Lost in the furor over the Georgia execution

The difference being that this guy was proud of himself for what he did and no one doubted at all that he was guilty.

I still don't think he should have been executed, though.

you know ravi...at one time i was not against the death penalty so its easy for me to go right back to off the fuckers.....

but lets review.....james bryd was simplying looking for a ride....he was alive when they began to drag him behind their pick up....he was alive until he hit a something.....that took his head off....literally....

they were all liquored up and had themselves a belly full of liquor courage...if you are not gonna execute men like this and the men who killed the petit family then why have the death penalty?

why pen up a mad dog? sure the dog cant help it that it is mad...but its still a mad dog

I would consider banning the death penalty if the following punishment was allowed:

For the most heinous crimes, the prisioner is required to break a 500 lb rock with a chipping hammer. At the end of breaking it, he then has to glue the rock back together.

After he finishes he then has to break a new 500 lb rock, repeat ad nauseum.

Also a noose is availible 24 hours a day if said prisoner wants to check out early.

If you're white, nobody cares about you being on death row.

If you're black, the Pope comes to your aid.

I could care less about the Pope. But your statement is not entirely true.
White people and black people all have families, so somebody does care, about those on death row.
Except maybe the Pope, and well.......fuck him.

White people and black people all have families, so somebody does care, about those on death row.

You're suggesting that the execution of black cop killer Troy Davis and the "white supremacist" who committed the dragging death elicited equal amounts of sympathy from the hoi polloi?

You're suggesting that the execution of black cop killer Troy Davis and the "white supremacist" who committed the dragging death elicited equal amounts of sympathy from the hoi polloi?

Nope.
I just meant what I said about the Pope....fuck him. His opinions don't matter to me.
So what...I'm not a Pope lover...so fucking sue me.

HUNTSVILLE, Texas (AP) — White supremacist gang member Lawrence Russell Brewer was executed Wednesday evening for the infamous dragging death slaying of James Byrd Jr., a black man from East Texas.

http://www.nytimes.com/aponline/2011/09/21/us/AP-US-Texas-Execution-Dragging-Death.html?_r=1&partner=rss&emc=rss

yes, I noted that when it occurred, there is a reservation of 'shock' and awe it appears over Brewer's death, unlike tookie williams and the held up sentence of mumia- jamal.

Forum List

Back