Made a modification to my 38 Hloster I would like to share

JimBowie1958

Old Fogey
Sep 25, 2011
I have been testing this for a few months, and it works really nice.

It stays in place fairly well and you can either position it for open carry or concealed carry by rotating the gun in your pocket.

I have been testing this for a few months, and it works really nice.

It stays in place fairly well and you can either position it for open carry or concealed carry by rotating the gun in your pocket.

Nice modification, but pocket carry itself is worrisome, especially with floppy clothes. Try to avoid getting hung up or shooting your self in the leg, although that is a small profile weapon, so maybe with hands your size, not a problem?. I carry outside the pants (an automatic), my biggest problem is it remaining concealed in the summertime, to avoid scaring the straights.

I carry outside the pants (an automatic), my biggest problem is it remaining concealed in the summertime, to avoid scaring the straights.
Is that because America is too scary a place to go grocery shopping unless one is wearing a sidearm?

iu

Last edited:
I carry outside the pants (an automatic), my biggest problem is it remaining concealed in the summertime, to avoid scaring the straights.
Is that because America is too scary a place to go grocery shopping unless one is wearing a sidearm?

iu
just remember the guy carrying next to you might be a good guy or a bad guy

iu
just remember the guy carrying next to you might be a good guy or a bad guy
Well, I'm a GOOD GUY!

lol
Yeah, me to. But, there are a lot of people who have an unreasonable of people that are armed, so I keep concealed. The lady in you posted picture would not bother me a bit, nor would it if it were a man. (nice pistol she has, by the way). I am not comfortable with people walking around with rifles or shotguns, unless I am hunting. Surprised open carry of long guns ok in Texas. Probably most of those Texans are ok also, but I am not a fan of open carry long guns. In a city or especially outside a shopping center, I would rather be able to assume anyone walking around with with a magazine in the weapon on their back and full looking ammo pouches on the LBE is probably not one of the good guys. Overly paranoid? Maybe. Not sure.

The greatest country in the world, where one must wear a sidearm for one's safety!

The greatest country in the world, where one must wear a sidearm for one's safety!
We all know Oz is the GREATEST but the US runs a close second. Kiwiland is a distant smear on the map IF it's on there at all. But you do love the Mongrel Mob so you being a nazi is a given.

Greg

We all know Oz is the GREATEST but the US runs a close second. Kiwiland is a distant smear on the map IF it's on there at all. But you do love the Mongrel Mob so you being a nazi is a given.
Well it is nice we can all live in the country of our choice, for the most part.

I know that the feeling of security most people have in 'civilization' is an illusion. No one is ever free from potential threats or violence.

It is just a fact. You can be sitting in a restaurant and some idiot comes out of a bathroom and shoots you, or takes a steak knife and slashes your throat.

But you felt safe prior to that?

Welcome to Reality when you get over it.

Well it is nice we can all live in the country of our choice, for the most part.

I know that the feeling of security most people have in 'civilization' is an illusion. No one is ever free from potential threats or violence.

It is just a fact. You can be sitting in a restaurant and some idiot comes out of a bathroom and shoots you, or takes a steak knife and slashes your throat.

Huh? I piss on the Kiwi idiot who is pissing on the US and I'm somehow not aware of reality? OK; so his comment about being a second rate dump ("one must wear a firearm for one's safety".........) gets a pass from you? I don't think so. btw: the "Mongrel Mob" who are just ordinary Kiwis according to CNM are actually a neo-Nazi criminal gang. Just sayin'.

Greg

Huh? I piss on the Kiwi idiot who is pissing on the US and I'm somehow not aware of reality? OK; so his comment about being a second rate dump ("one must wear a firearm for one's safety".........) gets a pass from you? I don't think so. btw: the "Mongrel Mob" who are just ordinary Kiwis according to CNM are actually a neo-Nazi criminal gang. Just sayin'.
Greg
Sorry, I meant 'you' in the generic sense, as a synonym for 'one' or 'a person'.

I should have been more clear.

Forum List

Back