Making our own cheesesteaks

The best way is just to have your butcher shave some rib eye steak and griddle it up on your Blackstone with onions and peppers. Mushrooms if you want. Salt, pepper and a dash of Worcestershire sauce.

Alton Brown says that an alternative to the rib eye is just to buy some deli roast beef and slice it up.

How about super tender non-hormone steak ultra thin sliced sautéd with challots and mushrooms topped with unpasteurized Compté aged 21 months and served on real French traditional baguette?
Superb!

Take an underbelly chuck and get the butcher to run it through a cuber a couple times. 20% or so fat so it tastes damn decent

We tried out Jersey Mike's cheesesteaks not long ago and they were good but at $18 for two that get's expensive fast.
So I picked up some Steak-umms, provolone, hoagie rolls, tomatoes and lettuce (the wife likes the latter two on hers).

Cooks up fast, you can add salt or not if you choose, onions and peppers if you choose, I like onions. Mine are better and and about a quarter of the price per sandwich.

$18?

You could have got a cheese steak pizza for that!
From who? Scumino's? Pizza Slut?

I am sure there are many pizza places that offer this, but if you live in NY it will be $30!
No it wouldn't unless you found some chi-chi place ready to fleece you.

New Topics

Forum List

Back