Los Angeles traffic insanity

Lucy Hamilton

Diamond Member
Oct 30, 2015
So I have just had a random flashback to when I went to visit some friends in Benedict Canyon, Los Angeles.

The flight was Wien to Heathrow London to Los Angeles LAX, California = 14 hours.

Okay the above flight = Wien to London 1.470 km = 914 miles + London to Los Angeles, LAX = 8.769 km = 5.449 miles so in total = 10.239 km = 6.363 miles = 14 hours.

The drive from LAX to friends in Benedict Canyon approx 26 km = 16 miles and this take approx 4 hours because of traffic. WTF?!

1593290174768.png

In my next segment I will announce why Delta Airline is my most HATED airline on the PLANET.

So I have just had a random flashback to when I went to visit some friends in Benedict Canyon, Los Angeles.

The flight was Wien to Heathrow London to Los Angeles LAX, California = 14 hours.

Okay the above flight = Wien to London 1.470 km = 914 miles + London to Los Angeles, LAX = 8.769 km = 5.449 miles so in total = 10.239 km = 6.363 miles = 14 hours.

The drive from LAX to friends in Benedict Canyon approx 26 km = 16 miles and this take approx 4 hours because of traffic. WTF?!

View attachment 355929

In my next segment I will announce why Delta Airline is my most HATED airline on the PLANET.
Gawd almighty. I live in an area where the av commute to work is 25 min. There is no way in hell I'd make it there. Other than not being a fruitcake

View attachment 355929

Wow! ANOTHER reminder that I'm SO glad I don't live in Southern California. I hope you and kidlet #6 are doing well, there in Austria, Lucy.

• Banned
Have you tried NYC yet? I have yet to find an airline as nice as they were in the 1980's with complementary booze and smoking..

NYC = New York City? Weird to think they used to allow smoking, you can still have booze but I always ONLY have coffee and water on planes.

Have you tried NYC yet? I have yet to find an airline as nice as they were in the 1980's with complementary booze and smoking..

NYC = New York City? Weird to think they used to allow smoking, you can still have booze but I always ONLY have coffee and water on planes.
They would give you little bottles they sell now at super markets, and peanuts.

• Banned

View attachment 355929

Wow! ANOTHER reminder that I'm SO glad I don't live in Southern California. I hope you and kidlet #6 are doing well, there in Austria, Lucy.

Thanks! Yes we are doing okay. No Southern California is GREAT, whenever I have been there though I NEVER go into Downtown Los Angeles because it's CRAP and the traffic is TERRIBLE, only do that to go to the airport. Once you get into the mountains and the canyons it's GREAT, some wonderful places. We will soon buy a house in Benedict Canyon and then can stay for about a month a year and visit friends etc Also have friends in Lake Arrowhead, again a nice area. Also have friends in Northern California this Walnut Creek and also some in Lake Tahoe but on the Nevada side of that Lake not the California side.

I haven't flown since the hot stewardess and cocktail days.
Bush really fucked that up good!
No I flew one time after that..but when I went to CA it took 5 hours from here.
1 hr layover in Atlanta and had to walk to the other end..like over 1/4 mile.

Flew in at Ontario. Our relatives picked us up.
2nd to last time I flew.

Last edited:

View attachment 355929

Thanks! Yes we are doing okay. No Southern California is GREAT, whenever I have been there though I NEVER go into Downtown Los Angeles because it's CRAP and the traffic is TERRIBLE, only do that to go to the airport. Once you get into the mountains and the canyons it's GREAT, some wonderful places. We will soon buy a house in Benedict Canyon and then can stay for about a month a year and visit friends etc Also have friends in Lake Arrowhead, again a nice area. Also have friends in Northern California this Walnut Creek and also some in Lake Tahoe but on the Nevada side of that Lake not the California side.
Good to hear you're doing OK. And I was referring to the large cities in Southern California, not the mountains and canyons.

View attachment 355929

Good to hear you're doing OK. And I was referring to the large cities in Southern California, not the mountains and canyons.

Oh okay yes the large cities. No. Benedict Canyon area is very beautiful, we have this Christophe Choo who is going to get a house for us, we want an OLDER house not one of these new things, hopefully something from the 1920s one of those Spanish Colonial Revival houses (Google Bertram Goodhue and Carleton Winslow, they were famous Architects known for Spanish Colonial Revival) but to illustrate how nice it all is the below video, Christophe does his driving tours around that whole area and puts them on YouTube. The below he begin at Sunset Boulevard and goes into Benedict Canyon and into San Ysidro, the Benedict Canyon part begin at 3 minutes 30 seconds.

First here is Screen Shot at 3 minutes 50 seconds, isn't this beautiful, look at the beautiful trees:

1593292820755.png

There also other very beautiful things like the Pacific Coast Highway, that's a lovely drive in the auto. The below video TERRIBLE MUSIC, turn the sound DOWN, the duration is 5 minutes and 57 seconds:

View attachment 355929

Oh okay yes the large cities. No. Benedict Canyon area is very beautiful, we have this Christophe Choo who is going to get a house for us, we want an OLDER house not one of these new things, hopefully something from the 1920s one of those Spanish Colonial Revival houses (Google Bertram Goodhue and Carleton Winslow, they were famous Architects known for Spanish Colonial Revival) but to illustrate how nice it all is the below video, Christophe does his driving tours around that whole area and puts them on YouTube. The below he begin at Sunset Boulevard and goes into Benedict Canyon and into San Ysidro, the Benedict Canyon part begin at 3 minutes 30 seconds.

First here is Screen Shot at 3 minutes 50 seconds, isn't this beautiful, look at the beautiful trees:

View attachment 355944

There also other very beautiful things like the Pacific Coast Highway, that's a lovely drive in the auto. The below video TERRIBLE MUSIC, turn the sound DOWN, the duration is 5 minutes and 57 seconds:

QUITE beautiful.

Too bad the earth doesn't shake off the liberal whacks there and make California Great again.

bummer..........The place is now diseased with the liberal minds there..........The entire state should be QUARANTINED

View attachment 355929

View attachment 355944

QUITE beautiful.

Yes and also Mr. Lucy and Kid A with their mountain bikes, many nice bike trails in the canyon. You NEVER need to go Downtown at ALL, there are grocery places and restaurants and everything you need all up there in the hills.

My first introduction to Pacific Coast Highway was via film, it features in the Clint Eastwood film "Play Misty For Me" (1971) most famous scenes of it the opening credits, the PCH part starts at 2 minutes and 18 seconds in, Clint Eastwood's car in the film is a 1957 Jaguar XK 150 Drophead Coupé.

^^^^ The film is GREAT if you have never seen it.

The 1957 Jaguar XK 150 Drophead Coupé with the top up:

1593294832680.png

Here is another with the top down:

1593294947650.png

View attachment 355929

View attachment 355944

QUITE beautiful.

Yes and also Mr. Lucy and Kid A with their mountain bikes, many nice bike trails in the canyon. You NEVER need to go Downtown at ALL, there are grocery places and restaurants and everything you need all up there in the hills.

My first introduction to Pacific Coast Highway was via film, it features in the Clint Eastwood film "Play Misty For Me" (1971) most famous scenes of it the opening credits, the PCH part starts at 2 minutes and 18 seconds in, Clint Eastwood's car in the film is a 1957 Jaguar XK 150 Drophead Coupé.

View attachment 355960

View attachment 355961

I HAVE seen Play Misty For Me several times. It MAY be my favorite Clint Eastwood film.

Too bad the earth doesn't shake off the liberal whacks there and make California Great again.

bummer..........The place is now diseased with the liberal minds there..........The entire state should be QUARANTINED

Yes and yes because California IS beautiful, only the insane and evil would wanted to turn it into a Third World Shit Hole.

Yes and yes because California IS beautiful, only the insane and evil would wanted to turn it into a Third World Shit Hole.

Liberals aka communists are doing their best to do that.

View attachment 355929

View attachment 355944

QUITE beautiful.

View attachment 355960

View attachment 355961

I HAVE seen Play Misty For Me several times. It MAY be my favorite Clint Eastwood film.

Yes "Play Misty For Me" is very special.

I also LOVE "High Plains Drifter" (1973) and "Unforgiven" (1992) two excellent Revisionist Westerns Clint Eastwood directed.

The original Trailers:

View attachment 355929

Austria...?? ..do u mean Australia?
14hours vs 4hours.. I can't really see the problem.. the mathematical complexities of it.. the driving is shorter at 4 hours? Just enjoy the ride, take in the view, etc. take a chum (or friend in US speaking) and sound off about the joys of covid, etc..
:th_panties:

2012 is awwwwsome.. the ultimate disaster movie, it's so fun to watch, most of America is destroyed in it.
And poor Danny Glover, as the pres, is squashed flat in it, by the USS John F Kennedy I think, from memory!

View attachment 355929

View attachment 355944

QUITE beautiful.

View attachment 355960

View attachment 355961

I grew up in that area and did a lot of mountain biking off the PCH. California is great if you stay away from the shit holes.

Forum List

Back