'Loss of hope': Idaho hospitals crushed by COVID-19 surge

DrLove

Diamond Member
Jun 15, 2016
Central Oregon Coast
Idaho is the fourth least vaccinated state behind only Mississippi, Alabama and Wyoming. Sent this story to all my Idaho friends reminding them (whether vaxed or not) not to get sick, have a heart attack, a stroke, or an accident.

They are fresh out of beds at St Luke's and St Al's - the two largest hospitals in Idaho. And this is true even in Boise, where vax rates are much higher than they are in the rest of the state.

BOISE, Idaho (AP) — The intensive care rooms at St. Luke's Boise Medical Center are full, each a blinking jungle of tubes, wires and mechanical breathing machines. The patients nestled inside are a lot alike: All unvaccinated, mostly middle-aged or younger, reliant on life support and locked in a silent struggle against COVID-19.​
But watch for a moment, and glimpses of who they were before the coronavirus become clear.​
Artfully inked tattoos cover the tanned forearm of a man in his 30s. An expectant mother's slightly swollen belly is briefly revealed as a nurse adjusts her position. The young woman is five months pregnant and hooked to a breathing machine.​
Down the hall, another pregnant woman, just 24 and on a ventilator, is lying prone — on top of her developing fetus — to get more air into her ravaged lungs.​
Idaho hit a grim COVID-19 trifecta this week, reaching record numbers of emergency room visits, hospitalizations and ICU patients. Medical experts say the deeply conservative state will likely see 30,000 new infections a week by mid-September.​
With a critical shortage of hospital beds and staff and one of the nation's lowest vaccination rates, Idaho health providers are growing desperate and preparing to follow crisis standards of care, which call for giving scarce resources to patients most likely to survive.​
St. Luke's Boise Medical Center invited The Associated Press into its restricted ICUs this week in hopes that sharing the dire reality would prompt people to change their behavior.​

Continued:

But the Republicans and anti-vaxxers know how to beat Covid by doing nothing.
As a very provax conserv, I wish anyone who uses the vax for poltical reasons get a severe life altering case of it and spread it to their entire family

But the Republicans and anti-vaxxers know how to beat Covid by doing nothing.

Yeah, the old Scott Atlas/ Donnie Dotard herd immunity thing. I guess that would work eventually, assuming we could double or triple the number of hospitals and ER workers within a month or so.

Better build more refrigerated mortuary trailers too. I heard that most of those were currently being used in the Deep South.

Either that, or we could start scooping folks up off the streets and make Soylent Green Hamberders out of 'em. :rolleyes-41:

da9.jpg

As long as communist democrats keep the buses filled with diseased illegals coming from the border none of this will change and it will only get worse.
Perhaps you didn't hear that the talking point has changed. Illegals ain't the problem. It's now the fault of The Negro. Did you miss the memo?

In actuality or course, the problem is mask and vax Karens.

They made their bed and now its unavailable here at time they must lie in it.

If FEMA wasn't busy down on the gulf coast I'd be wondering where they're at in regards to helping to alleviate matters? Sure seems by now we should have M*A*S*H type units to deal with these temporary hospital bed shortages.

If FEMA wasn't busy down on the gulf coast I'd be wondering where they're at in regards to helping to alleviate matters? Sure seems by now we should have M*A*S*H type units to deal with these temporary hospital bed shortages.
Rather than putting more millions of taxpaper $'s into helping these states full of people who refuse to get the vaccination, we should be making it mandatory. You can't go anywhere without it: no stores, no work, no restaurants, no nothing. Make people suffer if they won't get it. No unemployment either. Nothing. Force them to get it. It isn't the responsibility of the entire nation of taxpayers to help out people who refuse to do what anyone with common sense would do.

Actually, Idaho Governor Brad Little just called up the National Guard. But you bring up a great point. Climate change causing extreme weather events and forest fires is exacerbating the problem. We just ain't got enough pop up tents, Guardsmen, nurses, docs, firefighters, etc etc to be everywhere at once.

Rather than putting more millions of taxpaper $'s into helping these states full of people who refuse to get the vaccination, we should be making it mandatory. You can't go anywhere without it: no stores, no work, no restaurants, no nothing. Make people suffer if they won't get it. No unemployment either. Nothing. Force them to get it. It isn't the responsibility of the entire nation of taxpayers to help out people who refuse to do what anyone with common sense would do.

Thankfully, that is already happening in some places - And we're about to see more of it. I agree wholeheartedly though. Raise their insurance rates too.

Have you seen how that's working out in France? Truckers in Australia just shut down the whole country.

You mean, like you?
Look you son of a bitch. It is none of my business who is vaxed or not. Want to risk dying unvaxed, ohhhhh well you lost

Goanna get a cold if you are vaxed oh well

What you mother fucking libturds did with this Covid censoring of true info not to get a prez elected again is so disgusting you should all be round up and shot Stalin style for the misery. The lock ups and misery and destruction you selfish bastards caused

Now go fuck your horse in the ass Jack

Look you son of a bitch. It is none of my business who is vaxed or not. Want to risk dying unvaxed, ohhhhh well you lost

Goanna get a cold if you are vaxed oh well

What you mother fucking libturds did with this Covid censoring of true info not to get a prez elected again is so disgusting you should all be round up and shot Stalin style for the misery. The lock ups and misery and destruction you selfish bastards caused

Now go fuck your horse in the ass Jack
Just suck on a tube of Ivermectin in the handy horse sized squeeze tube and everything will be just fine, whoa there Nelly...

Idaho is the fourth least vaccinated state behind only Mississippi, Alabama and Wyoming. Sent this story to all my Idaho friends reminding them (whether vaxed or not) not to get sick, have a heart attack, a stroke, or an accident.

They are fresh out of beds at St Luke's and St Al's - the two largest hospitals in Idaho. And this is true even in Boise, where vax rates are much higher than they are in the rest of the state.

BOISE, Idaho (AP) — The intensive care rooms at St. Luke's Boise Medical Center are full, each a blinking jungle of tubes, wires and mechanical breathing machines. The patients nestled inside are a lot alike: All unvaccinated, mostly middle-aged or younger, reliant on life support and locked in a silent struggle against COVID-19.​
But watch for a moment, and glimpses of who they were before the coronavirus become clear.​
Artfully inked tattoos cover the tanned forearm of a man in his 30s. An expectant mother's slightly swollen belly is briefly revealed as a nurse adjusts her position. The young woman is five months pregnant and hooked to a breathing machine.​
Down the hall, another pregnant woman, just 24 and on a ventilator, is lying prone — on top of her developing fetus — to get more air into her ravaged lungs.​
Idaho hit a grim COVID-19 trifecta this week, reaching record numbers of emergency room visits, hospitalizations and ICU patients. Medical experts say the deeply conservative state will likely see 30,000 new infections a week by mid-September.​
With a critical shortage of hospital beds and staff and one of the nation's lowest vaccination rates, Idaho health providers are growing desperate and preparing to follow crisis standards of care, which call for giving scarce resources to patients most likely to survive.​
St. Luke's Boise Medical Center invited The Associated Press into its restricted ICUs this week in hopes that sharing the dire reality would prompt people to change their behavior.​

Continued:

Yeah, as many responsible vaccinated people have discovered, much to their chagrin I should add, if a relative has a serious non covid-related health event which could be effectively threated but, in order to do so, it requires hospitalization in an ICU bed, that person will likely find himself with what is, in effect, a death sentence because most of the ICU beds are occupied by unvaccinated Covid patients, In such a situation, I could see myself strongly arguing that the unvaccinated Covid patients should be sent home to fend for themselves in order to open an ICU bed for my father or mother.

Yeah, as many responsible vaccinated people have discovered, much to their chagrin I should add, if a relative has a serious non covid-related health event which could be effectively threated but, in order to do so, it requires hospitalization in an ICU bed, that person will likely find himself with what is, in effect, a death sentence because most of the ICU beds are occupied by unvaccinated Covid patients, In such a situation, I could see myself strongly arguing that the unvaccinated Covid patients should be sent home to fend for themselves in order to open an ICU bed for my father or mother.

Yep, get vaxed or stay the hell home until we have enough ER beds to accommodate heart attacks, strokes, accidents, etc etc etc for non-COVID patients!

It really makes me feel bad that I find my self agreeing with you.

Forum List

Back