Los Angeles PWNS Arizona energy threats..

Shogun

Free: Mudholes Stomped
Jan 8, 2007
General Manager's Statement Regarding
LADWP Power Generation Assets in Arizona

"I want to make clear that we support the City position regarding the recent law enacted in Arizona and the resolution adopted by the Los Angeles City Council.

On any given day, we receive 20 – 25% of our power from two power plants located in Arizona: Navajo, a coal-fired plant, and Palo Verde, a nuclear plant.

We are part owner of both power plants, which are generating assets of the Department. As such, nothing in the City’s resolution is inconsistent with our continuing to receive power from those LADWP-owned assets.

I might add that, as the City’s Job Czar, I certainly would welcome any conventions or meetings that were going to be held in Arizona to come to Los Angeles. We have fantastic facilities and incomparable weather and we’d welcome them to the City of Angels."

- Austin Beutner, General Manager, Los Angeles Department of Water and Power

General Manager's Statement Regarding LADWP Power Generation Assets in Arizona

Arizona says the californicators should man up, sell their share, and get the hell out of Arizona.. put their money and their lectricity where their big fat mouffs are so to speak.. :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

Arizona says the californicators should man up, sell their share, and get the hell out of Arizona.. put their money and their lectricity where their big fat mouffs are so to speak.. :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

It seems what Arizona SAYS and what Arizona CAN DO are two vastly different things. I guess it's time to sit the fuck back down and shut the fuck up again, eh willow?

No - what Arizona said, in part, was that if Los Angeles had such a complaint with doing business with Arizona to end its energy relationship with Arizona and go their own way.

Of course Los Angeles, teetering on total economic collapse due in part to the impacts of illegal immigration, has no ability to do so...

Arizona says the californicators should man up, sell their share, and get the hell out of Arizona.. put their money and their electricity where their big fat mouffs are so to speak.. :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

It seems what Arizona SAYS and what Arizona CAN DO are two vastly different things. I guess it's time to sit the fuck back down and shut the fuck up again, eh willow?

It seems you totally missed willowtree's point.

She is saying its time for California to put its money where its mouth is and sell their share in the AZ power plants if they are truly upset about this law.

You should possibly check your comprehension before jumping down people's throats, it makes you look like a hack in this specific instance.

No - what Arizona said, in part, was that if Los Angeles had such a complaint with doing business with Arizona to end its energy relationship with Arizona and go their own way.

Of course Los Angeles, teetering on total economic collapse due in part to the impacts of illegal immigration, has no ability to do so...

I guess there is more of a legal ramification of co-owning the very plants Arizona threatened to shut down than the impotent shit talking from AZ allows..

:eusa_whistle:

Arizona says the californicators should man up, sell their share, and get the hell out of Arizona.. put their money and their electricity where their big fat mouffs are so to speak.. :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

It seems you totally missed willowtree's point.

She is saying its time for California to put its money where its mouth is and sell their share in the AZ power plants if they are truly upset about this law.

You should possibly check your comprehension before jumping down people's throats, it makes you look like a hack in this specific instance.

Why should it? LA has access to the very energy that AZ threatened to pull AND the prerogative to continue with a boycott. Are you fucking retarded enough to think that some playground dare doesn't illustrate which state is talking from their knees?

:lol:

tell me more about hacks though...

:rofl:

:thup:

No! No! No! Do NOT take away the only thing she's got!

Arizona responds to L.A.'s boycott with offer to pull plug - May. 20, 2010

There is no threat from the commission to shut of any power. They merely state that if LA feels so strongly about not doing business with AZ they should feel free to find thier power anywhere.

And the stakes they own in the plants is 6% and 22% Respectively.

If LA truly felt that strongly about the law they should divest from the plants and find thier power elsewhere.

or, they can go ahead and keep on with their boycott knowing full well that laughable threats to cut off the lights are toothless

Arizona can and did show the californicators for the hypocrites they are, if they really want to boycott all Arizona products they need to sell out, buy their lectricy elsewhere or be the laughingstocks of the universe. :lol::lol:

Arizona can and did show the californicators for the hypocrites they are, if they really want to boycott all Arizona products they need to sell out, buy their lectricy elsewhere or be the laughingstocks of the universe. :lol::lol:

you go ahead and polish the turd if you need to. TRUST ME, it's pretty obvious which state is the laughing stock.

Forum List

Back