Mail ballots delivered by hand. I didn't know that was a thing, but they may decide the election in Arizona

Seymour Flops

Diamond Member
Nov 25, 2021
Texas
This is from MSN, not from Q-whatever.

But the race is hardly decided. Still outstanding are roughly 17,000 in-person Election Day votes, tens of thousands of more mail ballots,

Why in the world would in-person votes cast more than two days before the date/time of the story have not been counted?

and a critical mass of 290,000 mail ballots that were delivered in person on Election Day.

It’s that last batch that appears to have blindsided Maricopa County election officials, who only received roughly 170,000 such ballots in the last presidential election.

Why would they be "blindsided?" That's not even twice as many. It's 120K more of that particular subset of about 2.4 million votes cast. Those votes could not be slowing down the count, because they haven't even started counting them yet.

Handling so many mail ballots submitted on Election Day has thrown an element of chaos into the count, as mailed ballots typically take longer to process and tabulate.

Notice that change of word from the beginning of the sentence to the end of the sentence? Yes, "mailed" ballots take longer, but those 290K are not "mailed" ballots, they are ballots that were dropped off on election day. That kind of slippery wordsplay is what passes for journalistic excellence these days.

Early on Thursday, the campaigns had been expecting that Maricopa County would have tallied much of those 290,000 ballots by that evening. Later in the day, however, officials revealed the counting could stretch into next week.

They're stalling.

But why?

Why would Democrats selected by the Democratic Secretary of state to count the ballots in her own gubernatorial election be stalling the count? If they thought that the rest of the ballots would favor Hobbs, her people would be counting them at breakneck speed, with Katie cracking the proverbial whip.

I wonder why . . .

Both campaigns as well as Arizona political insiders on both sides of the aisle say those 290,000 ballots will likely determine the hotly-contested race between Hobbs, Arizona’s secretary of state, and Lake, a former local TV news anchor.

Republican and Democratic sources expect those votes to lean toward Lake, largely because former President Donald Trump won most of the in-person drop offs two years ago.
They also suspect that a substantial percentage of those voters this time around are Republicans who stayed on the absentee rolls after 2020 but who prefer to deliver their mail ballots in person on Election Day because they don’t trust mailing them in or leaving them in drop boxes.

There's my answer.

“We believe that the vast majority, a huge number of those mail-in ballots that were hand-delivered on Election Day will go our way,” Lake told Fox News on Thursday.

Of course Kari Lake would hope so, she is no more an impartial observer of this election than Katie Hobbs. But the left-center biased MSN does not challenge it in any way. No "experts say that is overly optimistic," no "echoing similar lies by Trump," or any of the other spin the media puts on political stories involving Trump or Trump-backed candidates whenever they can.

So why stall? Best case scenario is that Hobbs knows she's going down and wants time to prepare for a graceful exit. Based on past behavior, the more likely case is that they want the time to seek ways to queer the results, get cases into court, engineer power outages that allow them to cheat unseen, or find a way to stop the count before the dropped-off ballots put Lake over the top.

Last edited:

But the race is hardly decided. Still outstanding are roughly 17,000 in-person Election Day votes, tens of thousands of more mail ballots,

Why in the world would in-person votes cast more than two days before the date/time of the story have not been counted?

and a critical mass of 290,000 mail ballots that were delivered in person on Election Day.

It’s that last batch that appears to have blindsided Maricopa County election officials, who only received roughly 170,000 such ballots in the last presidential election.

Why would they be "blindsided?" That's not even twice as many. It's 120K more of that particular subset of about 2.4 million votes casts. Those votes could not be slowing down the count, because they haven't even started counting them yet.

Handling so many mail ballots submitted on Election Day has thrown an element of chaos into the count, as mailed ballots typically take longer to process and tabulate.

Notice that change of word from the beginning of the sentence to the end of the sentence? Yes, "mailed" ballots take longer, but those 290K are not "mailed" ballots, they are ballots that were dropped off on election day. That kind of slippery wordsplay is what passes for journalistic excellence these days.

Early on Thursday, the campaigns had been expecting that Maricopa County would have tallied much of those 290,000 ballots by that evening. Later in the day, however, officials revealed the counting could stretch into next week.

They're stalling.

But why?

Why would Democrats selected by the Democratic Secretary of state to count the ballots in her own gubernatorial election be stalling the count? If they thought that the rest of the ballots would favor Hobbs, her people would be counting them at breakneck speed, with Katie cracking the proverbial whip.

I wonder why . . .

Both campaigns as well as Arizona political insiders on both sides of the aisle say those 290,000 ballots will likely determine the hotly-contested race between Hobbs, Arizona’s secretary of state, and Lake, a former local TV news anchor.

Republican and Democratic sources expect those votes to lean toward Lake, largely because former President Donald Trump won most of the in-person drop offs two years ago.
They also suspect that a substantial percentage of those voters this time around are Republicans who stayed on the absentee rolls after 2020 but who prefer to deliver their mail ballots in person on Election Day because they don’t trust mailing them in or leaving them in drop boxes.

There's my answer.

“We believe that the vast majority, a huge number of those mail-in ballots that were hand-delivered on Election Day will go our way,” Lake told Fox News on Thursday.

Of course Kari Lake would hope so, she is no more an impartial observer of this election than Katie Hobbs. But the left-center biased MSN does not challenge it in any way. No "experts say that is overly optimistic," no "echoing similar lies by Trump," or any of the other spin the media puts on political stories involving Trump or Trump-backed candidates whenever they can.

So why stall? Best case scenario is that Hobbs knows she's going down and wants time to prepare for a graceful exit. Based on past behavior, the more likely case is that they want the time to seek ways to queer the results, get cases into court, engineer power outages that allow them to cheat unseen, or find a way to stop the count before the dropped-off ballots put Lake over the top.
Kelly just projected as winner in AZ.

Mail in ballots are nice, but some argue unconstitutional. I am iffy on them given the last few elections. Something isn't right when Biden or Fetterman get elected. Are people that damned stupid or is the system broken? Which is worse?

Mail in ballots are nice, but some argue unconstitutional. I am iffy on them given the last few elections. Something isn't right when Biden or Fetterman get elected. Are people that damned stupid or is the system broken? Which is worse?
Too much trust involved in allowing or using mail-in ballots for anyone but overseas military.

Too much opportunity for my vote not be counted, if the vote-counters don't like it. That's assuming it gets to the vote counters. I'm not handing over something as important as my vote to the local federal workers and their affirmative action supervisors at the post office.

They would spot me as a non-Democrat in a minute. I would come in at lunch hour or late after work, I don't have facial piercings, and I'm not a dude in a dress, so they'd just toss my ballot in the round file.

That's interersting given that the officials of Arizona are saying the results will take until next week.
Projections are projections. Wait until next week if you think it will change. I'm not from AZ, and don't really care. Just reporting what was on CNN and have been keeping a variety of online election sites up on my computer, so the link was right in front of me. Thought you might want to know.

Projections are projections. Wait until next week if you think it will change. I'm not from AZ, and don't really care. Just reporting what was on CNN and have been keeping a variety of online election sites up on my computer, so the link was right in front of me. Thought you might want to know.
Yes, I thank you for that. If I sounded snarky, that was not my intention. Any snark was at CNN, not you for posting what they said.

They are still considered “mail in ballots” because the person is dropping them off in the envelope that needs to be signed. That means it has to go through “signature verification” process.

Of course not much is stopping Hobbs and her Dem goon squad from simply losing many of these dropped off ballots, knowing they are mostly GOP votes.

Why would they be "blindsided?" That's not even twice as many. It's 120K more of that particular subset of about 2.4 million votes cast. Those votes could not be slowing down the count, because they haven't even started counting them yet.

They're stalling.

But why?

I wonder why . . .

There's my answer.

Or they could just be counting votes and making sure they get it right. LOL

If Masters loses you can directly blame Bitch McConnell who basically gave Masters no money while pissing away $9 million to prop up Murkowski in a race that a Republican was going to win anyway.

Last edited:
They are still considered “mail in ballots” because the person is dropping them off in the envelope that needs to be signed. That means it has to go through “signature verification” process.

Of course not much is stopping Hobbs and her Dem goon squad from simply losing many of these dropped off ballots, knowing they are mostly GOP votes.

And why is no one in court demanding Hobbs recuse herself as it is her opponent in the race?

FFS, the MSM would be all over this if it was reversed and Democrats would have multiple lawsuits already.

Lake said most of those votes that were dropped off on election day were from Republicans who distrusted the drop boxes AND the postal service. If she's correct, she's going to win, large ;)

Certainly no surprise.

Maybe this is what the stall is for. Give the Democratic operatives in the media time to call races for Democrats, before all those horrid drop off ballots get counted.
I understand, but it does not stop the votes being counted, and another site I have been keep up on the bar is The State of Arizona Elections site.
I just listened to the chairman of the Maricopa County Elections board (a Republican, by the way) saying counting will continue with him, the other three Republicans on the board, the Republican and Democrats watchers watching.

Forum List

Back