"Make the Rich Panic"

We are talking about fair representation in taxation ... Fair would equate to the amount of taxes you pay as far as representation.

One person, one vote. That's fair.

If money isn't fairly distributed, people might vote to redistirbute it.

And here's the thing. you conservatards complain about how people are voting themselves benefits, when in fact, you are the ones who let the big corporations cheat them out of good jobs to start with.

If everyone had a good job paying a living wage, we just wouldnt' need that much government.

No connection. Voting and taxation are only remotely connected. "Fair, equal, and just representation" covers EVERYTHING our representative do. It includes all laws, foreign policy, spending, our military, and each and every piece of legislation. "Fair taxation" is a whole 'nother conversation. Voting should never be tied to wealth, taxes, or anything other than citizenship and age.

So you do think it is fair and equal for people who pay more taxes to have less of a say-so ... Yeah. good luck with that.

We are talking about fair representation in taxation ... Fair would equate to the amount of taxes you pay as far as representation.

One person, one vote. That's fair.

If money isn't fairly distributed, people might vote to redistirbute it.

And here's the thing. you conservatards complain about how people are voting themselves benefits, when in fact, you are the ones who let the big corporations cheat them out of good jobs to start with.

If everyone had a good job paying a living wage, we just wouldnt' need that much government.

Even by your explanation ... People voting to secure their own interests would be fair.
Fair by contribution would be rated to the contribution not the person.

I mean if you I and go into a partnership and I provide 85% of the capital to your 15% ... Would you still expect 50% of the profits?
Would that be fair and just?

I live in a Rust Belt City.

The mayors didn't send the jobs away, that is true.

But they have had 50 years to respond to the problem.

I live in Ohio. Close to Dayton. Which used to have a great many manufacturing jobs. Particularly in the automotive field. Of course with GM here in a big way, that opened up the opportunities for machine shops and foundries and all sorts of other manufacturing jobs that supported the auto industry. We also had NCR and Dayton Tire and Rubber and a huge printing industry.

ALL of those jobs are gone. There is no more GM presence in Dayton. Where DELCO was started. The machine tool industry is a shell of its former self etc etc,.

The mayors of Dayton did what they could. Which was mostly tax breaks. The UAW accepted a two tier wage arrangement to keep building S10 trucks here. Didn't work.

So what do you think Mayors of rust belt cities could have/should have done to keep those jobs in their cities?

As Mayor they cannot hold on to the old jobs.

What they can do is look for the next way to get jobs into their cities.

I live in Pittsburgh. It took the dems here quite a while to respond, but eventually managed to come up with some workable ideas, (healthcare,, convention center, downtown more residential).

You can shut down Walmart in a fucking week, just by no one shopping there, kind of FUCKING easy don't Ya think?

But you want BARGAINS crap products made by cheap labor, FUCK YOU liberals BLAMING cooperate greed...

When it really is you...

No connection. Voting and taxation are only remotely connected. "Fair, equal, and just representation" covers EVERYTHING our representative do. It includes all laws, foreign policy, spending, our military, and each and every piece of legislation. "Fair taxation" is a whole 'nother conversation. Voting should never be tied to wealth, taxes, or anything other than citizenship and age.

So you do think it is fair and equal for people who pay more taxes to have less of a say-so ... Yeah. good luck with that.

I do NOT believe that taxes should be a condition or requirement to vote. I believe that if one is of voting age, and a legal citizen, then they have the right to vote. In my opinion, taxes and voting are miles apart.

Lying fuck. Democrats did it. Baltimore and Detroit were all Democrat Model Cities starting in the late 60's. You fuckers destroyed every model city you touched

Yeah, the sending of manufacturing jobs by Republican Free Traders had nothing to do with that.

This is true.

On paper Free Trade makes a lot of sense.

But in practice it has NOT been working as expected over the last 30 years.

We ideologues on the Right have been slow to react to this reality.

We do have to "own this".

Thought it bears mentioning that the Left's position on Free Trade has swung from mild resistance to happy support over same time period.

The last serious dem I recall making any noise about this issue was Gephardt back in 1988.

No, they get ONE VOTE. That's what they get. Everyone gets one vote, and no one should spend millions trying to rig the game.

But that is neither fair nor just.

If I supply the ingredients, make the pie and bake it ... While you time it and tell me when to take it out of the oven ... It wouldn't be fair to expect half the pie.

Show us where Republican policy pushed jobs out of Detroit and Baltimore to China?
"Yet since Reagan went home, Democrats have won the popular vote in five of six presidential elections. The New Majority is history. The Reagan Democrats have departed. What happened?

"Answer: For a generation, when forced to choose between Middle America and corporate America, on NAFTA, most-favored nation for China, and free trade, the GOP establishment opted to go with the Fortune 500.

"In the GOP the corporate conservative rides up front; the social, cultural and patriotic conservatives in the back of the bus.

"Consider who has benefited most from Republican-backed globalization.

"Was it not corporate executives and transnational companies liberated from the land of their birth and the call of patriotism?"

GOP Support Of Immigration Globalization And Corporatism Why the Reagan Democrats Departed VDARE.COM

You can shut down Walmart in a fucking week, just by no one shopping there, kind of FUCKING easy don't Ya think?

But you want BARGAINS crap products made by cheap labor, FUCK YOU liberals BLAMING cooperate greed...

When it really is you...

I would happily pay a little more for an American made product if I could find one.

I work in manufacturing. Trust me, the corporations are the ones pushing this, not the consumer.

As Mayor they cannot hold on to the old jobs.

What they can do is look for the next way to get jobs into their cities.

I live in Pittsburgh. It took the dems here quite a while to respond, but eventually managed to come up with some workable ideas, (healthcare,, convention center, downtown more residential).

Yea, Dayton has tried to attract those types of business as well. Health care in particular.And Dayton has the largest employer in the state close by; WPAFB. Those hated "government" jobs.

However, there will never again be the numbers of good paying manufacturing jobs that provided a move up lifestyle for tens of thousands of people who lived in the Dayton area. Good jobs for people with a high school education. Good jobs that lasted from generation to generation. Those days are gone for Dayton and I would imagine Pittsburgh also. And there was nothing the Mayors could do about it. Even Mayor Mike Turner, who became the Repub Congressman from Dayton couldn't turn it around. So I don't think it is all on Democrat Mayors.

Democrats destroyed the schools, destroyed civil society, made the rich and middle class flee, then they blame it on Booooosh.

LOL
"Consider who has benefited most from Republican-backed globalization.

"Was it not corporate executives and transnational companies liberated from the land of their birth and the call of patriotism?

"Under the rules of globalization, U.S. corporations could, without penalty or opprobrium, shut their factories, lay off their U.S. workers, erect new plants in Asia, produce their goods there, and bring them back free of any tariff to sell to consumers and kill the U.S. companies that elected to stay loyal to the U.S.A.

"They then used the profits from abandoning America to raise executive salaries to seven and eight figures.

"And how did the Reagan Democrats make out?

"Real wages of U.S. workers have not risen for 40 years. One in three U.S. manufacturing jobs vanished between 2000 and 2010.The nation that used to produce 96 percent of all it consumed depends now on foreigners for the clothes and shoes we wear, the TV sets we watch, the radios we listen to, the computers we use, the cars we drive."

GOP Support Of Immigration Globalization And Corporatism Why the Reagan Democrats Departed VDARE.COM

You got two types of buyers at a Walmart. Some of them make so little money that they don't have much choice but to shop at the store with the cheapest goods which sometimes translates into the cheapest price.

And you have Republicans who have enough money to shop in a higher quality store but are so fucking cheap with their money that they have to buy the cheapest products that can find. Doesn't matter if the stuff is junk. As long as it's cheap and made in China.

Which group are you in bear?

Forum List

Back