Nostalgia is pretty fine as well.

Colin

Gold Member
Reaction score
Nostalgia ain't what it used to be! :(

Toro

Diamond Member
Reaction score
First of all, the spelling of "Canadiens" represents the Quebecois, who are French, and who have no love for the British crown. So when you say there are "lots of Canadiens who want to take back the Union Jack," by "lots," you probably mean 8 or 9 Canadiens.

Notwithstanding this oversight most Americans would mistakingly make in good faith, a more accurate title of this thread would have been "Lots of Canadiens over the age of 85 years old want to take back Union Jack Flag." Otherwise, the issue ranks right up there in importance north of the border as Miss Watermelon Festival in Monticello FL.

editec

Mr. Forgot-it-All
Reaction score
They do?

Were I a Canadian I would most defintiely NOT want that.

Reaction score
I have heard O Canada played at baseball games.

God Save us all from such a noise.

God Save the Queen is a lot better

Colin

Gold Member
Reaction score

Our national anthemn 'God Save the Queen', sucks! It's more like a dirge! It should be replaced with this...

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zCx5bx-qtJQ]BBC Proms 2011: Last Night - Land of Hope and Glory - YouTube[/ame]

Ropey

String tension is not infinite.
Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9pUbUcS_2Vo]Justin Bieber - Oh Canada - YouTube[/ame]

No comparison. :lol:

Ropey

String tension is not infinite.
Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score

CanadianBacon

Rookie
Reaction score
Well a lot of my fellow Canadians still love our old flag, the red ensign. That's the red flag with the Union Jack in the corner. God save the Queen. THAT IS our royal anthem. Neither O Canada, our national anthem, nor the royal anthem, God Save the Queen, are being replaced. Oh yes, it is true that our royals are not that popular in la belle province (Querbec)

Reaction score

Our national anthemn 'God Save the Queen', sucks! It's more like a dirge! It should be replaced with this...

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zCx5bx-qtJQ]BBC Proms 2011: Last Night - Land of Hope and Glory - YouTube[/ame]
I wouldn't be the least bit surprised if Betty agrees with you. She has to listen to GSTQ on a daily basis.

I notice that the Conservative conference uses it as top of the patriotic hit parade as well.

I usually detest Elgar, but this is good singing music.

RichardZZZ

Rookie
Reaction score
When I was a kid, we used to have to sing God Save the Queen in school (and that's in Canada). I definitely like this anthem better than God Save the Queen.

tinydancer

Diamond Member
Reaction score
First of all, the spelling of "Canadiens" represents the Quebecois, who are French, and who have no love for the British crown. So when you say there are "lots of Canadiens who want to take back the Union Jack," by "lots," you probably mean 8 or 9 Canadiens.

Notwithstanding this oversight most Americans would mistakingly make in good faith, a more accurate title of this thread would have been "Lots of Canadiens over the age of 85 years old want to take back Union Jack Flag." Otherwise, the issue ranks right up there in importance north of the border as Miss Watermelon Festival in Monticello FL.
You actually have a Miss Watermelon Festival?

:lol:

My fave ever festival was going to Germantown in Nashville for an Oktoberfest. I swear were the only white people there.

Too much fun. We are talking cheap beer. As a canuck I was thrilled to death.

I've never seen a black Oompah pah band. I've loved it. Black guys in Lederhosen from I think north Georgia.

I cannot even imagine a young black kid in this day and age asking his mother if he can have an accordion for his birthday.

You'd have to be one tough kid.

Last edited:

bayoubill

aka Sheik Yerbouti...
Reaction score

You actually have a Miss Watermelon Festival?

My fave ever festival was going to Germantown in Nashville for an Oktoberfest. I swear were the only white people there.

Too much fun. We are talking cheap beer. As a canuck I was thrilled to death.

I've never seen a black Oompah pah band. I've loved it. Black guys in Lederhosen from I think north Georgia.

I cannot even imagine a young black kid in this day and age asking his mother if he can have an accordion for his birthday.

You'd have to be one tough kid.
I personally like small-town agriculture-based festivals...

like this one...

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5uil3iGDM70&feature=relmfu]Part ONE OSOYOOS CHERRY AND CANADA DAY PARADE - YouTube[/ame]

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rBUXCCJOx6o"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rBUXCCJOx6o[/ame]

Last edited:

hzhang

Mr.
Reaction score
Can Canada and USA be unified into One Country?

Canada and the USA are two big countries adjacent to each other.
There are many similarities between Canada and the USA.
Both countries have the same colonial history.
Both countries have the same culture and language.
Both countries have the same political system and economic system.
Both countries have the same developed and industrialized economy.
Both countries have the same lifestyle.
Both countries are nations composed of descendants of immigrants.
Since there are so many similarities between Canada and the USA, the two countries are adjacent in geography and are so integrated in economy, is it possible for Canada and the USA to be unified into one country?
The idea of unification sounds crazy and unrealistic. Well, a book has been published to explore the possibility of unification between Canada and the USA.
In addition to
unification between Canada and the USA, this book also explores
unification between Mexico and its two small southern neighbors,
unification between Chile and Argentina,
unification between France and the two tiny states along its southern border,
unification between South Africa and Lesotho, and
unification between a few pairs of other small countries.
Search book title “REDRAWING WORLD MAP” in Barnes and Noble, Amazon, GOOGLE, PublishAmerica (book publisher), we can find this book.
Book subtitle is “EXPLORATION OF UNIFICATION BETWEEN COUNTRIES”.
Above short article is copied from facebook. This article has no copyright and can be posted anywhere.

Toro

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Can Canada and USA be unified into One Country?

Canada and the USA are two big countries adjacent to each other.
There are many similarities between Canada and the USA.
Both countries have the same colonial history.
Both countries have the same culture and language.
Both countries have the same political system and economic system.
Both countries have the same developed and industrialized economy.
Both countries have the same lifestyle.
Both countries are nations composed of descendants of immigrants.
Since there are so many similarities between Canada and the USA, the two countries are adjacent in geography and are so integrated in economy, is it possible for Canada and the USA to be unified into one country?
The idea of unification sounds crazy and unrealistic. Well, a book has been published to explore the possibility of unification between Canada and the USA.
In addition to
unification between Canada and the USA, this book also explores
unification between Mexico and its two small southern neighbors,
unification between Chile and Argentina,
unification between France and the two tiny states along its southern border,
unification between South Africa and Lesotho, and
unification between a few pairs of other small countries.
Search book title “REDRAWING WORLD MAP” in Barnes and Noble, Amazon, GOOGLE, PublishAmerica (book publisher), we can find this book.
Book subtitle is “EXPLORATION OF UNIFICATION BETWEEN COUNTRIES”.
Above short article is copied from facebook. This article has no copyright and can be posted anywhere.
Not a bad idea but I'm not sure how Americans would take to being the 11th province.

Most reactions - Past 7 days

Forum List