Losing the popular vote really brings down Trump's victory

Trump had fewer votes than Romney (how does that happen?). Trump lost the popular vote. It's impressive he won and all, but honestly it feels more like Hillary lost rather than Trump won.

Yea, we're really losing sleep over it.

It's amazing how much liberals whine about the electoral vote. They act as if the election was nation wide popular vote, the numbers would be the same. The fact is if it was a national popular vote, many more conservatives would be voting in the deep blue states that normally don't even bother. If you look at the national map of districts, it's a sea of red with a few blueberries.

The electoral college is working as intended. It prevents a few states from determining the election if there is mass turnout in them versus low turnout in others, which would over represent those states and under represent others.

More people voted for Trump than obama. But, at this point you will undoubtedly cling to anything to make yourself feel better.
Dude, that is simply not true.

Obama got nearly 70 million votes in 2008 and 66 million in 2012.

Trump got about 56 million.

Trump would have won the ELECTORAL COLLEGE count, yes, but not the popular vote.

Trump had fewer votes than Romney (how does that happen?). Trump lost the popular vote. It's impressive he won and all, but honestly it feels more like Hillary lost rather than Trump won.

I'll tell you how Trump got less votes than Romney. BOTH candidates got squeezed by a strong 3rd party showing. Averaged about 4 to 5% in most states. These 2 clowns barely broke 48% in tight races.

And the anomaly on the Pop. vote is really nothing. It's about the size of ONE medium American city.

It's not like it has never happened this way before. We go by the Electoral, not the popular vote. So the popular vote is moot.

I am so darn sick of seeing that insulting degrading word here.

But he won most of the country. Take a look at the maps at this link. She had way fewer states and far fewer counties. If the winning would be based on the popular vote, the whole country would ruled by only a handful of states and handful of counties. Mostly urban. Dictating to most of country. Mob rule.

But he won most of the country. Take a look at the maps at this link. She had way fewer states and far fewer counties. If the winning would be based on the popular vote, the whole country would ruled by only a handful of states and handful of counties. Mostly urban. Dictating to most of country. Mob rule.

The leftist love mob rule and Gary Johnson took 3% of the vote from Trump

No "pussy". I wonder how many of you guys talk about your mom's pussy like that.
Hey, my Mom is a saint; she aint got no pussy!

/jk

Kat, you do know that guys talk that shit when the gals arent around all the time, right?

There is a Sacred Ring of Trust and Confidence to never let the ladies hear it though, and if a guy does slip up and get exposed for the "pussy" abuser that he jokes about being, then he is shunned and pronounced Anathema by all the members of said Secret Society.

Seriously. We have the bloody handshake, secret signals, hidden vault meeting rooms, the whole 9 yards.

I am so darn sick of seeing that insulting degrading word here.
Democrat?

No "pussy". I wonder how many of you guys talk about your mom's pussy like that. You walk in the door and say ''hey how's your pussy.....want me to grab it??"
Seriously enough is enough.

If someone said that to their mom, I would say their problems are far worse than just saying bad words. Lol.

No "pussy". I wonder how many of you guys talk about your mom's pussy like that.
Hey, my Mom is a saint; she aint got no pussy!

/jk

Kat, you do know that guys talk that shit when the gals arent around all the time, right?

There is a Sacred Ring of Trust and Confidence to never let the ladies hear it though, and if a guy does slip up and get exposed for the "pussy" abuser that he jokes about being, then he is shunned and pronounced Anathema by all the members of said Secret Society.

Seriously. We have the bloody handshake, secret signals, hidden vault meeting rooms, the whole 9 yards.

LOL no. I have never been around guys talking like that. Just remember we are all sisters mothers and daughters.

• Thanks
Reactions: Kat
What you guys are mad about is that Trump outsmarted Clinton. He knew how to work the electoral college system and his strategy worked out fine. He's a smart man and he did it legitimately, without using smears, slander, and false allegations. Didn't have the media feeding him the debate questions ahead of time or putting out bogus polls to affect voter turnout. Face it, Trump was the better candidate, and it illustrates that he'll also know how to outsmart our adversaries. Deal with it.

If someone said that to their mom, I would say their problems are far worse than just saying bad words. Lol.

When I got back from 2 years in Germany as an 11B in 1979, I noticed my Mom was upset with me, nearly all the time. I asked her boyfriend at the time why she was, and he said "Well you have been saying M#$%#% F$%^$%^ this and that nonstop since you got home."

I had no idea I was talking that way, not at all. It was just how infantrymen talked in the barracks, at lest back then. Maybe the PC police have cleaned all that up, but I highly doubt it.

What Trump said in that tape was not even on the same scale that we heard from each other day in and day out. I laughed out loud, literally, when I heard about it.

I can tell folks some really disgusting shit that will make your hair stand up if you want, but Trump is nothing, trust me on that.

The last time a republican idiot won the White House without the consent of the majority, we had 8 years of absolute disaster including the greatest attack on American soil in history, a total economic collapse, and the sending of thousands and thousands of our soldiers to die for nothing.

And now, they've done it again with even more gusto. God help us.

A lot of presidents were worse, despite winning the popular vote and being well liked.

Still, I do not question that his influence will be heavily undermined for losing the popular vote. He is going to be torn to shreds by his own side worse quicker and more severe than the Bush administration.

Forum List

Back