'Loss of hope': Idaho hospitals crushed by COVID-19 surge

They are providing only "comfort care" because they are stretched so thin by covid patients.

People are dying ...for lack of available CARE.

It’s official - crisis care only in Idaho. I will probably have to postpone my knee (painful) surgery in Boise in 2 weeks. Sad, they haven’t even hit 40% in vax. Right on par with idiot southern states. :(

There's no emergency authority in the Constitution.

Wow you seemed to forget that when trump was president.

In fact I'm pretty sure you were one of the trump people who defended trump when he proclaimed the border was an emergency then stole billions from the military to build his wall that he said Mexico would pay for and he only ended up building a few miles of new wall too.

But now when over 600 thousand Americans are dead, you claim that the constitution gives no emergency authority.

Can you say hypocrisy?

I know I can.

What would make you say that? 80% of Californians are vaccinated, and look how great they're doing even with all their illegals.

Didn't read your own link, didja.

New cases have spiked particularly at hospitals in communities with lower vaccination rates, Vollmer said, and patients are skewing younger as many older Californians have been immunized.

[snip]

California’s per capita rate of hospitalizations — surging from about 7 per 100,000 people two weeks ago to about 14 now — is substantially lower than the national rate of 19 per 100,000.

[snip]

“If we can get people to mask indoors, get tested when they feel sick and emphasize vaccination…we should see hospitalizations peak over the next week or two.”

WoW - I like the health system in Idaho. I like all my docs which is why I go back there from Oregon and why I’d planned on another trip week after next. Looks like I may have to reconsider.

• A doctor who called the COVID-19 vaccine "needle rape" made it to one of Idaho's top health boards.
  • Dr Ryan Cole, a pathologist with no public health experience, was championed by the GOP.
  • His victory came as Idaho was overrun with severe COVID-19 cases, its lowest ebb in the pandemic.

Natural immunity and Horse medication.....

1631858852613.jpeg

Wow you seemed to forget that when trump was president.

In fact I'm pretty sure you were one of the trump people who defended trump when he proclaimed the border was an emergency then stole billions from the military to build his wall that he said Mexico would pay for and he only ended up building a few miles of new wall too.

But now when over 600 thousand Americans are dead, you claim that the constitution gives no emergency authority.

Can you say hypocrisy?

I know I can.
Securing the borders is literally the government's constitutional duty. Have you even read the Constitution??

Feel free to show the article, amendment, or clause that gives the government "emergency power". We'll wait!

Securing the borders is literally the government's constitutional duty. Have you even read the Constitution??

Feel free to show the article, amendment, or clause that gives the government "emergency power". We'll wait!
I can give you the SCOTUS case that ruled it Constitutional

Jacobson v Massachusetts 1905

I can give you the SCOTUS case that ruled it Constitutional

Jacobson v Massachusetts 1905
That decision said that states legislatures have the power to pass laws mandating vaccines, not presidential executive orders.

Idaho is the fourth least vaccinated state behind only Mississippi, Alabama and Wyoming. Sent this story to all my Idaho friends reminding them (whether vaxed or not) not to get sick, have a heart attack, a stroke, or an accident.

They are fresh out of beds at St Luke's and St Al's - the two largest hospitals in Idaho. And this is true even in Boise, where vax rates are much higher than they are in the rest of the state.

BOISE, Idaho (AP) — The intensive care rooms at St. Luke's Boise Medical Center are full, each a blinking jungle of tubes, wires and mechanical breathing machines. The patients nestled inside are a lot alike: All unvaccinated, mostly middle-aged or younger, reliant on life support and locked in a silent struggle against COVID-19.​
But watch for a moment, and glimpses of who they were before the coronavirus become clear.​
Artfully inked tattoos cover the tanned forearm of a man in his 30s. An expectant mother's slightly swollen belly is briefly revealed as a nurse adjusts her position. The young woman is five months pregnant and hooked to a breathing machine.​
Down the hall, another pregnant woman, just 24 and on a ventilator, is lying prone — on top of her developing fetus — to get more air into her ravaged lungs.​
Idaho hit a grim COVID-19 trifecta this week, reaching record numbers of emergency room visits, hospitalizations and ICU patients. Medical experts say the deeply conservative state will likely see 30,000 new infections a week by mid-September.​
With a critical shortage of hospital beds and staff and one of the nation's lowest vaccination rates, Idaho health providers are growing desperate and preparing to follow crisis standards of care, which call for giving scarce resources to patients most likely to survive.​
St. Luke's Boise Medical Center invited The Associated Press into its restricted ICUs this week in hopes that sharing the dire reality would prompt people to change their behavior.​

Continued:

LOL

You are uneducated on the topics of bleach and dewormers.
I don't trust the science behind the vaccines, and all the world's doctors and scientists with all those big degrees and knowledge are lying about it. They are full of shit.

I'm going to deworm myself instead. Because Carlson Tucker.

It said state legislatures. It didn't say executive orders. You can't just add EO's because you want to.
Nope

"
Justice John Marshall Harlan delivered the decision for a 7–2 majority that the Massachusetts law did not violate the Fourteenth Amendment.[2] The Court held that "in every well ordered society charged with the duty of conserving the safety of its members the rights of the individual in respect of his liberty may at times, under the pressure of great dangers, be subjected to such restraint, to be enforced by reasonable regulations, as the safety of the general public may demand" and that "[r]eal liberty for all could not exist under the operation of a principle which recognizes the right of each individual person to use his own [liberty], whether in respect of his person or his property, regardless of the injury that may be done to others."[2]

Furthermore, the Court held that mandatory vaccinations are neither arbitrary nor oppressive so long as they do not "go so far beyond what was reasonably required for the safety of the public".[2] In Massachusetts, with smallpox being "prevalent and increasing in Cambridge", the regulation in question was "necessary in order to protect the public health and secure the public safety".[2]"

Forum List

Back