Lumber prices are getting absurd!

Last year I was paying under 3.00 per 2x4
Last week I paid just over 6.00 per 2x4
Just now I paid 7.45 per 2x4

What the literal fuck
which sucks royally since I am starting a 30x48 building,,,
Hold off till fall?
wish I could but my shop rent went up more than dbl and the higher cost of lumber doesnt match up,,

I had a metal building on order and was supposed to be done by mid april and last friday they told me it wasnt even in production and wouldnt be done until june or july, so I cancelled it and will go with stick frame wood instead,,

time just isnt on my side,,

but since I am moving the shop home my wife gave me permission to buy a bobcat and going this afternoon to see about one,,

Bought a piece of 1/2 inch plywood to make a door for my shed. Used to be under 20 dollars. It was 44 dollars. These idiots wanting democrats are too stupid to exist.
The plywood, 3 1 x 2's for bracing and a cheap dead bolt lock for another door was just shy of 100 dollars.

What the literal fuck
We have lots of fir on the property and I've been contemplating buying a mill. Never could justify the price before, but at these lumber prices, it would pay for itself in short order.

What the literal fuck
This is what we are framing now...
20210415_154334.jpg

20210415_154410.jpg

Timberstrand studs, giant headers, two ste er l beams holding the beast up.
Can't imagine the cost.

What the literal fuck
which sucks royally since I am starting a 30x48 building,,,
Hold off till fall?
wish I could but my shop rent went up more than dbl and the higher cost of lumber doesnt match up,,

I had a metal building on order and was supposed to be done by mid april and last friday they told me it wasnt even in production and wouldnt be done until june or july, so I cancelled it and will go with stick frame wood instead,,

time just isnt on my side,,

but since I am moving the shop home my wife gave me permission to buy a bobcat and going this afternoon to see about one,,
He shouldn't be able to get away with that. That kind of increase sounds like he wants you to vacate.

Bought a piece of 1/2 inch plywood to make a door for my shed. Used to be under 20 dollars. It was 44 dollars. These idiots wanting democrats are too stupid to exist.
What the fuck does your plywood price have to do with Democrats, who took office less than 100 days ago?
4i6Ckte.gif

What the literal fuck
Fires and droughts on the west coast.
Another reminder of the interconnectivity. Many of the low information types here probably thought "fires in California? Bunch'a Liberals - WGAF?". Now they're paying for it. But they still deny climate change because dopes like Hannity tell them to.

What the literal fuck
Another reminder of the interconnectivity. Many of the low information types here probably thought "fires in California? Bunch'a Liberals - WGAF?". Now they're paying for it. But they still deny climate change because dopes like Hannity tell them to.
WRONG

What the literal fuck
WRONG

Ok, so it's higher demand and the Invisible Hand of the Market (bad decision-making) at play. That's Capitalism, isn't it?

But it’s not just demand that is pushing prices so high. Supply is completely off the mark because both mill operators and lumber dealers misread the 2020 market. Since housing starts and remodeling were weaker in 2019, they pulled back on production. The expectation was that 2020 would be much of the same.

Forum List

Back