Madalyn Murray O'Hair:

Goes to show...don't cross the Christian Right. :eusa_whistle:

Ignorant shit

Ultimately, a murder investigation focused on David Roland Waters, who had worked as a typesetter for American Atheists. Not only did Waters have previous convictions for violent crimes, there were several suspicious burglaries during his tenure, and he pleaded guilty earlier in 1995 to stealing $54,000 from American Atheists.[22] In the wake of his mother's disappearance, William Murray publicly stated that his mother had a tendency to hire violent criminals because "She got a sense of power out of having men in her employ who had taken human life." [23]
Shortly after his theft of the $54,000 was discovered, O'Hair had written a scathing article in the 'Members Only' section of the American Atheists newsletter exposing Waters, the theft and Waters' previous crimes,[9] including a 1977 incident in which Waters allegedly beat and urinated upon his mother.[22] Waters' girlfriend later testified that he was enraged by O'Hair's article, and that he fantasized about torturing her in gruesome ways.[22]
Police concluded that Waters and his accomplices had kidnapped all three O'Hairs, forced them to withdraw the missing funds, went on several huge shopping sprees with the O'Hairs' money and credit cards, and then murdered all three people. Danny Fry, an accomplice, was murdered a few days after the O'Hairs; his body was found on a riverbed with its head and hands severed and missing, but his remains were unidentified for three and a half years. Waters eventually pleaded guilty to reduced charges.
In January 2001, Waters informed the police that the O'Hairs were buried on a Texas ranch, and he subsequently led them to the bodies.[9][18] When the police excavated there, they discovered that the O'Hairs' bodies had been cut into dozens of pieces with a saw. The remains exhibited such extensive mutilation and successive decomposition that identification had to be made through dental records, by DNA testing and, in Madalyn O'Hair's case, by the serial number of her prosthetic hip.[24]. The head and hands of Fry were also found at the site.

Goes to show...don't cross the Christian Right. :eusa_whistle:

Ignorant shit

Ultimately, a murder investigation focused on David Roland Waters, who had worked as a typesetter for American Atheists. Not only did Waters have previous convictions for violent crimes, there were several suspicious burglaries during his tenure, and he pleaded guilty earlier in 1995 to stealing $54,000 from American Atheists.[22] In the wake of his mother's disappearance, William Murray publicly stated that his mother had a tendency to hire violent criminals because "She got a sense of power out of having men in her employ who had taken human life." [23]
Shortly after his theft of the $54,000 was discovered, O'Hair had written a scathing article in the 'Members Only' section of the American Atheists newsletter exposing Waters, the theft and Waters' previous crimes,[9] including a 1977 incident in which Waters allegedly beat and urinated upon his mother.[22] Waters' girlfriend later testified that he was enraged by O'Hair's article, and that he fantasized about torturing her in gruesome ways.[22]
Police concluded that Waters and his accomplices had kidnapped all three O'Hairs, forced them to withdraw the missing funds, went on several huge shopping sprees with the O'Hairs' money and credit cards, and then murdered all three people. Danny Fry, an accomplice, was murdered a few days after the O'Hairs; his body was found on a riverbed with its head and hands severed and missing, but his remains were unidentified for three and a half years. Waters eventually pleaded guilty to reduced charges.
In January 2001, Waters informed the police that the O'Hairs were buried on a Texas ranch, and he subsequently led them to the bodies.[9][18] When the police excavated there, they discovered that the O'Hairs' bodies had been cut into dozens of pieces with a saw. The remains exhibited such extensive mutilation and successive decomposition that identification had to be made through dental records, by DNA testing and, in Madalyn O'Hair's case, by the serial number of her prosthetic hip.[24]. The head and hands of Fry were also found at the site.

Wow..that almost sounds plausible. ;)

They say you die by the way you live then her death fit her life.

Madalyn a great American

Got the religious nuts off our backs and out of our schools

She got what she deserved. She spread hate for decades. What goes around ...

i am always amused when people talk about spreading hate but do not think of the hate christians spread.

and why are you saying she spread "hate"?

please define "hate" and tell me how she spread it?

again this woman attacked only ideas.....

She got what she deserved. She spread hate for decades. What goes around ...

i am always amused when people talk about spreading hate but do not think of the hate christians spread.

and why are you saying she spread "hate"?

please define "hate" and tell me how she spread it?

again this woman attacked only ideas.....

No, she attacked a religion, and she attacked the institution and her message was hate. I have no problem with atheists. I have no problem with you. I DO have a problem with hatemongers and I'm as quick to attack Christian hatemongers as I am any other.

Your comment is based on the presumption that if I'm not with her, I'm against her. I'm not against her beliefs. I'm against her ranting and raving and hatemongering.

You, she, and everyone else can believe whatever you want.

She had her own damned religion going -- hating other religions. After all, what IS a religion but a belief? You don't have to be a Christian, Jew, Muslim, or whatever to have a religion. The religion of NOT believing is as real as the religion of believing. I'm always amused by the people who refuse to understand that simple fact.

Pot calling kettle black?

Forum List

Back