Luján's Stroke Gives GOP 'Virtual Veto' in Senate

Yes but, the link in the OP reads:

Optimistic outlooks aside, mathematics makes the lawmaker's absence a significant complication for his party. A leave by Luján, 49, results in Democrats having 49 votes -- 47 Dems and two independents who caucus with them -- versus 50 Republicans.

Looks like Lujan can't vote when on medical leave so Democrats may have a problem.
Vote on what?
Schumer will just hold up votes until he returns

Vote on what?
Schumer will just hold up votes until he returns
Yes but it won't help, the longer he waits, the more quickly the grim red-reaper in November comes to lop their heads off. Schumer is definitely in the hot seat. Now Pelosi is facing scrutiny for her inside trading and now her son too.

Here is where the jabs are coming the bite the technocrats in the ASS.

There is a bit of KARMA on this one.

I don't laugh on this, it is sad, but it might be what turns the tide. Ironically? It is not the virus, but the jabs that have tipped the balance of power in the Senate temporarily. :eusa_think:

Democratic senator's stroke exposes fragility of 50-50 Senate majority​

". . . After news broke Tuesday that New Mexico Sen. Ben Ray Luján suffered a stroke last week, there was palpable concern for a valued fellow senator and then relief among his colleagues that he was expected to make a full recovery.

At 49, Luján is one of the geriatric Senate's young bucks, yet his sudden hospitalization, at least for now, deprives Majority Leader Chuck Schumer of a functioning majority if he needs to call a short-notice vote.. . . "

Ben Ray Luján: Fully Vaccinated Democratic Senator Hospitalized After Suffering Stroke At Age 49​

xsssde-768x431.jpg.pagespeed.ic.3AqJ3U5hYB.webp

Democratic Senator Jon Tester told Politico after hearing about Luján’s stroke:

Luján had posted several tweets to his account as recently as late last year encouraging others to get vaccinated and boosted. The senator received his first shot in December 2020. Part of the caption of his vaccine proof photo was:

xRay.jpg.pagespeed.ic.9eGPdRKD5-.webp

On November 22nd, 2021, Luján enthusiastically tweeted about the COVID-19 booster shot:

xRayd.jpg.pagespeed.ic.eqYcSH5rwY.webp

xtweet.jpg.pagespeed.ic.eaFVL0FyQ_.webp
xoaksd.jpg.pagespeed.ic.Plv5qIkh6w.webp

"Safe and effective." :auiqs.jpg::laughing0301::lmao::21:

Or the joy it's causing you...ya fucking ghoul

Try to post without vulgarity.....no matter how deeply this post buries you.

November 4, 1994 episode of the PBS talk show, To the Contrary, Julianne Malveaux summed up her feelings regarding Supreme Court Justice Clarence Thomas: "The man is on the Court. You know, I hope his wife feeds him lots of eggs and butter and he dies early, like many black men do, of heart disease. Well, that’s how I feel. He is an absolutely reprehensible person."

Gore once accused his political enemies of possessing "an extra chromosome," a remark that infuriated the families of persons with Down Syndrome, which is caused by the presence of an extra chromosome. http://old.nationalreview.com/comment/miller200406010833.asp

Stenny Hoyer called Michael Steele the Republican lawn jockey

Alec Baldwin "if we were in another country... we would stone Henry Hyde to death and we would go to their homes and kill their wives and their children. We would kill their families, for what they're doing to this country."

Huffington Post on Tony Snow- “The growth in his abdomen is his head stuck up his a**. F**k him!! He is pure lying scum and should die ASAP!!”

American Thinker: Those Mean-Spirited Liberals
RJ Eskow: Vicious Liberals Disgrace America - With Shameless Media Support
"Sarah, I'm calling you a liar. And not even a good one. Trig Paxson Van Palin is not your son. He is your grandson. The sooner you come forward with this revelation to the public, the better." -- Daily Kos ArcXIX

As, I think it was Cosmopolitan magazine, referred to me and [*06 Ohio and Pennsylvania Republican gubernatorial candidates] Ken Blackwell and Lynn Swann-'well, they're the lawn jockeys of the Republican Party.'"Human Events

Columnist Ann Coulter should probably not sign up to be a guest on Bill Maher’s HBO show anytime soon. Maher writer Chris Kelly took her column on the death and funeral of her father, John Vincent Coulter, and mocked her and the dead man relentlessly on The Huffington Post. He even compared her dead father to Hitler. Remember, in our Special Report, we recalled Arianna Huffington proclaimed her site wouldn’t be known for "flame-throwing, name-calling, and simplistic attack dog rhetoric." (What a pile of souvlaki that boast was.)Jan 2009 John Vincent Coulter was of the old school, a man of few words, the un-Oprah, no crying or wearing your heart on your sleeve, and reacting to moments of great sentiment with a joke. Or as we used to call them:
Assholes

Wanda Sykes on Limbaugh: I hope his kidneys fail
Breitbart.tv Obama Likes Wanda Sykes Joke About Rush Limbaugh — ‘I Hope His Kidneys Fail’

October 28, 1994: In Virginia, Gore attacked Oliver North's Senate bid supporters as "the extreme right wing, the extra chromosome right wing." Advocates for those with Down's Syndrome, caused by an extra chromosome, were outraged. TV coverage? Zero.
Media Reality Check -- 03/25/1999 -- Which Vice President is the King of Gaffes?
In June, 2009 Dave Letterman makes a joke about the statutory rape of Sarah Palin’s 14 year old.

VH1 comedian Chuck Nice appeared on Tuesday's "Today" show and compared Alaska Governor Sarah Palin to the sexually transmitted disease herpes. He mocked, "But, Sarah Palin to the GOP, this is what I've got to say, she is very much like herpes, she's not going away." [Audio available here]
The "Best Week Ever" contributor amazingly preceded his comments by instructing the show's hosts and his fellow guests, who were there to discuss news events in the 10am hour of the show, "...Please don't take it the way it sounds." Amazingly, no one on the program really challenged Nice on his ugly remark. NBC News chief legal analyst Dan Abrams mildly observed, "That's the advantage of being Chuck Nice. You can say that and there's no repercussions." Nia-Malika Henderson, the White House reporter for Politico, said nothing.
Comedian on 'Today' Show Trashes Sarah Palin: She's 'Very Much Like Herpes' | NewsBusters.org

Most surprisingly given the liberal Jewish tradition in the United States, Democrats were more likely to blame Jews than Republicans:
"...while 32 percent of Democrats accorded at least moderate blame, only 18.4 percent of Republicans did so (a statistically significant difference)."
http://blogs.tnr.com/tnr/blogs/the_s...al-crisis.aspx

But if that man was Rush Limbaugh, and you were Sarah Spitz, a producer for National Public Radio (update: Spitz was a producer for NPR affiliate KCRW for the show Left, Right & Center), that isn’t what you’d do at all.

In a post to the list-serv Journolist, an online meeting place for liberal journalists, Spitz wrote that she would “Laugh loudly like a maniac and watch his eyes bug out” as Limbaugh writhed in torment.

In boasting that she would gleefully watch a man die in front of her eyes, Spitz seemed to shock even herself. “I never knew I had this much hate in me,” she wrote. “But he deserves it.”

“You know, at the risk of violating Godwin’s law, is anyone starting to see parallels here between the teabaggers and their tactics and the rise of the Brownshirts?” asked Bloomberg’s Ryan Donmoyer. “Esp. Now that it’s getting violent? Reminds me of the Beer Hall fracases of the 1920s.”

Read more: Liberal journalists suggest government censor Fox News

There’s only one way the tragic airplane crash in Alaska that ended the life of former-U.S. Senator Ted Stevens could have been better, according to New Hampshire Democratic activist and State Rep. candidate Keith Halloran: If Sarah Palin had been on it. http://refugeesunleashed.net/post-1017098.html

His web site says he stands for “family values”.

Alabama Democratic Representative Bobby Bright is coming under fire for remarks made earlier this week concerning Majority Leader Nancy Pelosi.

The incumbent Democrat, who is home campaigning during the Congressional recess, joked that Ms. Pelosi could die before her re-election.

The Montgomery Advertiser, which reported the story, wrote ”He suggested, jokingly he insisted to his audience, that Pelosi could fall ill and die in coming months. That remark drew laughter from the crowd.”​

This time Bill Maher says that Dick Cheney should have been assassinated in the failed bombing attempt last week in Afghanistan. Maher repeated his obscene rhetoric a few times, including this zinger:

Maher: I’m just saying if he did die, other people, more people would live. That’s a fact.

“I hope his wife feeds him [Clarence Thomas, Justice, U.S. Supreme Court] lots of eggs and butter and he dies early like many black men do, of heart disease. . . . He is an absolutely reprehensible person.”

Julianne Malveaux
USA Today columnist, Pacifica Radio talk show host.

Check out this clip, from way back in 1995, of NPR’s Nina Totenberg telling the host of PBS’s Inside Washington that if there was “retributive justice” in the world the (admittedly loathsome) Jesse Helms would “get AIDS from a transfusion, or one of his grandchildren will get it.” Totenberg is still NPR’s legal affairs correspondent.

Read more at the Washington Examiner: http://washingtonexaminer.com/blogs...hing-jesse-helms-would-get-aids#ixzz1G8SOETVa

Bill Maher was confronted by Elizabeth Hasselbeck on The View today over a joke he made suggesting that after the horrendous sexual assault of a CBS News reporter, we should send Hasselbeck to Egypt

Jimmy Fallon Drummer Calls Bachmann ‘Bitch’ Song ‘Tongue in Cheek’​

The drummer for the house band on “Late Night with Jimmy Fallon” apologized sort of for his decision to play ”Lyin’ Ass Bitch” when Rep. Michele Bachmann appeared on the talk show Monday night.

“The performance was a tongue-in-cheek and spur of the moment decision. The show was not aware of it and I feel bad if her feelings were hurt. That was not my intention,” Ahmir “Questlove” Thompson said in a statement.

Later, he retweeted a fan’s reaction: “perfect entry song for her.”

Pulitzer Prize-winning columnist Eugene Robinson doesn't think voters will be "down" with how Rick Santorum and his wife mourned their stillborn child.

"He's not a little weird, he's really weird," Robinson said of Santorum. "And some of his positions that he has taken are just so weird that I think that some Republicans are off-put. Not everybody is not going to be down, for example, with the story of how he and his wife handled the stillborn child. It was a body that they took home to kind of sleep with it, introduce it to the rest of the family. It's a very weird story."

http://www.realclearpolitics.com/vi...orums_stillborn_baby_story_is_very_weird.html

Washington Post columnist Eugene Robinson acknowledged his characterization of the way Rick Santorum handled the loss of his son that died two hours after birth as "very weird" was "not the right way to say" what he wanted to say.

Robinson didn't apologize but explained that "what I actually said was I thought some people would think that was weird."

"Once they get a hold of the crazy things he's said and done like taking his two-hour old baby who died right after childbirth home and played with it for a couple of hours so his other children would know that the child was real," Democratic commentator Alan Colmes said on FOX News today.

"That's a cheap shot, Alan. To say it's crazy, something that's that personal and hurtful as losing a child and to mock it like that is beyond the pale and beneath you," Colmes' conservative opponent Rich Lowry said after the personal attack.

“I even think some of the dastardly characters we have in the main stream media are not going to go as low as you just have Alan,” National Review editor Rick Lowry said later in the conversation. http://www.realclearpolitics.com/vi...ocks_santorum_for_bringing_dead_son_home.html

Caught on tape during a meeting held behind closed doors, Rep. Andre Carson attacked the efforts of those in the Tea Party to slash out-of-control spending and rein in big government. After being confronted about his explosive remarks, Carson defended them, likening the Tea Party movement to Jim Crow supporters.

“Some of them in Congress, right now of this Tea Party movement, would love to see you and me . . . hanging on a tree.” —Rep. Andre Carson (D-IN)

Newsweek Writer Kurt Eichenwald Hopes GOP Family Members ‘Lose Insurance,’ Get ‘Tortured,’ and ‘Die’​

Kurt Eichenwald, a senior writer for Newsweek, took to Twitter Friday and wished that Republicans who voted for the American Health Care Act see a family member suffer from a serious illness, lose their health insurance, and die. Newsweek Writer Kurt Eichenwald Hopes GOP Family Members ‘Lose Insurance,’ Get 'Tortured,' and ‘Die’

Liberal California Councilman And Teacher Tells Students Military Are ‘Dumbsh*ts’ And ‘Lowest Of Our Low’ [VIDEO]

California city councilman and high school history teacher at El Rancho High School in Pico Rivera, Calif, was caught on video disparaging the United States military and calling its members “dumbshits” who are not “high-level thinkers.”

Gregory Salcido is a current member of the Pico Rivera City Council.

Three profanity-laced videos surfaced on Facebook Friday of Salcido declaring to his students that members of the military are dumb people who joined because they were poor students and that they are the “lowest of our low” of the country.

Liberal California Councilman And Teacher Tells Students Military Are ‘Dumbsh*ts’ And ‘Lowest Of Our Low’ [VIDEO]

This college professor is happy ‘racist’ Barbara Bush is dead

Yeah, I have followed the founder's posts since the beginning and continue to follow live feeds. I support their views 100%. Turdeau needs to go, duck.
There's no opposition to Trudeau that is of any substance and especially now that the Conservatives have dumped O'toole. They are in complete disarray and aren't expected to become a threat for about ten years.

However, there is a faction that is attempting to use the truckers' dead issue for making some gain for the Conservative party. The extreme right crackpot Bernier could benefit some. But he's Canada's version of your David Duke.
Watch a newscast by the CBC if you're interested in Canadian politics.

There's no opposition to Trudeau that is of any substance and especially now that the Conservatives have dumped O'toole. They are in complete disarray and aren't expected to become a threat for about ten years.

However, there is a faction that is attempting to use the truckers' dead issue for making some gain for the Conservative party. The extreme right crackpot Bernier could benefit some. But he's Canada's version of your David Duke.
Watch a newscast by the CBC if you're interested in Canadian politics.
And now the view from the CCP has been heard.

Forum List

Back