Making our own cheesesteaks

Ringel05

Diamond Member
Aug 5, 2009
Duke City
We tried out Jersey Mike's cheesesteaks not long ago and they were good but at $18 for two that get's expensive fast.
So I picked up some Steak-umms, provolone, hoagie rolls, tomatoes and lettuce (the wife likes the latter two on hers).

Cooks up fast, you can add salt or not if you choose, onions and peppers if you choose, I like onions. Mine are better and and about a quarter of the price per sandwich.

We tried out Jersey Mike's cheesesteaks not long ago and they were good but at $18 for two that get's expensive fast.
So I picked up some Steak-umms, provolone, hoagie rolls, tomatoes and lettuce (the wife likes the latter two on hers).

Cooks up fast, you can add salt or not if you choose, onions and peppers if you choose, I like onions. Mine are better and and about a quarter of the price per sandwich.

Steakums can be expensive too. Might be cheaper if you ask someone in the meat department to cut some skirt steak really thin so you can chop them up as they cook.

Steakums can be expensive too. Might be cheaper if you ask someone in the meat department to cut some skirt steak really thin so you can chop them up as they cook.
Skirt or flank will work and I'm looking into it but Steak-umms aren't that expensive at Wally World, in fact they're often cheaper than skirt and flank though I'll keep my eyes open for sales on those and on ribeye which can get down to $5 a pound.

Don’t eat that shit. It’ll kill you.

Awesome!!! I'll order extra!!!

Hell yes! Please do!

Hell yes! Please do!
Just finished my pot pie, gotta have my smoke break now. Got tater chips for later......... :thup:

$18?

You could have got a cheese steak pizza for that!

Hell yes! Please do!
Just finished my pot pie, gotta have my smoke break now. Got tater chips for later......... :thup:
You should consider adding to your diet arsenic, lead, and mercury. Wonderful healthy affects when all three are combined in high doses.

Hell yes! Please do!
You should consider adding to your diet arsenic, lead, and mercury. Wonderful healthy affects when all three are combined in high doses.
Already doing that, feel amazing!!

$18?

From who? Scumino's? Pizza Slut?

$18?

I am sure there are many pizza places that offer this, but if you live in NY it will be $30!

$18?

I am sure there are many pizza places that offer this, but if you live in NY it will be $30!
You couldn't pay me enough to live in NY.......... Heck, I spent 35 years in Northern Virginia/DC, that was bad enough.

STEAK UMN!!!!
Awwwwww Hell Nah!!!
Ya gotta get a good ribeye,toss it in the freezer till it's semi frozen so it's easy to slice thin!!!! Then add some UMAMI powder,caramelized onions and a bit of olive oil and a splash of Worcestershire sauce. This should obviously be done in one pan.
Lay on the cheese of your choice on the pile and cover with a bowl or whatever ya got to melt the cheese then lay it on a toasted bun.
Of course you can add bell pepper if you're into that.

Skirt or flank will work and I'm looking into it but Steak-umms aren't that expensive at Wally World, in fact they're often cheaper than skirt and flank though I'll keep my eyes open for sales on those and on ribeye which can get down to $5 a pound.
Have them slice underbelly chuck. More fat so more flavor and $3-$3.50 or so.
~Ummz are the Spam of the red meat world

I like Spam...... :lol:

My mom said " we're having meatloaf" = uncan the Spam with the toy train key(included----I'm an old guy). She'd roll it 3-4 times in an iron skillet, grab a can of corn and it was on !
Thumb it up if you know the "train key" reference.

My mom said " we're having meatloaf" = uncan the Spam with the toy train key(included----I'm an old guy). She'd roll it 3-4 times in an iron skillet, grab a can of corn and it was on !

People who live in Hawaii LOVE SPAM. They say it is a cultural thing because during the war so many people were eating it and it just became a staple. They soak it in soy sauce and wrap it in some kind of leaf and eat the hell out of it. I bet Hormel says in business from Hawaii alone.

Last edited:

People who live in Hawaii LOVE SPAM. They say it is a cultural thing because during the war so many people were eating it and it just became a staple. They soak it in soy sauce and wrap it in some kind of leaf and eat they hell out of it. I bet Hormel says in business from Hawaii alone.
VERY true. It's probably $45 a can over there too.

Forum List

Back