Los Angeles Homeless Man Punched Two People in the Face, But Was Cited and Released

Grown men stood around and watched. That's the real travesty in it. It happens way too often.

They were arrested.
What "they"? One man was cited and then released. No arrest was made.

My wish for you is someone dumps a bucket of diarrhea on your head just before punching you in the face.
We'll see how blase you are about assault after that.

They were arrested.

My wish for you is someone dumps a bucket of diarrhea on your head just before punching you in the face.

Internet tough guys are not impressive. For the vast majority of cases someone who hits someone does not get a jail sentence. We can't afford it. A fine and maybe community service.

Is a couple days in jail really a punishment for someone homeless? A nice bed and regular meals for a few days?

Many homeless are mentally ill. You want to pay up to build places to get them treatment?

Internet tough guys are not impressive.
Neither are the people who find senseless violence too mundane and boring to even comment about.

For the vast majority of cases someone who hits someone does not get a jail sentence. We can't afford it. A fine and maybe community service.
So you have the statistics to back that up...right?
In your sick world people can randomly assault others with little to no consequences. Your world is fucked up.

Is a couple days in jail really a punishment for someone homeless? A nice bed and regular meals for a few days?
Is fining someone with no money really a punishment?
Community service by the way is a joke. What if someone doesn't feel like picking up cigarette butts? What are ya' going to do? Give him more community service?

Many homeless are mentally ill. You want to pay up to build places to get them treatment?
I don't have a solution for LA. Neither do you. They are too far gone and apparently don't give a fuck!
They will only start to care when the tourists stop coming to town.

Neither are the people who find senseless violence too mundane and boring to even comment about.

For the vast majority of cases someone who hits someone does not get a jail sentence. We can't afford it. A fine and maybe community service.
In your sick world people can randomly assault others with little to no consequences. Your world is fucked up.

Community service by the way is a joke. What if someone doesn't feel like picking up cigarette butts? What are ya' going to do? Give him more community service?

I don't have a solution for LA. Neither do you. They are too far gone and apparently don't give a fuck!

No, this is how it is everywhere and will only continue to get worse.

Easy fix.

When somebody punches me in the face...I punch them in the face.

No cops or judges required! No liberal judge can take back the punch I delivered.

Not in my town, but I could see it in cities like Seattle, Portland, San Francisco, Los Angeles, Baltimore and Chicago.

The drug addicted and mentally ill homeless can commit any crime they like without fear of punishment.

Not in my town, but I could see it in cities like Seattle, Portland, San Francisco, Los Angeles, Baltimore and Chicago.

Not so. The growing homeless population is affecting more and more places and will continue to grow.

They were arrested.

Internet tough guys are not impressive. For the vast majority of cases someone who hits someone does not get a jail sentence. We can't afford it. A fine and maybe community service.

That depends on where you are on getting arrested for punching someone.

They were arrested.

That depends on where you are on getting arrested for punching someone.

Like in the face?

Not so. The growing homeless population is affecting more and more places and will continue to grow.

You said it everywhere and it isn’t. Thanks

They were arrested.

That is sad and eye opening. In the Midwest, if you had a mentally ill relative punch someone in public, they would indeed be arrested. I don't know what kind of sentence they would get, but knowing they would be arrested tends to keep it from happening regularly. It is also illegal in the Midwest for someone who is mentally ill to pitch a tent in front of a business downtown. There is no explosion in incarceration because people don't do these things because they know they will be arrested. This stuff didn't have to become normal in the West. What shocks me the most is that the public is onboard with this stuff, and it is not just a pointy headed official. Crap, needles, and crime. But it is ok, because they are mentally ill? Mentally ill people are perfectly capable of following the law. Life is difficult for them, but they are not children.

They were arrested.

That is sad and eye opening. In the Midwest, if you had a mentally ill relative punch someone in public, they would indeed be arrested. I don't know what kind of sentence they would get, but knowing they would be arrested tends to keep it from happening regularly. It is also illegal in the Midwest for someone who is mentally ill to pitch a tent in front of a business downtown. There is no explosion in incarceration because people don't do these things because they know they will be arrested. This stuff didn't have to become normal in the West. What shocks me the most is that the public is onboard with this stuff, and it is not just a pointy headed official. Crap, needles, and crime. But it is ok, because they are mentally ill? Mentally ill people are perfectly capable of following the law. Life is difficult for them, but they are not children.

It doesn't sound to me like you know what it is like to be mentally ill.

There are reports like this all over the country.

Last edited:
They were arrested.

It doesn't sound to me like you know what it is like to be mentally ill.

There are reports like this all over the country.

Be careful with assumptions, and please stop referring to the mentally ill as children, thanks.

Forum List

Back