'Loss of hope': Idaho hospitals crushed by COVID-19 surge

Rather than putting more millions of taxpaper $'s into helping these states full of people who refuse to get the vaccination, we should be making it mandatory. You can't go anywhere without it: no stores, no work, no restaurants, no nothing. Make people suffer if they won't get it. No unemployment either. Nothing. Force them to get it. It isn't the responsibility of the entire nation of taxpayers to help out people who refuse to do what anyone with common sense would do.

I guess you have no idea you live in a constitutional Republic, huh?

As long as communist democrats keep the buses filled with diseased illegals coming from the border none of this will change and it will only get worse.

What would make you say that? 80% of Californians are vaccinated, and look how great they're doing even with all their illegals.

I guess you have no idea you live in a constitutional Republic, huh?

I guess you have no idea that there is nothing in the Constitution to keep the government from instituting regulations when it comes to danger to the public health.

Last edited:
Have you seen how that's working out in France? Truckers in Australia just shut down the whole country.
It is in fact working in France. Those opposing the new restrictions are a tiny minority. As of July 19th in France:

HEALTH PASS​

You must present a health pass to access leisure and culture venues and events bringing together more than 50 people.
From early August, you will also need to present a pass in bars, restaurants, malls, hospitals (except if you are admitted for urgent care), retirement homes, residential care homes, and for long-distance travel by plane, train or coach. For campsites, and other holiday accommodation you will need to present a pass once, on arrival.

Oh, and in case you didn't realize, and it seems you didn't, France and Australia are not even on the same continent.

Rather than putting more millions of taxpaper $'s into helping these states full of people who refuse to get the vaccination, we should be making it mandatory. You can't go anywhere without it: no stores, no work, no restaurants, no nothing. Make people suffer if they won't get it. No unemployment either. Nothing. Force them to get it. It isn't the responsibility of the entire nation of taxpayers to help out people who refuse to do what anyone with common sense would do.
Another Nazi comes out of the woodwork. My body my choice. Don’t t like it? Tough. I’ll do what I want when I want and you’ll do nothing but throw a tantrum as I laugh at you.

Another Nazi comes out of the woodwork. My body my choice. Don’t t like it? Tough. I’ll do what I want when I want and you’ll do nothing but throw a tantrum as I laugh at you.
There is nothing Nazi about it. Restricting abortions is Nazi. But restricting behavior that is a risk to public health is not.

"The areas of public health responsibility include (1) assuring an adequate local public health infrastructure, (2) promoting healthy communities and healthy behaviors, (3) preventing the spread of communicable disease, (4) protecting against environmental health hazards, (5) preparing for and responding to emergencies, and (6) assuring health services. You can find more information on public health activities relating to these areas online." dept of health

ABA: "Under the U.S. Constitution’s 10th Amendment and U.S. Supreme Court decisions over nearly 200 years, state governments have the primary authority to control the spread of dangerous diseases within their jurisdictions. The 10th Amendment, which gives states all powers not specifically given to the federal government, allows them the authority to take public health emergency actions, such as setting quarantines and business restrictions."

If Idaho and other states do not want to institute laws to limit the spread of communicable disease, they should not call on the Federal taxpayer to pay for the health care of their citizens. I live in a state next door to Idaho. Idaho is very conservative politically. Lots of yahoos. They don't have strong controls regarding the spread of Covid 19. Now they are in a great deal of trouble. My state is doing pretty well because we do have good restrictions. It's too bad for Idaho, but they asked for it.

Last edited:
There is nothing Nazi about it. Restricting abortions is Nazi. But restricting behavior that is a risk to public health is not.

"The areas of public health responsibility include (1) assuring an adequate local public health infrastructure, (2) promoting healthy communities and healthy behaviors, (3) preventing the spread of communicable disease, (4) protecting against environmental health hazards, (5) preparing for and responding to emergencies, and (6) assuring health services. You can find more information on public health activities relating to these areas online." dept of health

ABA: "Under the U.S. Constitution’s 10th Amendment and U.S. Supreme Court decisions over nearly 200 years, state governments have the primary authority to control the spread of dangerous diseases within their jurisdictions. The 10th Amendment, which gives states all powers not specifically given to the federal government, allows them the authority to take public health emergency actions, such as setting quarantines and business restrictions."

If Idaho and other states do not want to institute laws to limit the spread of communicable disease, they should not call on the Federal taxpayer to pay for the health care of their citizens. I live in a state next door to Idaho. Idaho is very conservative politically. Lots of yahoos. They don't have strong controls regarding the spread of Covid 19. Now they are in a great deal of trouble. My state is doing pretty well because we do have good restrictions. It's too bad for Idaho, but they asked for it.
Wrong as usual. Lockdowns have already been deemed illegal. Now crying about the LEGAL Texas abortion law. Pathetic. Yes you are a Nazi. I don’t give a rats ass what you think of what I or my kids do. We’ll do what we we want when we want and you’ll do nothing but cry and lie and demand Nazi style restrictions on people. Thankfully idiots like you have ZERO influence on my decisions. Too bad nobody believes your rantings since blue states are at the top of the list for Covid problems.

Idaho is the fourth least vaccinated state behind only Mississippi, Alabama and Wyoming. Sent this story to all my Idaho friends reminding them (whether vaxed or not) not to get sick, have a heart attack, a stroke, or an accident.

They are fresh out of beds at St Luke's and St Al's - the two largest hospitals in Idaho. And this is true even in Boise, where vax rates are much higher than they are in the rest of the state.

BOISE, Idaho (AP) — The intensive care rooms at St. Luke's Boise Medical Center are full, each a blinking jungle of tubes, wires and mechanical breathing machines. The patients nestled inside are a lot alike: All unvaccinated, mostly middle-aged or younger, reliant on life support and locked in a silent struggle against COVID-19.​
But watch for a moment, and glimpses of who they were before the coronavirus become clear.​
Artfully inked tattoos cover the tanned forearm of a man in his 30s. An expectant mother's slightly swollen belly is briefly revealed as a nurse adjusts her position. The young woman is five months pregnant and hooked to a breathing machine.​
Down the hall, another pregnant woman, just 24 and on a ventilator, is lying prone — on top of her developing fetus — to get more air into her ravaged lungs.​
Idaho hit a grim COVID-19 trifecta this week, reaching record numbers of emergency room visits, hospitalizations and ICU patients. Medical experts say the deeply conservative state will likely see 30,000 new infections a week by mid-September.​
With a critical shortage of hospital beds and staff and one of the nation's lowest vaccination rates, Idaho health providers are growing desperate and preparing to follow crisis standards of care, which call for giving scarce resources to patients most likely to survive.​
St. Luke's Boise Medical Center invited The Associated Press into its restricted ICUs this week in hopes that sharing the dire reality would prompt people to change their behavior.​

Continued:

Wow every one of those patients didn't get vaccinated.

I'm not surprised.

While there are breakthrough infections to those vaccinated, most of them don't end up in the hospital fighting for their lives and dying.

Yet I'm sure the far right idiots will put up articles of the few vaccinated who do end up in the hospital or do die as some sort of justification to not be vaccinated or that the vaccine doesn't work.

I refuse to lose my humanity though this. I don't want people to be sick. I don't want people to die. I don't want children to be left without a parent or without both parents.

I believe in choice so I don't like mandates.

I wish people would get vaccinated to stop all this suffering and death.

Wrong as usual. Lockdowns have already been deemed illegal. Now crying about the LEGAL Texas abortion law. Pathetic. Yes you are a Nazi. I don’t give a rats ass what you think of what I or my kids do. We’ll do what we we want when we want and you’ll do nothing but cry and lie and demand Nazi style restrictions on people. Thankfully idiots like you have ZERO influence on my decisions. Too bad nobody believes your rantings since blue states are at the top of the list for Covid problems.
Nah. She wants to see riots from coast to coast with the bodies of the vaccinated stacked on street corners.

Wow every one of those patients didn't get vaccinated.

I'm not surprised.

While there are breakthrough infections to those vaccinated, most of them don't end up in the hospital fighting for their lives and dying.

Yet I'm sure the far right idiots will put up articles of the few vaccinated who do end up in the hospital or do die as some sort of justification to not be vaccinated or that the vaccine doesn't work.

I refuse to lose my humanity though this. I don't want people to be sick. I don't want people to die. I don't want children to be left without a parent or without both parents.

I believe in choice so I don't like mandates.

I wish people would get vaccinated to stop all this suffering and death.
You believe people should make their own decisions. Just as long as they decide to do what you want them to do.

As far as the Constitution, lockdowns are not unconstitutional. Where do you get your information?

"Moreover, older Americans, including Baby Boomers, have higher vaccination rates. Baby Boomers probably know fewer unvaccinated people as 90.1% of Americans 65 and older have received at least one dose of the vaccine, compared with 59.7% of the overall U.S. population, according to the CDC’s COVID-19"

Milennials and younger are the ones letting the country down.

Actually red states are the one’s who’s hospitals are being overwelmed with Covid. Imagine that.

I guess you have no idea that there is nothing in the Constitution to keep the government from instituting regulations when it comes to danger to the public health.

Apparently there is as the government cannot make innocent people prisoners in their own home or forced to take experimental vaccines. Our Declaration of Independence guarantees us the right to life, liberty and the pursuit of happiness.

Rather than putting more millions of taxpaper $'s into helping these states full of people who refuse to get the vaccination, we should be making it mandatory. You can't go anywhere without it: no stores, no work, no restaurants, no nothing. Make people suffer if they won't get it. No unemployment either. Nothing. Force them to get it.

^^^From 15 days to flatten the curve to this. ^^^

What needs to happen cannot be spoken.

Apparently there is as the government cannot make innocent people prisoners in their own home or forced to take experimental vaccines. Our Declaration of Independence guarantees us the right to life, liberty and the pursuit of happiness.
The government has long had authority to impose quarentine… we’re just too young and too spoiled to remember those days. As far as I know, no one is being to take an experimental vaccine. Do you have anything else to make up?

The government has long had authority to impose quarentine… we’re just too young and too spoiled to remember those days. As far as I know, no one is being to take an experimental vaccine. Do you have anything else to make up?

My reply was in part to her earlier comment when she said this:

Forum List

Back