Majority of Palestinians now oppose two-state solution, new poll finds

toomuchtime_

Gold Member
Dec 29, 2008
A clear majority of Palestinians in the West Bank and the Gaza Strip oppose a two-state solution to end their struggle with Israel, according to a poll released on Wednesday.

Sixty percent of those polled, including 55% in the West Bank and 68% in Gaza, reject permanently accepting Israel’s existence and instead suggest their leaders “work toward reclaiming all of historic Palestine, from the river to the sea.”

The survey, conducted throughout the Palestinian territories, was commissioned by the Washington Institute for Near East Policy and was conducted by a leading Palestinian pollster from June 15 to June 17.

The Washington Institute characterized the poll’s results as a sudden, hardline shift within the Palestinian community. It also presented the pragmatism revealed in the minutia of the survey: 80% of Palestinians would “definitely” or “probably” be in favor of greater job opportunities in Israel, and 70% of Gazans strongly favor Hamas maintaining its cease-fire with the IDF – despite generally favoring resistance.

The institute’s scholars concluded from the report that “US policy should seriously consider abandoning all hope for now of a permanent Israeli-Palestinian peace deal,” and instead should “focus on immediate steps to lower tensions” and on improving conditions on the ground.

In other words, there is no alternative to continuing the status quo.

A clear majority of Palestinians in the West Bank and the Gaza Strip oppose a two-state solution to end their struggle with Israel, according to a poll released on Wednesday.

Good! That is what put them in the shitter in the first place, cost them 90% of their land and keeps them in the shitter, their people dying left and right!

Stupid Arabs have no one but themselves to blame.

To be fair, any poll of Palestinians will say whatever Hamas and PLA wants it to say.

It's not exactly a free and open society.

Ashraf Jabari: 90% of Palestinians Want to Live Under Israeli Sovereignty

Ashraf Jabari of the prominent Jabari clan in Hebron speaks at the Knesset.

Last edited:
To be fair, any poll of Palestinians will say whatever Hamas and PLA wants it to say.

It's not exactly a free and open society.
lol I'm sure the pollsters were discrete about when and where they asked the questions. In the past, Bir Zeit University used to runs polls that contradicted the narrative the PA was touting, and they were forced to stop, but they never forced the pollsters to provide fake results. I think this poll was probably done professionally.

Notice that while majorities reject the existence of Israel and favor armed struggle, even larger majorities want to continue the ceasefire and get jobs in Israel. In other words, the want to talk tough but maintain the status quo but with even more interaction with Israel.

Sixty percent of those polled, including 55% in the West Bank and 68% in Gaza, reject permanently accepting Israel’s existence and instead suggest their leaders “work toward reclaiming all of historic Palestine, from the river to the sea.”

The survey, conducted throughout the Palestinian territories, was commissioned by the Washington Institute for Near East Policy and was conducted by a leading Palestinian pollster from June 15 to June 17.

The Washington Institute characterized the poll’s results as a sudden, hardline shift within the Palestinian community. It also presented the pragmatism revealed in the minutia of the survey: 80% of Palestinians would “definitely” or “probably” be in favor of greater job opportunities in Israel, and 70% of Gazans strongly favor Hamas maintaining its cease-fire with the IDF – despite generally favoring resistance.

The institute’s scholars concluded from the report that “US policy should seriously consider abandoning all hope for now of a permanent Israeli-Palestinian peace deal,” and instead should “focus on immediate steps to lower tensions” and on improving conditions on the ground.

OK, I knew that.

Let me correct the headline for the vast majority of users who know even less about this conflict than i do about cooking:

"Majority of Palestinians now oppose the creation of a temporary base that would be used to launch even more rockets on the jewish supremacist state"

OK, I knew that.
Of course you did. Apparently everyone but the House Democrats and the EU knows that and that's why the status quo remains the only viable solution to the conflict.

Let me correct the headline for the vast majority of users who know even less about this conflict than i do about cooking:

"Majority of Palestinians now oppose the creation of a temporary base that would be used to launch even more rockets on the jewish supremacist state"

The islamic terrorists have a job for you as Propaganda Minister,

Oh my! Get any on you?

This is Hollie conceding the point that the new palestinian "state" would be nothing but a rocket launching base:

We can look back in time 4 months or 400 years or even 1400 years and nothing about Islamism has changed.

The Islamic barbarians are Crusading and only force of arms will repel them.

Palestinians Massing At The Israeli Border

I'm glad to see Hollie agrees with me 100% despite calling me a propaganda minister:

A palestinian "state" far from ending the conflict would only lead to more conflict.

Only brute force, total war can end it.

This is Hollie conceding the point that the new palestinian "state" would be nothing but a rocket launching base:

We can look back in time 4 months or 400 years or even 1400 years and nothing about Islamism has changed.

Undeniably true as we saw a few years ago when Israel withdrew from Gaza.

really-you-dont-d4kq1j.jpg

You forgot to add:

HAMAS CHARTER

You're tenure as Islamic Terrorist Propaganda Minister is ended.

Originally posted by Hollie
You're tenure as Islamic Terrorist Propaganda Minister is ended.

I was fired from my job as Hamas' Propaganda Minister and was probably replaced by you, who just like me also believe a palestinian "state" would only provide the arabs with an excellent opportunity to shoot rockets upon Jerusalem and Tel Aviv from the higher ground of the hills of the West Bank.

Last edited:

@Jose

The possibility of a 2 state solution passed 10 years ago. There is no contiguous land left for a separate state.

Israel's foremost military historian Martin Van Cleveld says that Samaria provides NO protection militarily .. Its an excuse to take more land.

@Jose

The possibility of a 2 state solution passed 10 years ago. There is no contiguous land left for a separate state.

Israel's foremost military historian Martin Van Cleveld says that Samaria provides NO protection militarily .. Its an excuse to take more land.

Great! Does that mean the Palestinians will finally stop throwing tantrums and get down to the business of living peaceful, productive lives?

Great! Does that mean the Palestinians will finally stop throwing tantrums and get down to the business of living peaceful, productive lives?

I hope so, but some Israelis continue to provoke them with threats to the Al Aqsa .. I see where they are praying there now and the police don't stop them.

Forum List

Back