took close to 8 months. I had Jim Pixley thread a 22 MK3 for me. 8 days from the time I shipped to had it back! YEah!

Can't see anything going wrong. Simple enough to ream and polish. Sounds like a cool project.

Just turnover time sux, gotta forget it and eventually it returns. I had a HOWA 223 threaded by Tornado Tech, excellent job but took close to 8 months. I had Jim Pixley thread a 22 MK3 for me. 8 days from the time I shipped to had it back! YEah!

If I was still machining I'd do it myself.
Found a shop here in Houston but they didnt seem too familiar with the process but said they could do it.
Plan on bringing it by his shop and hear what he has to say and get a quote. Plan on having them do a trigger job as well which they said was no problem.

Found this guy in PA that does it pretty regular and it looks like he does fantastic work. He'll ream,polish and bevel the cylinder for around a $100 bucks.
https://pinnaclehighperformance.com/

If I was still machining I'd do it myself.
Found a shop here in Houston but they didnt seem too familiar with the process but said they could do it.
Plan on bringing it by his shop and hear what he has to say and get a quote. Plan on having them do a trigger job as well which they said was no problem.

Found this guy in PA that does it pretty regular and it looks like he does fantastic work. He'll ream,polish and bevel the cylinder for around a $100 bucks.
https://pinnaclehighperformance.com/

That's pretty fair machining prices, consider setup and all. I'm sure any competent machinist can do it, not rocket science.

One thing to remember in all convertibles is that "end of the reamed chamber" Like shooting 38sp in a 357 gonna get fouling at the ring, pita to clean. But so what. Had 22/22m, 38/9mm/357 amd 45lc/45acp Rugers. Loved them.

Forum List

Back