Make The School Great Again!

I really hope you are able to stick closer to the truth in the future.

To deny that the teaching profession is held tightly in the grip of Liberalism, Incorporated, a diaphanous lie.

More:

"Anecdotes don't condemn an entire system"

Really????

"The California Federation of Teachers (CFT) passed a resolution at its most recent convention claiming that “the continued unjust incarceration of Mumia Abu-Jamal represents a threat to the civil rights of all people.” Thirty years ago, Abu-Jamal took away Philadelphia policeman Daniel Faulkner’s foremost civil right: his life. How obtuse of the CFT to disregard “the threat to the civil rights of all people” represented by someone capable of gunning down a man tasked with protecting the public.

The pantheon of leftist saints includes the Haymarket Square bombers, responsible for the deaths of eight Chicago cops, Joe Hill, murderer of former police officer John Morrison in Salt Lake City, Huey Newton, murderer of Oakland policeman John Frey, and Leonard Peltier, murderer of FBI agents Jack Coler and Ronald Williams. Notice a pattern?"
Teachers' Mumia Abu-Jamal Resolution Out of Sync Morally and Historically | Human Events

And...

Top Contributors, 2017-2018
(Move your cursor over the chart to see dollar amounts.)
Contributor Amount
American Federation of Teachers $7,821,347
National Education Assn $5,921,927
California School Employees Assn $49,671
Mea-Mft $10,830
Contributions to:
Democrats
blue.gif

Republicans
red.gif

Liberal Groups
blue_lt.gif

Conservative Groups
red_lt.gif

Teachers Unions | OpenSecrets

Unless you mean to show them how to lose arguments--in which case you're doing quite well.

Try not to appear such a dope in the future.....do your best.

Okay your continued ad hominems do not offend me but they're a huge time waster, and since my school year starts in a few weeks, I'm about to get busier and not willing to waste my time on really, really bad arguments. So if you keep it up, this will be the last time I respond to you in this thread.

You won't find me defending the teacher's unions--I can't stand them. I don't belong to mine.

"...so if you keep it up, this will be the last time I respond to you in this thread."

I've proven everything I posted...

a. homeschooled kids are far better educated than government school kids.

b. the teaching profession is simply a subsidiary of Liberalism, Inc.

Now....don't let the door hit ya' on the way out.

I know public school teachers that are anything but liberals. My problem with homeschooling is the lack of social interaction and challenges. School dances,

dealing with bullies, field trips, team sports, etc....I have no doubt kids can learn the academics before from a good homeschooler. I know this one woman,

have quite a few kids, she homeschools, and all the kids are very smart and all can play an instrument well. However, they're starved for social

interaction.

Home is a protected environment, public school is not. You'll never have 8 mini-black kids jump you out back of the gymnasium at home, at least I hope not.

:auiqs.jpg:

A big friend of mine that was on the football team saw what was going on and came and helped me out. I was going down!

To be fair most homeschooling families belong to many consortiums or other groups where the kids get plenty of social interaction. They also usually belong to youth sports groups, music groups, etc. In the early 90s when I first began teaching homeschoolers were much more isolated. I don't see that being so much a problem now.

With the advent of all these "online schools", the quality of homeschooling is going to go down. Homeschooling has always been a place for highly involved and motivated parents to educate their children, and that's PART of the reason they do so well. You needed to be motivated because you were your child's teacher--finding and building curriculum, delivering instruction. Now, with online schools, you don't need to do that. If you have a child say, 12 and older, you can leave your child alone all day long with an "online school". That is going to bring the quality and the stats down too.

Homeschoolers had better look out for that. But I don't care one way or the other if they do. See PoliticalChic's polemics and her calling me a "dunce" over and over on this thread because--well, I don't know why, presumably because I'm a public school teacher.

Oh, here's another aspect of homeschooling too: more and more parents are using "homeschooling" to hide abuse from school officials. See: the lesbian couple with all those children in CA who drove them off the cliff to their death. It's not a huge proportion, of course, but it's growing. The homeschoolers are handling this like they handle everything: by screeching about how wonderful homeschooling is to anyone who will listen. And even people who won't.

"Homeschoolers had better look out for that. But I don't care one way or the other if they do. See PoliticalChic's polemics and her calling me a "dunce" over and over on this thread because--well, I don't know why, presumably because I'm a public school teacher."

Au contraire.

Several of my friends are public school teachers, and far from dunces.

You are, because you refuse to accept these truths:
a. teacher's unions are joined at the hip to Democrats/Liberals
and
b. vast amounts of indoctrination for Leftism takes place in government school

I'm very concerned about your ability to read for comprehension.

Okay your continued ad hominems do not offend me but they're a huge time waster, and since my school year starts in a few weeks, I'm about to get busier and not willing to waste my time on really, really bad arguments. So if you keep it up, this will be the last time I respond to you in this thread.

You won't find me defending the teacher's unions--I can't stand them. I don't belong to mine.

"...so if you keep it up, this will be the last time I respond to you in this thread."

I know public school teachers that are anything but liberals. My problem with homeschooling is the lack of social interaction and challenges. School dances,

dealing with bullies, field trips, team sports, etc....I have no doubt kids can learn the academics before from a good homeschooler. I know this one woman,

have quite a few kids, she homeschools, and all the kids are very smart and all can play an instrument well. However, they're starved for social

interaction.

Home is a protected environment, public school is not. You'll never have 8 mini-black kids jump you out back of the gymnasium at home, at least I hope not.

A big friend of mine that was on the football team saw what was going on and came and helped me out. I was going down!

To be fair most homeschooling families belong to many consortiums or other groups where the kids get plenty of social interaction. They also usually belong to youth sports groups, music groups, etc. In the early 90s when I first began teaching homeschoolers were much more isolated. I don't see that being so much a problem now.

With the advent of all these "online schools", the quality of homeschooling is going to go down. Homeschooling has always been a place for highly involved and motivated parents to educate their children, and that's PART of the reason they do so well. You needed to be motivated because you were your child's teacher--finding and building curriculum, delivering instruction. Now, with online schools, you don't need to do that. If you have a child say, 12 and older, you can leave your child alone all day long with an "online school". That is going to bring the quality and the stats down too.

Homeschoolers had better look out for that. But I don't care one way or the other if they do. See PoliticalChic's polemics and her calling me a "dunce" over and over on this thread because--well, I don't know why, presumably because I'm a public school teacher.

Oh, here's another aspect of homeschooling too: more and more parents are using "homeschooling" to hide abuse from school officials. See: the lesbian couple with all those children in CA who drove them off the cliff to their death. It's not a huge proportion, of course, but it's growing. The homeschoolers are handling this like they handle everything: by screeching about how wonderful homeschooling is to anyone who will listen. And even people who won't.

"Homeschoolers had better look out for that. But I don't care one way or the other if they do. See PoliticalChic's polemics and her calling me a "dunce" over and over on this thread because--well, I don't know why, presumably because I'm a public school teacher."

Au contraire.

and

"...calling me a "dunce" over and over on this thread because--well, I don't know why, presumably because I'm a public school teacher."

Perhaps you'd like to rephrase that in light of my last post,

Or, simply admit that I am correct.

interaction.

Au contraire.

and

"...calling me a "dunce" over and over on this thread because--well, I don't know why, presumably because I'm a public school teacher."

Again with the abysmal reading comprehension.

interaction.

Au contraire.

and

Why can't you girls just kiss and make up? Err. out?

interaction.

Au contraire.

and

Please, find somewhere else to haunt, you dunce.

Au contraire.

and

I take no prisoners.

Au contraire.

and

I take no prisoners.

Well, so much for that. :dunno:

So far it's Sweet Sue in the lead.

And here we see the reason that Liberals should never be given any credence....you folks haven't an honest bone in your body.

As the rule goes,
Every argument from Democrats and Liberals is a misrepresentation, a fabrication, or a bald-faced lie.

How about you simply admit that I am correct in that....
and

I said it, I proved it, and you've proven to be a liar....er, Liberal.

There is a lot of truth in this sentiment:

"If we are unable to take back the schools, all is for naught."
Weeping For The Wolf Pack??

But.....what if we just put them out of business????

1. "Life, Liberty, and the Pursuit of Education: The Homeschooling Option
Liam Sigler - Life, Liberty, and the Pursuit of Education: The Homeschooling Option

2. Americans have lost faith in the public school system. Only 36 percent of U.S. parents have a “great deal” of support for public schools, according to a 2017 study by Gallup. But despite this dismal reality, more than 90 percent of American children remain enrolled in public schools.

3. ...however, a growing contingent of parents who are rejecting government schools and instead choosing to educate their own children at home.

4. Although homeschoolers only currently make up about 3.4 percent of the total student population, homeschooling is a shining example of what education freedom can deliver.
...homeschoolers fare much better than their public school counterparts. After examining a compilation of nationwide studies, Dr. Brian Ray of the National Home Education Research Institute revealed that, “The homeschooled have consistently scored in these studies, on average, at the 65th to 80th percentile on standardized academic achievement tests in the United States and Canada, compared to the public school average of the 50th percentile.”

Glenn-McCoy-cartoon-300x169.png

5. "
Third-Grade Teacher Has Students Write ‘Get Well’ Cards To Cop Killer Mumia Abu-Jamal
A third-grade teacher at a public school in New Jersey is under fire after she encouraged her students to write letters to notorious convicted cop killer Mumia Abu-Jamal, who recently fell ill in prison.

Marylin Zuniga teaches language arts and social studies at Forest Street School in Orange, N.J."
Third-Grade Teacher Has Students Write ‘Get Well’ Cards To Cop Killer Mumia Abu-Jamal

Education is no longer the mission of government schooling.
easiest way to improve education is to get rid of the Dept of education.

before it, ranked consistently in the top 5, since it, well, ya know

Liam Sigler - Life, Liberty, and the Pursuit of Education: The Homeschooling Option

2. Americans have lost faith in the public school system. Only 36 percent of U.S. parents have a “great deal” of support for public schools, according to a 2017 study by Gallup. But despite this dismal reality, more than 90 percent of American children remain enrolled in public schools.

3. ...however, a growing contingent of parents who are rejecting government schools and instead choosing to educate their own children at home.

4. Although homeschoolers only currently make up about 3.4 percent of the total student population, homeschooling is a shining example of what education freedom can deliver.
...homeschoolers fare much better than their public school counterparts. After examining a compilation of nationwide studies, Dr. Brian Ray of the National Home Education Research Institute revealed that, “The homeschooled have consistently scored in these studies, on average, at the 65th to 80th percentile on standardized academic achievement tests in the United States and Canada, compared to the public school average of the 50th percentile.”

5. "
A third-grade teacher at a public school in New Jersey is under fire after she encouraged her students to write letters to notorious convicted cop killer Mumia Abu-Jamal, who recently fell ill in prison.

Marylin Zuniga teaches language arts and social studies at Forest Street School in Orange, N.J."

Agreed about the Dept of Ed.

The more top-heavy the gov't entity, the more useless it is. The Dept of Ed is a great example of this.

5. "

I wish it were that easy, TT.

1. For sure, Jimmy Carter created that seat at the table for Liberalism, Incorporated.....but as you can see in the post you linked to, the teachers' unions have both doubled down on Leftist indoctrination, and taken control of the profession, nationwide.

2. Vouchers are another way out, as is homeschooling.

That would be a start.

So are we to assume that the period of greatness in public schools was the period before
the creation of the Department of Education? The same department of education that is headed by a Trump appointee

So are we to assume that the period of greatness in public schools was the period before
the creation of the Department of Education? The same department of education that is headed by a Trump appointee

For my part, I'm skeptical of the conservative propensity to look backward with rose-colored glasses on and the Progressive propensity to look forward with same. Some things in education have been great developments and some things have been huge steps backward. For example, from the education I rec'd in the elem classroom in the 70s, we have come a long way, thank God. But I suspect my teachers had a lot more autonomy than we do now (for as little as they did with it).

We know some things work, however. The teacher always has huge impacts on student learning.

Forum List

Back