Louisville burns: Officer shot

So would a smart leftist here explain to me why they're shooting cops?
Not really a “leftist” but I’d like to take a swing.
As far as communities of color are concerned they no longer can see participation in this society as their best path forward. Police are a symbol of authority of that society. So they become a natural target. I think your confusion here is that you don’t really understand how disenfranchised certain communities in this country feel. Now, I am not saying that any of these explanations are ones I support as a defense of a murder, but if folks feel justified what difference does it make whether they are right or not?
I bet you remember the Pro-lifers who blew people up to show that abortion was wrong....desperation leads to desperate acts.
What is sad is that these people of color are constantly being told by their community leaders that they are being wronged. This case was never murder from day one. Anyone who took an objective look at it knew that this outcome was coming. There was never any evidence of "murder" or cops getting away with murder in the Taylor case.
Yes, this is sad. And I agree, these officers were following policies set forth by their department and approved by their local government. Unfortunately, a policy that asks police to preform searches without identifying themselves puts them and citizens at risk. And I agree, the leaders in the African American community are just as caught up in the frustration, sadness and anger that is engulfing the people they represent. But if police went into the home of a white college professor, thought to be involved in dealing drugs, and shoot one of his house guests because he opened fire on an intruder, heads would roll and police policy would change. That simple truth is why our country is in for one heck of a winter. Survive the pandemic only to be swallowed in a race war. Fun times!

"But if police went into the home of a white college professor, thought to be involved in dealing drugs, and shoot one of his house guests because he opened fire on an intruder, heads would roll and police policy would change. "

Complete conjecture. There is no basis to mount such an argument. Shit like this is why we have such a problem.
If this happened in your house, to your family, you’d accept the Grand Jury’s charges? If your answer is “yes”, your either a liar or a coward.
Violence is never the answer.
So if someone came into your house in the middle of the night, did not ID themselves, you have no right to protect property or person? Sorry but I think you are at odds with the Constitution on that one.
On a side note, how odd is this?I’d bet if someone met the two of us on the street, they’d suspect that you supported individual liberties (including the 2ndAmendment) and I was some do-gooder SJW, who believed the answer to government problems was more government.
You have given me a true gift, in that talking to you has increased my faith in our general goodness, regardless of where one falls on any individual issues, Thank you.
Didn't the cops announce themselves? I heard they did. I may be mistaken.

As far as communities of color are concerned they no longer can see participation in this society as their best path forward. Police are a symbol of authority of that society. So they become a natural target. I think your confusion here is that you don’t really understand how disenfranchised certain communities in this country feel. Now, I am not saying that any of these explanations are ones I support as a defense of a murder, but if folks feel justified what difference does it make whether they are right or not?
I bet you remember the Pro-lifers who blew people up to show that abortion was wrong....desperation leads to desperate acts.
What is sad is that these people of color are constantly being told by their community leaders that they are being wronged. This case was never murder from day one. Anyone who took an objective look at it knew that this outcome was coming. There was never any evidence of "murder" or cops getting away with murder in the Taylor case.
Yes, this is sad. And I agree, these officers were following policies set forth by their department and approved by their local government. Unfortunately, a policy that asks police to preform searches without identifying themselves puts them and citizens at risk. And I agree, the leaders in the African American community are just as caught up in the frustration, sadness and anger that is engulfing the people they represent. But if police went into the home of a white college professor, thought to be involved in dealing drugs, and shoot one of his house guests because he opened fire on an intruder, heads would roll and police policy would change. That simple truth is why our country is in for one heck of a winter. Survive the pandemic only to be swallowed in a race war. Fun times!

"But if police went into the home of a white college professor, thought to be involved in dealing drugs, and shoot one of his house guests because he opened fire on an intruder, heads would roll and police policy would change. "

Complete conjecture. There is no basis to mount such an argument. Shit like this is why we have such a problem.
If this happened in your house, to your family, you’d accept the Grand Jury’s charges? If your answer is “yes”, your either a liar or a coward.

What people seem to be missing here is that Taylor's decisions, her friendships, and her choices led to a situation where police had a legal right to enter her home. If my choices lead to a similar outcome for me, I have no one to blame but myself. As I have said, it is tragic what happened...but it was not "murder", and there was no evidence at all to suggest that she was a victim of social injustice.

So if someone came into your house in the middle of the night, did not ID themselves, you have no right to protect property or person? Sorry but I think you are at odds with the Constitution on that one.
On a side note, how odd is this?I’d bet if someone met the two of us on the street, they’d suspect that you supported individual liberties (including the 2ndAmendment) and I was some do-gooder SJW, who believed the answer to government problems was more government.
You have given me a true gift, in that talking to you has increased my faith in our general goodness, regardless of where one falls on any individual issues, Thank you.
The cops knocked and ID's themselves.

She caused her own demise but liberal refuse to accept that their poor conduct and decision are responsible for almost all their woes.
To do so would involve great change but that’s a no go so it’s the police and society’s fault.

The cops knocked and ID's themselves.
Thank you for correcting my misunderstanding of the facts. In that case, I still think we are dealing with flawed policies that put both civilians and police at risk, but to be clear in this specific case, I must agree, and see no relevant charges against the officers as appropriate. In fact, with these facts established the Wanton Endangerment charges seem like an unfortunate attempt to placate. And none of these specific details about this specific case change the general state of inequalities that continue to exist. So while, I think we are in agreement that, while Louisville represents truly tragic events, the individual officers really have no personal culpability other than following department policy.
unfortunately, none of that matters much in our current climate.

What people seem to be missing here is that Taylor's decisions, her friendships, and her choices led to a situation where police had a legal right to enter her home. If my choices lead to a similar outcome for me, I have no one to blame but myself. As I have said, it is tragic what happened...but it was not "murder", and there was no evidence at all to suggest that she was a victim of social injustice.
Not sure I was making any type of argument that this specific case represents social injustice. Your points here though feel a little weak. It sounds like you are saying, if you put yourself around people who run afoul of the law, you get what you deserve. That’s a fine argument if those consequences were applied equally or simply about personal choices. But I have yet to hear about a case where police have served a warrant for the child of an upper class white family in the middle of the night. That does not happen, they are asked (through a lawyer) to make themselves available. So it seems like you are saying if you are raised in a nasty place surrounded by societies parasites, you either fully reject that place and those people or accept the full weight of the criminal justice system.
While that may be a very logical response, it fails to account for the idea of providing people with equal opportunities. And assumes we all start off with the same chances to “succeed”. That just isn’t true. Our government has tried and failed to create this equality year after year, but has continued to use ineffectual tactics and misguided ideologies. So folks are pissed, and when folks get pissed they stop being reasonable. And what should scare all of us is that this is coming from the black upper and middle classes now. People who by all accounts have achieved the American Dream, and still have a feeling that in the end, this is not their home. The anger is palpable and there is a sense that “if we have to pull down the whole system to bring change, so be it”.
Maybe try to follow the logic of the argument, not so you agree or change your own mind about anything, but maybe find a little empathy for someone who is struggling and could use a little acknowledgement that their struggles are real.

[/QUOTE]
Not sure I was making any type of argument that this specific case represents social injustice. Your points here though feel a little weak. It sounds like you are saying, if you put yourself around people who run afoul of the law, you get what you deserve. That’s a fine argument if those consequences were applied equally or simply about personal choices. But I have yet to hear about a case where police have served a warrant for the child of an upper class white family in the middle of the night. That does not happen, they are asked (through a lawyer) to make themselves available. So it seems like you are saying if you are raised in a nasty place surrounded by societies parasites, you either fully reject that place and those people or accept the full weight of the criminal justice system.
While that may be a very logical response, it fails to account for the idea of providing people with equal opportunities. And assumes we all start off with the same chances to “succeed”. That just isn’t true. Our government has tried and failed to create this equality year after year, but has continued to use ineffectual tactics and misguided ideologies. So folks are pissed, and when folks get pissed they stop being reasonable. And what should scare all of us is that this is coming from the black upper and middle classes now. People who by all accounts have achieved the American Dream, and still have a feeling that in the end, this is not their home. The anger is palpable and there is a sense that “if we have to pull down the whole system to bring change, so be it”.
Maybe try to follow the logic of the argument, not so you agree or change your own mind about anything, but maybe find a little empathy for someone who is struggling and could use a little acknowledgement that their struggles are real.
[/QUOTE]

Where do you get the notion that white people are not served warrants in the middle of the night? For example, Roger Stone's home was subject to a pre-dawn full-SWAT tactical raid. None of the people in the home shot the police though.

And don't patronize me with that follow the logic of the argument crap. My empathy or perceived lack thereof has nothing to do with the fact that her "decisions, her friendships, and her choices led to a situation where police had a legal right to enter her home."

Contrary to what you might think, black people are actually just as smart as anyone else, and they are fully capable of understanding right from wrong. If your boyfriend is asking you to deliver mail and packages to your house, and you know that he is involved in some shady shit, you know what you should say. A dead body ended up in the trunk of a car that she rented? Was that because she was disadvantaged and didn't have equal opportunities? While admittedly, I don't know all the details of that incident, I hardly think its a stretch to assume that she decided to hang out with the wrong person or people.

Trending Politics reported, "Louisville police officer Major Aubrey Gregory was shot on Wednesday at the violent left-wing rally. Just 24 hours later, Gregory showed up to roll call at the police station.

"Current Police Chief Robert Schroeder stated that Gregory was in charge of the leading the law enforcement during the riots."

That is one tough policeman.
1601230555317.png

Here he is showing up. This is what pathetic rioters don't have. Love and support and respect. Thank God for men and women who don't know the meaning of the word quit.

Post Millennial reported:

The 21-year department veteran was shot in the hip during Wednesday's riots over the lack of criminal charges in connection to the mid-March death of Breonna Taylor.
A second officer, Robinson Desrouches, was shot in the abdomen and had to undergo surgery. He is reported to be recovering.
The suspected shooter, identified as Larynzo Johnson, 26, was charged with two accounts of assault in the first degree and a total of 14 count of wanton endangerment in connection with the shooting of police officers.

Forum List

Back