Majority of Canadians unwilling to let unvaccinated friend or family member into their home: poll

shockedcanadian

Diamond Member
Aug 6, 2012
In general, this is why Canada is NOT an ally of the U.S on the International stage. We simply don't share your values of liberty.

Our system is FAR more in line with the former East Germany. In fact, I'd argue we are very similar. Our population, all too willing to be "IMs" to help out the apparatuses.

I don't care ones vaccine status, especially if I was vaccinated. It defies logic and illustrates a lazy mind and a willingness to lie to myself about the reality of this virus.

With Christmas fast approaching, and family dinners and workplace parties, a majority of Canadians are unwilling to let an unvaccinated friend or family member into their home, according to new polling from Leger-ACS.

While the overwhelming majority of Canadians are vaccinated, with 75 per cent of the total population fully vaccinated, the poll says three-quarters of Canadians do know someone who’s unvaccinated.

Fifty-seven per cent say they wouldn’t invite an unvaccinated person into their home, a rate that’s highest in British Columbia at 70 per cent, and lowest in Atlantic Canada at 50 per cent. Fifty-five per cent of Ontarians and Quebecers wouldn’t do so, nor would 59 per cent of those in Saskatchewan and Manitoba and 58 per cent of Albertans.

English speakers (58 per cent) are more likely to say no to the unvaccinated than French speakers (54 per cent).

“The takeaway is that it’s going to be challenging for a lot of people when they’re interacting over the holidays,” said Jack Jedwab, president of the Association for Canadian Studies.

In general, this is why Canada is NOT an ally of the U.S on the International stage. We simply don't share your values of liberty.

Our system is FAR more in line with the former East Germany. In fact, I'd argue we are very similar. Our population, all too willing to be "IMs" to help out the apparatuses.

I don't care ones vaccine status, especially if I was vaccinated. It defies logic and illustrates a lazy mind and a willingness to lie to myself about the reality of this virus.

With Christmas fast approaching, and family dinners and workplace parties, a majority of Canadians are unwilling to let an unvaccinated friend or family member into their home, according to new polling from Leger-ACS.

While the overwhelming majority of Canadians are vaccinated, with 75 per cent of the total population fully vaccinated, the poll says three-quarters of Canadians do know someone who’s unvaccinated.

Fifty-seven per cent say they wouldn’t invite an unvaccinated person into their home, a rate that’s highest in British Columbia at 70 per cent, and lowest in Atlantic Canada at 50 per cent. Fifty-five per cent of Ontarians and Quebecers wouldn’t do so, nor would 59 per cent of those in Saskatchewan and Manitoba and 58 per cent of Albertans.

English speakers (58 per cent) are more likely to say no to the unvaccinated than French speakers (54 per cent).

“The takeaway is that it’s going to be challenging for a lot of people when they’re interacting over the holidays,” said Jack Jedwab, president of the Association for Canadian Studies.
That seems a sensible precaution. Why let crazy fucks infect your home ?

Smarter than the average American.

Why? We have half of the people each day who catch the virus and are vaccinated. It's not stopping the spread and may even be contributing to the spread due to people having their guard down. Our numbers in Ontario have been increasing for weeks, we are at 90% vaxxed ffs

If you are vaccinated, feel safe, but not immune. You can catch it from the vaccinated family member just as easily as an unvaccinated stranger. Being unvaccinated is the new easy target of discrimination in Canada. We all now understand how racism and homophobia victims feel.

For the record, as soon as I found out the vaccine wasn't immunity but rather simply a weakening of symptoms and potential harm, I knew we weren't out of this.

Last edited:
The vax is not 100% effective and nobody ever claimed it was. Why do you persist with this straw man ?

The vax is supposedly not effective at all in stopping the spread of corona. So why worry about unvaxxed people spreading it in your home if you are letting vaxxed people inside.

The vax is not 100% effective and nobody ever claimed it was. Why do you persist with this straw man ?

It isn't a straw man argument. It's why the vaxxed are still getting the virus, and yes, sometimes even dying from it. Why? They have a false sense of security. I noticed it IMMEDIATELY once the vaccine was readily available. Little old ladies walking right near me at the grocery store, not concerned if I had the virus or not. I could have coughed in her face and she would have laughed at her new found invulnerability powers.

When the vaccine came out I told my wife to get the vaccine asap. Simply put, she has health issues and she is more susceptible to it. I was interested in the vaccine until I learned it only lightened the symptoms and essentially gave the body a boost.

At this point my feeling is that the virus is going to be with us like many other viruses. Our best chance might be an over the counter pill that allows us to kill the virus once caught. Let us get our oxygen back, no more masks or social distancing and let's get legitimate and natural immunity with a pill as a backup if we catch symptoms.

Last edited:

You should care if they are vaccinated. I got a firsthand experience in this over the Thanksgiving holiday. And I saw how quickly this virus spreads among the unvaccinated. And how much of a punch this Delta variant packs. If you haven't had your booster and you're beyond six months of your last shot, you are most certainly vulnerable, not the to great extent the unvaccinated are. We spent barely 45 minutes in a well ventilated apartment with a tangential family member. It was a courtesy visit. Three days later, we get a text that this person tested positive. They were unvaccinated..by choice. I won't let an unvaccinated member into my house, nor will I spend any time around anyone who isn't vaccinated. I'm done with people like this. No matter if they are family or not.

This virus isn't a hoax. It's slowly strangling our healthcare system, which will take years to recover. We've had the key to ending or largely mitigating this pandemic in our hands for almost a year now.
This isn't about liberty, freedom, or a yellowed scrap of paper. It's about the public health good and doing the right thing so we can just all get on with our lives.

You should care if they are vaccinated. I got a firsthand experience in this over the Thanksgiving holiday. And I saw how quickly this virus spreads among the unvaccinated. And how much of a punch this Delta variant packs. If you haven't had your booster and you're beyond six months of your last shot, you are most certainly vulnerable, not the to great extent the unvaccinated are. We spent barely 45 minutes in a well ventilated apartment with a tangential family member. It was a courtesy visit. Three days later, we get a text that this person tested positive. They were unvaccinated..by choice. I won't let an unvaccinated member into my house, nor will I spend any time around anyone who isn't vaccinated. I'm done with people like this. No matter if they are family or not.

This virus isn't a hoax. It's slowly strangling our healthcare system, which will take years to recover. We've had the key to ending or largely mitigating this pandemic in our hands for almost a year now.
This isn't about liberty, freedom, or a yellowed scrap of paper. It's about the public health good and doing the right thing so we can just all get on with our lives.

This virus doesn't spread very quickly among anyone.

Even before the Trump Vaccines came out, it moved at a snail's pace through the population. Most respiratory bugs burn through a population quickly.

Maybe you haven't noticed but even 90-100% vaxxed locales (such as Ontario) continue to get a rise in numbers and problems.

I never said the virus was a hoax. The concern is that a "one size fits all" solution doesn't work. Once I learned that the vaccine didn't make one immune I was fairly confident that it wouldn't get us out of the woods. Now new variants are coming from everywhere.

This will not end until we accept that it will not end, stop stimatizing people for their health decisions and look for more logical long term solutions (i.e a pill, liquid contraption, whatever). Or, build a vaccine that works on a permanent basis!

Last edited:
This virus doesn't spread very quickly among anyone.

Even before the Trump Vaccines came out, it moved at a snail's pace through the population. Most respiratory bugs burn through a population quickly.
Bullshit. This virus latches on to the weak and the vulnerable...quickly. From this person, it went through and infected SIX people in their immediate family that they had contact with.....within a week. Rapid test and PCR test positive. Some of them, are not doing well. Honestly, I don't know what reality you card carrying members of Alt-Right Nation live in. I hope there are unicorns there. :)

The virus is for real. How fast it spreads is for real. What it can do to the human body is for real.

Bullshit. This virus latches on to the weak and the vulnerable...quickly. From this person, it went through and infected SIX people in their immediate family that they had contact with.....within a week. Rapid test and PCR test positive. Some of them, are not doing well. Honestly, I don't know what reality you card carrying members of Alt-Right Nation live in. I hope there are unicorns there. :)

The virus is for real. How fast it spreads is for real. What it can do to the human body is for real.

The question is, how many boosters is enough and for how long?

I haven't had a flu shot in 40 years, I've had a 24-48 hour flu twice in my life. I'm not into messing with my bodies equilibrium. That's my personal perspective.

Maybe you haven't noticed but even 90-100% vaxxed locales (such as Ontario) continue to get a rise in numbers and problems.

I never said the virus was a hoax. The concern is that a "one size fits all" solution doesn't work. Once I learned that the vaccine didn't make one immune I was fairly confident that it wouldn't get us out of the woods. Now new variants are coming from everywhere.

This will not end until we accept that it will not end, stop stimatizing people for their health decisions and look for more logical long term solutions (i.e a pill, liquid contraption, whatever).
Well, the latest data for the province of Ontario looks to be a 76% vaccination rate. I don't know of anywhere that's higher than this. Now, that's good, however, my first question would be in the major cities of the province. Do you have high infection rates there? Specifically among people that live in close quarters, some who may be vaccinated, most who are probably not.

If coronavirus is as "fast spreading" as you contend, why is this the slowest moving respiratory virus out there? Flus and colds burn right through populations, and before you know it everyone has either got the virus or been exposed and that is that. This corona is a permanent thing, and since Sleepy Joe is in charge, its his responsibility.

The question is, how many boosters is enough and for how long?

I haven't had a flu shot in 40 years, I've had a 24-48 hour flu twice in my life. I'm not into messing with my bodies equilibrium. That's my personal perspective.
That's unknown. Probably won't know that for another year. Maybe more. You may need a booster every 6-12 months. We'll see. This year was the first year I've ever gotten a flu shot. The difference is, this year, I didn't have to have a hard sell to take it. The last time I had the flu was when I was 17. Reagan was in his first term. But there's a big difference between a 24-48 hour bug that will not kill, maim, or otherwise injure the lion share of people it infects. This virus? Even showing mild symptoms, it literally takes your breath away. I never had that experience with the flu. Sore throat, runny nose, maybe a cough. But not lose the ability to take a full breath. Again, I've seen this happen. It's real.

Leave a paper plate of food outside on the door stoop. Wave at them from behind a window.

Forum List

Back