Lost my wife of 47 years to cancer tonight.

We’re like a big dysfunctional family on USMB, and I wanted everyone here to know.
Just saw this...sorry for your loss.
:confused:
1200-50919162-deepest-sympathy.jpg

Last edited:
I missed this somehow... I'm truly sorry, Cellblock. There aren't any good words.

We’re like a big dysfunctional family on USMB, and I wanted everyone here to know.

Sorry for your loss. My room mate of 15 years (everyone thought that we were married) died at the end of June last year. She had contracted ovarian cancer back in 2013, and it was a roller coaster ride. Some days she would be doing good, and others, she was barely able to get out of bed. And, even though I'm still pretty upset and sad that Lois is gone, I'm grateful for the fact that she no longer hurts from her ailments. My condolences, and I recommend that you find a friend or family member who you can check in with daily. Even though it's been over 6 months since I lost Lois, some days come at me with a fury, and I slip into a pretty deep funk. My friends who I check in with daily though have been able to pull be off the edge so I can keep going. Yeah, there are going to be days where you feel like you are just existing, and others where you feel almost normal. Know that is part of the process. But, an interesting thing that happens, if you loved someone is that you tend to reinforce the good memories, and downplay the bad ones. Remember the good, as that is one of the things that helps me get through a day.

And.........................like I said, find someone you can check in with daily, having some semblance of a routine after losing someone can help a lot.

Cellblock, I'm so sorry for your loss. Dec. 4 would have been our 50th anniversary if he hadn't passed in the summer of 2016. I was in a mist for a couple of years from the loss. I just ran across this thread a few minutes ago. You are likely still adjusting. Best wishes to you. :thup:

Cellblock, I'm so sorry for your loss. Dec. 4 would have been our 50th anniversary if he hadn't passed in the summer of 2016. I was in a mist for a couple of years from the loss. I just ran across this thread a few minutes ago. You are likely still adjusting. Best wishes to you. :thup:
/——-/ Thanks. I’m sorry for your loss too.

I'm truly sorry for your loss. Nothing I might say could possibly help you in your grief, but you should know that people do care. You, like everybody else, must work through your grief at your own pace. I wish you well in such a heartbreaking task.

New Topics

Forum List

Back