Lots of buzz about Paul Ryan running for potus

Remodeling Maidiac

Diamond Member
Jun 13, 2011
Kansas City
I hope he gets in the race.

Stephen Hayes kicks the Paul Ryan buzz machine into overdrive:

Wisconsin congressman Paul Ryan is strongly considering a run for president. Ryan, who has been quietly meeting with political strategists to discuss a bid over the past three months, is on vacation in Colorado discussing a prospective run with his family. Ryan’s concerns about the effects of a presidential campaign – and perhaps a presidency – on his family have been his primary focus as he thinks through his political future.

“He’s coming around,” says a Republican source close to Ryan, who has been urging the 41-year-old to run …

Ryan has been talking to friends and advisers about a run since last spring. Those familiar with his thinking say that he expected that Indiana governor Mitch Daniels would run. Hours before Daniels released a letter he’d sent to supporters informing them of his decision not to run, he called Ryan to give him a heads up. That phone call profoundly changed Ryan’s thinking.

Paul Ryan 'strongly considering' 2012 run, Weekly Standard says - Alexander Burns - POLITICO.com

• Banned
He would be the only candidate who I would send money to for his primary race.

I was so/so on Bachmmann until the last few days. Don't like the way she is handling personal questions. Just something about her I'm not comfortable with.

• Banned
Paul Ryan for president? - The Plum Line - The Washington Post

Paul Ryan for president? By Greg Sargent There’s been a persistent dream on the right that Paul Ryan will run for president — a wish that reflects dissatisfaction with the current GOP field, as well as a sense that Ryan’s allegedly bold Medicare plan has cemented his role as the GOP’s most courageous standard bearer on fiscal issues.

Today the Weekly Standard caused a stir on both right and left by reporting that he’s “strongly considering” a presidential run. The Standard story quoted a source close to Ryan claiming that “he’s coming around” to the idea.

The story also quotes Ryan himself expressing general unhappines with the current field: “I just have yet to see a strong and principled articulation of the kind of limited government, opportunity society path that we would provide as an alternative to the Obama cradle to grave welfare state.”

Forum List

Back