Maher - Obama not a “real black president”

Ragnar

<--- Pic is not me
Jan 23, 2010
Cincinnati, OH
Real Black President | Bill Maher | Video | Mediaite

If you thought Glenn Beck putting on an evil witch voice to imitate Malia Obama was offensive, this one is going to blow your socks off. Last night, Bill Maher lamented President Barack Obama’s “professorial” personality, noting with a hint of betrayal in his voice that he was expecting a “real black president”– you know, the kind that “lifts up his shirt so they can see the gun in his pants.”

No, that really is the entire joke, which you can watch below. After making a quip about former president George W. Bush making an unfortunate reappropriation of his famous Hurricane Katrina “heck of a job, Brownie” comment, Maher laments that Obama doesn’t bring a gun to BP meetings and “shoots somebody in the foot,” because that is what a “real black president” would do. He does not attribute this image of black people to racist Obama opponents, or do anything to clarify that this is not the way he believes black people should behave.

(video at the link)

Ah, Bill Maher, the only tiime this guy is really funny is when he drops the jokes and tries for some real political commentary.

People need to learn Maher is all about the shock value, and he doesn't really give a shit if he pisses someone off. I personally like the fact he doesn't care.

You gotta be kiddin' ME? He has shed a rascist coil...for another?

Bravo Mr. Maher...You never disappoint.:clap2:

:lol:
You should have heard what Wanda Sikes said about the Obama's.
And you guys say liberals have a double standard.

1. Even considering the racist past of the progressive/liberal movement, it would be very difficult to make a case that today&#8217;s liberals are racist. Times have changed for the movement: it has evolved into one that is not just supportive of racial minorities- but behaves as though being black is an achievement, and being black is preferred, exceptional, and surpassing.

a. The support, though, depends on racial essentialism: blacks must behave within the liberal expectations, express the accepted black point of view, or they are inauthentic, and not 'really' black.

b. How nicely Maher's comments fit: "I thought when we elected a black president, we were going to get a black president.&#8221; RealClearPolitics - Video - Maher: Obama Not Acting Like A "Real Black" President

Maher's comment strikes one as humorous, but only because the 'liberal racial test' is a well-known meme.

Last edited:

It's not about Obama, it's the implication that "real" black people are thugs that is messed up. CBS fired Imus for that exact kind of thing. Now, I could care less about either Imus or Maher and CBS and HBO can hire and fire whoever they like and choose their own standards.

The double standard comes in when those leaning left give one guy a pass and skewer another based on the individuals precieved politics. One side gets painted as racist and treated as medevil heritics while the other gets a pass. Dollars to dohnuts Maher still goes on ABC for the Sunday talk show roundtable and CNN with Wolf and other MSM outlets who seek his political opinions, not his "comedy".

It's not about Obama, it's the implication that "real" black people are thugs that is messed up. CBS fired Imus for that exact kind of thing. Now, I could care less about either Imus or Maher and CBS and HBO can hire and fire whoever they like and choose their own standards.

The double standard comes in when those leaning left give one guy a pass and skewer another based on the individuals precieved politics. One side gets painted as racist and treated as medevil heritics while the other gets a pass. Dollars to dohnuts Maher still goes on ABC for the Sunday talk show roundtable and CNN with Wolf and other MSM outlets who seek his political opinions, not his "comedy".

There is a double standard. For my part, I just never watch, read, or listen to the lefties who get a pass for their racism. The best way to hit them is in the wallet by lowering their audience, and hence marketability.

On the part ofConservatives? There is NO *Double Standard*. Conservatives more gravitate to the Words of Dr. King...RACE is never an issue. *Content of CHARACTER*, however is.

Learn it, Live it, KNOW IT.

I always said that when media pundits started to refer to Obama as "our first mixed race president" and demeaned his blackness then you would know they had turned against him.
And here it is.
Watch for more of the same.

There is a double standard. For my part, I just never watch, read, or listen to the lefties who get a pass for their racism. The best way to hit them is in the wallet by lowering their audience, and hence marketability.

Yeah, I agree.

Thank Al Gore for the internet. I only found this clip via a link from Hot Air and only knew that some MSM outlets use Maher (of all people) via the article in the OP and, I think, a fairly recent clip from Newsbusters of Bill Maher getting his a$$ handed to him by George Will on ABC's Sunday talk show. In any case, "Maher is just a comedian" anyway right? lol

I have only watched 5 minutes of one of his programs in my life, quickly realizing he is a nasty, vicious creep. He's irrelevant to my life.

Shunning is a quite useful social construct. :)

I have only watched 5 minutes of one of his programs in my life, quickly realizing he is a nasty, vicious creep. He's irrelevant to my life. Shunning is a quite useful social construct. :)

he was off my list as soon as he said that the 9/11 mass-murderers were "brave". Like killing unarmed women and children was honorable. The label "creep" seems to fit well.

On the part ofConservatives? There is NO *Double Standard*. Conservatives more gravitate to the Words of Dr. King...RACE is never an issue. *Content of CHARACTER*, however is.

Learn it, Live it, KNOW IT.
What are the various racist/ nonracist positions?

a. According to the left, any claim of race neutrality, ‘color blindness,’ the conservative position, is, in fact, racist, since it doesn’t give favored groups their due, and relegates these groups to the struggle as in ‘survival of the fittest.’ And this is not fair for the reasons that Lyndon Johnson spoke of as follows: “You do not take a person who, for years has been hobbled by chains, liberate him, bring him up to the starting line of a race, and say ‘you are free to compete with all the others.’…”

b. Does it not seem fair to question the time frame beween the liberation and the race in which all are engaged? Not according to the liberal perspective.

c. Thus there is the racism of the left, which seeks to use the state to help favored minorities.

Its funny to see how they still think that some groups are "more equal than others". Maybe mixed-race folks are okay, and only pure race non-whites should get welfare, since they can't compete? Maybe they should be neutered before they get government hand-outs since they can't compete.

Why don't we call mixed-race mixed-race anyway??? I don't get why Obama is "black" when his mom was white???

Its funny to see how they still think that some groups are "more equal than others". Maybe mixed-race folks are okay, and only pure race non-whites should get welfare, since they can't compete? Maybe they should be neutered before they get government hand-outs since they can't compete.

Why don't we call mixed-race mixed-race anyway??? I don't get why Obama is "black" when his mom was white???

This country becomes more and more 'mixed race.'
I seem to recall that 14% of those reporting in the last census claimed this category...and the percentage will probably be higher in this census.

A dismal side effect of raising some groups is diminishing other groups- and even characteristics of the groups.

‘Whiteness’ becomes a pejorative, and even individualism, and logic itself.

a. Seattle Public Schools website: “Cultural Racism:
Those aspects of society that overtly and covertly attribute value and normality to white people and Whiteness, and devalue, stereotype, and label people of color as “other”, different, less than, or render them invisible. Examples of these norms include defining white skin tones as nude or flesh colored, having a future time orientation, emphasizing individualism as opposed to a more collective ideology, defining one form of English as standard, and identifying only Whites as great writers or composers” . Seattle Public Schools*|*Definitions of Race

b. From the same source: “According to the district's official Web site, "having a future time orientation" (academese for having long-term goals) is among the "aspects of society that overtly and covertly attribute value and normality to white people and Whiteness, and devalue, stereotype and label people of color." Planning ahead is considered racist?

c. Dinesh D'Souza's "The End of Racism": The famed liberal social scientist Andrew Hacker argues that blacks fail academically because "historically white" colleges "are white… in logic and learning, in their conceptions of scholarly knowledge and demeanor."

d. Afrocentricity is a term coined by Temple University professor Molefi Asante. Asante believes the educational system in the U.S. promotes white supremacy because it focuses primarily on the achievement of white men in American history and examines and reveres only the contributions of white Europeans over the centuries. Molefi Asante On Afrocentricity

People need to learn Maher is all about the shock value, and he doesn't really give a shit if he pisses someone off. I personally like the fact he doesn't care.

you forgot to add the fact that he hates all things conservative.....why else would you give him a pass.

Any racial comment from any commentator on the right would have drawn a vicious scowl and verbal attack I'm sure.

Last edited:

New Topics

Forum List

Back