Mafia Discussion Thread: Keep Your Torches and Pitchforks at Home!

Wake

Easygoing Conservative
Jun 11, 2013
Hey guys, here's a thread for talking about anything Mafia related. :D

I got some experience in Mafia, so please ask any questions about Mafia here, too.

I'm not liking the latest turn of events. I remember reading we had until the 16th, and now I see Wake coming in and killing off BF, even after Avatar tried to change her vote.

The integrity of the game is for shit.

Uh, Mani, it only took 5/8 votes to lynch during Day 3. 5/8 is a majority decision. Not only were 5 votes met, but an overkill 6th vote was cast, too.

As soon as the hammer vote is cast—the last vote that dooms that player that Day—the decision is final and can't be taken back.

Sorry about the confusion. I should have explained that part of the game better. My apologies.

Last edited:
Next game, what do you guys think of playing with a Serial Killer role? :badgrin:

I'm not liking the latest turn of events. I remember reading we had until the 16th, and now I see Wake coming in and killing off BF, even after Avatar tried to change her vote.

Quit whining!

No Vote (1): Blackflag,

Blackflag (5): mebelle, R.D., Mertex, dblack, Shaitra
Manifold (1): Avatar4321

Even with the changes, Blackflag is still off the island.

I agree. If there is a deadline then the game should continue until the deadline. The convicted deserves that time to argue his/her case

Usually with Mafia, there's a basic flow to it.

Day 1 everyone starts casting votes, to get the ball rolling. During the Day phases only your voice and your vote counts.

After a majority vote is cast, it ends the process, and the Day actually ends. The deadline acts as another buffer to give you guys enough time to reach a decision to end the Day. You're also given the chance to have a "No-Lynch," where a majority decides to not kill someone. This is usually a bad thing, though, because you need information to start whittling down who's who.

A Day is typically 1 to 3 weeks depending on how big the party is. If a majority vote is reached in, say, 3 days, it would drive people (including me) nuts waiting for the deadline to expire in order to end the Day. Lynching always ends the Day, but a deadline gives you all enough time to come together and play the game.

It's always in Scum's best interests to divide you, and pit you against one another so you kill each other off in frenzied paranoia. When I started playing I'd get drawn into that kind of paranoia, and it's very potent. Scum will also do their best to sound all innocent and sweet and reasonable, too, because they want you Townies to break your own necks, so you can do Scum's job of killing you all off. ;-)

Always search through post histories, to find discrepancies in a player's behavior. "Why did she suddenly turn on a dime?," "Is he hiding something?," "Why's she now trying to lynch her past ally?," "Why's he buddying up to me?" The game's all psychological, and it takes a very discerning mind to be able to catch Scum. Try to put him or her through the paces, and see if you can trip a player up in his/her lies. The skills you use in debating politics are the skills you use to play this game. :badgrin::D

Last edited:
Have some cousins by marriage who are Sicilian by birth and associates of da mob.

It hasn't woken wake up.

Sorry, I had to do that.

:redface:

I'm planning on starting a Signup thread for the next game.

What I'm wondering is if you'd like to give it a theme. If you do, I'll work my magic and make it work. :D

Is anyone down for the next one? :eusa_clap:

New Topics

Forum List

Back