Loss.

In 2012, I lost a person so special to me I still grieve. Time is our real enemy, its not racism or hate. We move on we don't forget.

Nine years. Time isn't your enemy, it is your real friend.

With time:
  • Time gave you the chance to know this person for many years.
  • Time gives you the chance to remember them with growing love every day.
Without time:
  • You never would have been able to know this person.
  • You would have no chance now to build memories.
It is through our separation at death that we finally find out just how special a person was to us. It is through our separation at death that our bond grows stronger with every passing day.

Thank God for Time: without which we could never have met such wonderful people, known them for years and realize what a place upon our heart they are.

Time doesn't take our loved one from us, it brings us together closer than we ever could have possibly imagined before.

I still grieve every day for my beloved aunt and godmother, thinker, USAF officer, caring nurse, and world traveler, who died at age 52 in the late 1970's. She was in my life since I weighted six pounds. She tried so hard to equip me for life and leadership, to toughen me up, perhaps because she knew that some day the baton would be passed to me, which it later was. She even made sure that I went overseas to meet other people in the world. She was the youngest of six siblings, three boys and three girls, but her siblings always acknowledged her as the "go to" person in the family.

I still grieve every day for my beloved father, who was not rich, but was faithful to us all even in the rough times. He was a spiritual man who never hated anyone, who taught me to think independently and not believe just anything I heard, shared with me his great love of books and history, and taught me that, as a female, I was the equal of everyone else on the planet and to ignore any BS to the contrary.

I grieve also for all of my beautiful animals, who always gave love unconditionally. Their love is sorely missed.

Of course, there are more. I just awoke from a weird dream in which a deceased work colleague was calling me, like a telephone call, to ask how I was. He died suddenly two years ago, and I know his ashes rest in the Ganges, as he was a Hindu from the Punjab, so my fond memories of Balraj-Ji are stirred today.

In 2012, I lost a person so special to me I still grieve. Time is our real enemy, its not racism or hate. We move on we don't forget.

Yes, time makes us loose things, but who wants to stay on this earth the way it is, and getting worse by the minute, for the rest of time?

That is, assuming there is not a better place when we die.

I believe there is such a place.

I don't have any humans I grieve for. I grieve for my pets.
I don't have family.
Admit it! If a meteor smashed Washington DC to bits you would shed some tears of joy

Come on, we all would.

I don't have family.
Admit it! If a meteor smashed Washington DC to bits you would shed some tears of joy

Come on, we all would.
No. I would not.

Meanwhile I grieve for my dogs. THEY were my non human family. They didn't beat me nor betray me, nor call me names or tell me I'm stupid on a daily basis. They loved me with all their being and the feeling was mutual. Havng to put them down..each time it killed a piece of my heart. All are gone now, and I said no more. But then Evie found me (feral cat, or cat some one dumped) and I adopted her. Or rather, she adopted me. Alas, she has feline leukemia, so no telling how long she will last. And again, when it hits her hard, I will have to do it again...sending her over rainbow bridge. I told her she would be my last I had to do that for. And I meant it.

Every time i get chest pains (which happens alot), I wonder "is it time I get to go too? I can finally be with those who I miss so much?".....and then I get better much to my dismay. Yes, there is someplace better. And my furkids are there waiting.

I don't have family.

Come on, we all would.
No. I would not.

Meanwhile I grieve for my dogs. THEY were my non human family. They didn't beat me nor betray me, nor call me names or tell me I'm stupid on a daily basis. They loved me with all their being and the feeling was mutual. Havng to put them down..each time it killed a piece of my heart. All are gone now, and I said no more. But then Evie found me (feral cat, or cat some one dumped) and I adopted her. Or rather, she adopted me. Alas, she has feline leukemia, so no telling how long she will last. And again, when it hits her hard, I will have to do it again...sending her over rainbow bridge. I told her she would be my last I had to do that for. And I meant it.

Every time i get chest pains (which happens alot), I wonder "is it time I get to go too? I can finally be with those who I miss so much?".....and then I get better much to my dismay. Yes, there is someplace better. And my furkids are there waiting.
You realize I was joking, right?

Anyhew, God bless Gracie. And view the pain of losing them as a beautiful thing instead of a bad thing. After all, the more you hurt when they leave the more you realize how much you loved them.

Conversely, pick any cookie cutter sociopathic world leader today like Putin. If they died who would care? No one would care. In fact, many would be happy. That is the saddest part of life of all.

I haven't lost anyone in my adult life.

My father died when I was 8 from complications of alcoholism I really didn't know him as he was the classic deadbeat dad.
My mother overdosed when I was 14. She was a junkie for years. I was better off without them.

but there is a song I like about loss and the importance of loving in the present

Forum List

Back