Macron: Europe needs its own sovereignty in defence, even with new U.S. government

It is not about what I like or dislike. It is about how the things work in our world. 'Big' countries are almost always rivalries with their spheres of influence. And I definitely dont want to live in the spheres of China or Russia.

I had no problem to be a Russian or Chinese. Wonderful rich cultures - what doesn't mean "Russia" and "China" would be happy, if I would live there. But my question was another question: Why do you not send the soldiers of your own country to Russia and China and kill "them", whoever they are, so you are able to feel safe? Why do you think the USA should do so? Or whatelse do you understand, when you say the USA should confront the Russian and the Chinese empire? What about, if the USA would decide to conquer your country and to destroy there all good goods, which are made in China or made with the direct or indirect help of China? Would this be the right act, how the USA should confront China, because you love, that this will happen?
I dont want anyone to send troops for fighting (though, I am in favor of the military development as a mean of deterrence). The Cold War was won by the West not by military means.

If I should choose to side with Russia or China or the US, I will choose the US, without a doubt.

And what do you think will the USA say to your choice? "Sure I like to marry you?" Or will the say: "Do not think about, what the USA is able to do for you - think about what you are able to do for the USA!"?
I think something like the latter will be the case.

Did you, Krauts,

Do you know that always when an US-American is using this expression, then this is only showing the very deep problems of the mentality of the US-people?

read the answer of the German "Government" on the request of your Parliament?

Do you still believe, that those clowns can make a new "Aktion Konserve" even for their own unassuming audience?

Whatever someone from the AfD - a political pseudo-party full of Nazis and useful idiots of Nazis - "asks" the German government is totally unimportant for me.
It is not about what the opposition asked. It's about how the government answered. "We don't know" and "We are not sure" - are not very inspiring statements, aren't they?

I don't know what's your problem and I'm not sure whether any form of "inspiring statement" makes any sense in discussions with enemies of the German constitution.
I say, that you can't fight Russians because your current "government" can't make even simple provocation.

When we will provoke Russia, then "you" will find a Russian kind of nuke in your garden, giving you some cyrillic information.
No. If you will provoke Russia without clear and direct American order

Orders from the USA are totally unimportant for me.
Ha! Do you really want to untune that string?

How it was said?
--------------------------
Take but degree away, untune that string,
And, hark, what discord follows! each thing meets
In mere oppugnancy: the bounded waters
Should lift their bosoms higher than the shores
And make a sop of all this solid globe:
Strength should be lord of imbecility,
And the rude son should strike his father dead:
Force should be right; or rather, right and wrong,
Between whose endless jar justice resides,
Should lose their names, and so should justice too.
Then every thing includes itself in power,
Power into will, will into appetite;
And appetite, an universal wolf,
So doubly seconded with will and power,
Must make perforce an universal prey,
And last eat up himself.
------------------

This text makes no sense - what is the original language?
It's English. "Troiles and Cressida". You should read Shakespeare if you want to improve your language skills.

Shakespeare? ... I should understand what Shakespeare said easily ... Hmm - indeed: "The Historie of Troylus and Cresseida", Drama from William Shakespeare. Never heard about. I will read it in German this Christmas tide, if a translation exists.

That's why nobody will allow you to become really independent. You just can not control yourself.

What a nonsense. People, who can not control themselve get serios problems in all cultures around the world. We call them normally "criminals".
Yes. You are criminals. ...

End of discussion, Russian.

Last edited:
It is not about what I like or dislike. It is about how the things work in our world. 'Big' countries are almost always rivalries with their spheres of influence. And I definitely dont want to live in the spheres of China or Russia.

I had no problem to be a Russian or Chinese. Wonderful rich cultures - what doesn't mean "Russia" and "China" would be happy, if I would live there. But my question was another question: Why do you not send the soldiers of your own country to Russia and China and kill "them", whoever they are, so you are able to feel safe? Why do you think the USA should do so? Or whatelse do you understand, when you say the USA should confront the Russian and the Chinese empire? What about, if the USA would decide to conquer your country and to destroy there all good goods, which are made in China or made with the direct or indirect help of China? Would this be the right act, how the USA should confront China, because you love, that this will happen?
I dont want anyone to send troops for fighting (though, I am in favor of the military development as a mean of deterrence). The Cold War was won by the West not by military means.

If I should choose to side with Russia or China or the US, I will choose the US, without a doubt.

And what do you think will the USA say to your choice? "Sure I like to marry you?" Or will the say: "Do not think about, what the USA is able to do for you - think about what you are able to do for the USA!"?

Now you slowly seem to understand what you try to speak about.

... That's your problem. You don't think about real persons and real things. You think only about your own fantasies.

Only to make this clear: Dracula is nothing else than a fantasy story from the year 1897, which shows the genius of the Irish author Bram Stoker - and has nearly nothing to do with the Woiwode (warlord) Vlad III. from Schäßburg (German) or Sighișoara (Romanian), who got the surename "Drăculea" (son of the dragon (="son of the devil")). Count Dracula is as less real as the Bohemian sea, which was born from Shakespeare with the sentence: „Bohemia. A desert country near the sea.“.

And you should not confuse reality with the ideas of tourism agencies. In the 19th century for example we invented the chastity belt and the iron maiden and built a middle age torture chamber, which never had existed before in history, for tourists - specially for the Brits, who loved such stories very much.

Last edited:
  • Thanks
Reactions: xyz

Actually, it was understandable what you are trying to imply from the very beginning.

Actually, it was understandable what you are trying to imply from the very beginning.

Why do you speak with other human beings?

Last edited:

What a weird question. Specify what you want to ask about.

What a weird question. Specify what you want to ask about.

Bye bye.

Last edited:
ESay - what means "funny" now? As far as I can see we speak here about the survival of all mankind.
Funny is how you take part in discussion.

Give me a very concrete example what you speak about now.

Wenn nicht mehr Zahlen und Figuren

Sind Schlüssel aller Kreaturen
Wenn die, so singen oder küssen,
Mehr als die Tiefgelehrten wissen,
Wenn sich die Welt ins freye Leben
Und in die Welt wird zurück begeben,
Wenn dann sich wieder Licht und Schatten
Zu ächter Klarheit werden gatten,
Und man in Mährchen und Gedichten
Erkennt die wahren Weltgeschichten,
Dann fliegt vor Einem geheimen Wort
Das ganze verkehrte Wesen fort.

Novalis (=Georg Friedrich Philipp Freiherr von Hardenberg)

Last edited:
ESay - what means "funny" now? As far as I can see we speak here about the survival of all mankind.

Forget it. Have a nice weekend.

Forget it. Have a nice weekend.

Same to you.

Last edited:
What do folks think about European efforts to forge an identity and a “great power” role independent of the U.S.? The articles below discuss continuing French and German discussions (and disagreements) about the need for a separate “EU Army” distinct from NATO, and efforts to build up a separate EU arms industry. Trump’s efforts to get Europe to pay more “for defending itself,” and trade disputes with Europe under his administration, have paradoxically led to talk of developing a more sovereign role in the world. Of course Europe has many internal conflicts. Personally I think Brexit will ultimately strengthen French-German-led European unity.

Has the EU’s “soft power” or independent thinking in trade or its sense of distinctness grown in the last 4 years — despite Brexit, Covid-19 and immigration problems? Will a Biden presidency repair trans-Atlantic unity or has permanent damage occurred? Is this all a fake effort of Macron (and Angela Merkel) to boost their popularity at home? Do NATO & the CIA and financial ties doom Europe to remain tied as a caboose to the American train? Are there really still strong common interests that bind Europe to the U.S. — or will Europe in future find it has more interests in separately negotiating with Russia and China?

PARIS (Reuters) - Europe still needs its own independent and sovereign defence strategy, even if it is dealing with a new U.S. government which may result in friendlier ties, French President Emmanuel Macron told the “Revue Grand Continent” publication.

In an interview with the publication, Macron rebuffed comments from German Defence Minister Annegret Kramp-Karrenbauer to Politico on Nov. 2, in which the German minister said Europe would have to remain dependent on U.S. military protection for the near future.

“I am in complete disagreement with the opinion article published in Politico by the German defence minister,” said Macron, adding he believed German Chancellor Angela Merkel shared his position on this issue.

“The United States will only respect us as allies if we are serious about our own position, and if we have our own sovereignty regarding our defence,” said Macron.

“We need to continue to build up our own autonomy, just as the United States does for itself, and just as China does for itself,” added Macron.

Macron spoke to U.S. President-elect Joe Biden on Nov 10, and told Biden he was ready to work with him on issues such as the climate, health, and the fight against terrorism.

Macron: Europe needs its own sovereignty in defence, even with new U.S. government

The idea of a “European Army” is not new. This article from 2 years ago shows that it grew as German & French hostility to and from Donald Trump rose higher.

Merkel joins Macron in calling for EU army to complement NATO
The French have always been hell bent on having a United States of Europe. On their own, they're a hapless Muslim run white flag piss poor country.

The French have always been hell bent on having a United States of Europe. On their own, they're a hapless Muslim run white flag piss poor country.

And on your own you are who? ¿Ebenezer Scrooge?

Zwischen Ochs und Eselein,
schläft der kleine Sohn
Tausend Engel ziehn
Tausend Seraphim

fliegen um den Kleinen,
der uns Liebe bringt

Voller ...
schläft der kleine Sohn
Tausend Engel ziehn
Tausend Seraphim

fliegen um den Kleinen,
der uns Liebe bringt

In dem purpurharten Stroh
schäft Emmanuel
Tausend Engel ziehn
Tausend Seraphim

fliegen um den Kleinen,
der uns Liebe brnigt

Last edited:
Did you, Krauts,

Do you know that always when an US-American is using this expression, then this is only showing the very deep problems of the mentality of the US-people?

read the answer of the German "Government" on the request of your Parliament?

Do you still believe, that those clowns can make a new "Aktion Konserve" even for their own unassuming audience?

Whatever someone from the AfD - a political pseudo-party full of Nazis and useful idiots of Nazis - "asks" the German government is totally unimportant for me.
It is not about what the opposition asked. It's about how the government answered. "We don't know" and "We are not sure" - are not very inspiring statements, aren't they?

I don't know what's your problem and I'm not sure whether any form of "inspiring statement" makes any sense in discussions with enemies of the German constitution.
I say, that you can't fight Russians because your current "government" can't make even simple provocation.

When we will provoke Russia, then "you" will find a Russian kind of nuke in your garden, giving you some cyrillic information.
Actually if you follow his threads, it's pretty clear he IS Russian.

What do folks think about European efforts to forge an identity and a “great power” role independent of the U.S.? The articles below discuss continuing French and German discussions (and disagreements) about the need for a separate “EU Army” distinct from NATO, and efforts to build up a separate EU arms industry. Trump’s efforts to get Europe to pay more “for defending itself,” and trade disputes with Europe under his administration, have paradoxically led to talk of developing a more sovereign role in the world. Of course Europe has many internal conflicts. Personally I think Brexit will ultimately strengthen French-German-led European unity.

Has the EU’s “soft power” or independent thinking in trade or its sense of distinctness grown in the last 4 years — despite Brexit, Covid-19 and immigration problems? Will a Biden presidency repair trans-Atlantic unity or has permanent damage occurred? Is this all a fake effort of Macron (and Angela Merkel) to boost their popularity at home? Do NATO & the CIA and financial ties doom Europe to remain tied as a caboose to the American train? Are there really still strong common interests that bind Europe to the U.S. — or will Europe in future find it has more interests in separately negotiating with Russia and China?

PARIS (Reuters) - Europe still needs its own independent and sovereign defence strategy, even if it is dealing with a new U.S. government which may result in friendlier ties, French President Emmanuel Macron told the “Revue Grand Continent” publication.

In an interview with the publication, Macron rebuffed comments from German Defence Minister Annegret Kramp-Karrenbauer to Politico on Nov. 2, in which the German minister said Europe would have to remain dependent on U.S. military protection for the near future.

“I am in complete disagreement with the opinion article published in Politico by the German defence minister,” said Macron, adding he believed German Chancellor Angela Merkel shared his position on this issue.

“The United States will only respect us as allies if we are serious about our own position, and if we have our own sovereignty regarding our defence,” said Macron.

“We need to continue to build up our own autonomy, just as the United States does for itself, and just as China does for itself,” added Macron.

Macron spoke to U.S. President-elect Joe Biden on Nov 10, and told Biden he was ready to work with him on issues such as the climate, health, and the fight against terrorism.

The idea of a “European Army” is not new. This article from 2 years ago shows that it grew as German & French hostility to and from Donald Trump rose higher.

Merkel joins Macron in calling for EU army to complement NATO
Lovely...but let them pay for it all themselves.
Once they've got their own EU military they won't need the US to be giving them billions.

Lovely...but let them pay for it all themselves.
Once they've got their own EU military they won't need the US to be giving them billions.

Anyway you are not able to defend what you hate on no reason to do so: your parent- and grandparent-nations. So leave the houses of your ancestors - which you anyway wasted in many cases - model child of the own ignorance, intrigance, arrogance and aggressions.

You payed and pay money to your own army - that's all. For the NATO (the total household of the NATO is about 1-2 billions a year) you pay nearly nothing - but somehow seem all US-Americans to think the USA needs no allies for nothing because the armies of their allies are US-American institutions.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back