Makeup or no Makeup.... that is a good question

syrenn

Rookie
May 10, 2010
Makeup or no Makeup.... that is a good question.

I just saw this on the news. A study on makeup and how women are perceived. I am curious, what do you all think about it?

The research reveals that when viewers saw a female face for 250 milliseconds, women who wore color cosmetics rated more highly in the categories of attractiveness, competence, likability and trustworthiness. However, when participants were allowed to look at the faces for a longer period of time, while the ratings for competence and attractiveness stayed the same, the ratings for likability and trustworthiness changed based on specific makeup looks.

Study: Makeup Makes Women Appear More Competent – Do You Agree? - ABC News

I just saw this on the news. A study on makeup and how women are perceived. I am curious, what do you all think about it?

The research reveals that when viewers saw a female face for 250 milliseconds, women who wore color cosmetics rated more highly in the categories of attractiveness, competence, likability and trustworthiness. However, when participants were allowed to look at the faces for a longer period of time, while the ratings for competence and attractiveness stayed the same, the ratings for likability and trustworthiness changed based on specific makeup looks.

I never wear makeup.

• Banned

I never wear makeup.

I don't know about that...i have pics. :lol:

Well I think the answer is obvious....

dameedna460.jpg

What's worse is those Male wannabe Presidents,mainly Conservatives who dye their HAIR,its hard to take them seriously when you are confronded by an aging BLACK HAIRED "KEN" Barbie Doll.........they think they look YOUNGER!!!!!!!they merely look like SHIT.....I'm theliq....I kick ASS because I can and DO.:clap2::clap2::cool:

What's worse is those Male wannabe Presidents,mainly Conservatives who dye their HAIR,its hard to take them seriously when you are confronded by an aging BLACK HAIRED "KEN" Barbie Doll.........they think they look YOUNGER!!!!!!!they merely look like SHIT.....I'm theliq....I kick ASS because I can and DO.:clap2::clap2::cool:

First lady Michelle Obama today flatly denied speculation that the president dyes his hair.
Michelle Obama Denies President Obama Dyes His Hair - ABC News

On Wednesday, President Barack Obama sported two different shades of hair as he hosted Chinese president Hu Jintao in Washington. Making remarks with Hu and other leaders that morning, the Commander-in-Chief, 49, sported the cropped, greying 'do familiar to the country; the President's hair has quickly turned grey since he took the Oval Office two years ago.
PIC: Did President Obama Dye His Hair? - UsMagazine.com

Well this democrat president certainly dyes his hair. I just want to know why his wife lied about it?
Hypocrite much?

As a blond, I look pale and a bit sickly if I wear no makeup at all... Yet I cannot tolerate veranda and potions.... So, I stick to doing my eyes and lips. I find, too, that many people I encounter daily, especially hubby, prefers the madeup looks. Poofy hair is another thing... These seem to be signs of a woman 'taking care of herself' and yet the most moderate applications are most flattering.

I think of makeup in the way I think of making up... A little goes a long way and too much is clownish.

No makeup works for me.

Interestingly, I did a straw poll on my BBM about this. I had two pics. One of which was me being a grown up, make up and shit. The other was a pic of me hanging out on the beach - no make up and hair more than a tad windswept. Both shots were face shots only.

I asked two questions of the guys:

A. Which pic do you like best?

B. How old would you say I am by both pics?

Every single guy said they liked the beach pic best.

Slightly more worryingly.... they put my age at between 16-18 in that pic. LMAO. Pedophiles! All my friends are pedophiles!! LMAO.

Make up, judiciously applied, tends to make most women look sexier.

You can deny that makeup effects you if you choose, and it may even be true FOR YOU, but thousands of years of women wearing makeup to help them snag that man, refutes your protests.

Yep... It even isn't illogical to consider tattoed makeup... That is my newest consideration. To do or not to do... :confused:

Forum List

Back