Louisville burns: Officer shot

119988436_10223308988895128_6465372480259714654_o.jpg

So would a smart leftist here explain to me why they're shooting cops?
Not really a “leftist” but I’d like to take a swing.
As far as communities of color are concerned they no longer can see participation in this society as their best path forward. Police are a symbol of authority of that society. So they become a natural target. I think your confusion here is that you don’t really understand how disenfranchised certain communities in this country feel. Now, I am not saying that any of these explanations are ones I support as a defense of a murder, but if folks feel justified what difference does it make whether they are right or not?
I bet you remember the Pro-lifers who blew people up to show that abortion was wrong....desperation leads to desperate acts.

As far as communities of color are concerned they no longer can see participation in this society as their best path forward. Police are a symbol of authority of that society. So they become a natural target. I think your confusion here is that you don’t really understand how disenfranchised certain communities in this country feel. Now, I am not saying that any of these explanations are ones I support as a defense of a murder, but if folks feel justified what difference does it make whether they are right or not?
I bet you remember the Pro-lifers who blew people up to show that abortion was wrong....desperation leads to desperate acts.
What is sad is that these people of color are constantly being told by their community leaders that they are being wronged. This case was never murder from day one. Anyone who took an objective look at it knew that this outcome was coming. There was never any evidence of "murder" or cops getting away with murder in the Taylor case.

There wasn't a murder.

What is sad is that these people of color are constantly being told by their community leaders that they are being wronged. This case was never murder from day one. Anyone who took an objective look at it knew that this outcome was coming. There was never any evidence of "murder" or cops getting away with murder in the Taylor case.

"What is sad is that these people of color are constantly being told by their community leaders that they are being wronged."

It's not just their community leaders, it's also the democratic party, BLM, the media, academia, and Hollywood + sports stars like Lebron. They say it's all about white supremacy, systemic racism, big corps and the wealthy white people who control everything. You see it on this board frequently, so many people have bought that narrative hook, line, and sinker.

Last edited:
Yes, this is sad. And I agree, these officers were following policies set forth by their department and approved by their local government. Unfortunately, a policy that asks police to preform searches without identifying themselves puts them and citizens at risk. And I agree, the leaders in the African American community are just as caught up in the frustration, sadness and anger that is engulfing the people they represent. But if police went into the home of a white college professor, thought to be involved in dealing drugs, and shoot one of his house guests because he opened fire on an intruder, heads would roll and police policy would change. That simple truth is why our country is in for one heck of a winter. Survive the pandemic only to be swallowed in a race war. Fun times!

There wasn't a murder.
Your response presupposes that the ”murder” I am talking about was Ms Taylor (Yes, I said her name). I was talking about the a-holes who thought shooting police officers was justifiable. You don’t shoot a cop unless you are trying to kill them, hence they were justifying murder.

"What is sad is that these people of color are constantly being told by their community leaders that they are being wronged."

It's not just their community leaders, it's also the democratic party, BLM, the media, academia, and Hollywood + sports stars like Lebron. It's all about white supremacy, systemic racism, big corps and the wealthy white people who control everything. You see it on this board frequently, so many people have bought that narrative hook, line, and sinker.
Yes and there are injustices that exist in our society that are disproportionately endured by people of color. We get too caught up trying to explain why instead of actually doing the personal reflection it will take for our society to change for the better. So, since there is no personal responsibility, some folks want to socially engineer equality. And that never ends well.

It's not just their community leaders, it's also the democratic party, BLM, the media, academia, and Hollywood + sports stars like Lebron. It's all about white supremacy, systemic racism, big corps and the wealthy white people who control everything. You see it on this board frequently, so many people have bought that narrative hook, line, and sinker.
Even with everything perfectly even there would still be more white people in those evil positions of power because there are More white people.

Even with everything perfectly even there would still be more white people in those evil positions of power because there are More white people.
Not for too much longer, and isn’t that what we are really talking about?

Yes and there are injustices that exist in our society that are disproportionately endured by people of color. We get too caught up trying to explain why instead of actually doing the personal reflection it will take for our society to change for the better. So, since there is no personal responsibility, some folks want to socially engineer equality. And that never ends well.
People of color are more often victims of crimes by other people of color than whites. The colored people in Chicago getting shot and killed every weekend are being shot predominantly by colored people, not whites or cops.

By showing the IMPOTUS presidency? One wouldn't believe such lack of irony if one didn't read it.
1600921694207.png
Hilarious. As though Biden is president rather than the IMPOTUS. 'Lack of irony' is obviously the wrong phrase. My bad.

I should have said 'obliviousness', of course.

Forum List

Back