Los Angeles fire : government out of control

Wolfstrike

Gold Member
Jan 12, 2012
Los Angeles
regarding the Colby fire in los angeles, Glendora California.

police arrested 3 men , two are 21 and one is 22.
they say they started a camp fire and were throwing papers in when the wind kicked up and spread the fire.
they tried to stomp it out but the fire went out of control so they ran away.

not only are they being charged with felony charges , but the government is considering charging them with arson.

welcome to the new America where legal words have changing meanings, and you never know when you're a hardcore felon.

they said, even though burning houses wasn't intentional, starting a campfire was intentional.

Last edited:

they say they started a camp fire and were throwing papers in when the wind kicked up and spread the fire.

not only are they being charged with felony charges , but the government is considering charging them with arson.

welcome to the new America where legal words have changing meanings, and you never know when you're a hardcore felon.

they said, even though burning houses wasn't intentional, starting a campfire was intentional.

Yeah, start a campfire on a windy day during a drought and whine when you get busted for burning down peoples homes. Brilliant!

It is called accountability. Anyone stupid enough to start a campfire under those conditions should be charged with arson. And if one of the firefighters is killed fighting the fire, they should be charged with, and serve time for, negligent homocide.

When idiocy and negligent action causes vast property loss to others, that idiocy is felonious.

It is called accountability. Anyone stupid enough to start a campfire under those conditions should be charged with arson. And if one of the firefighters is killed fighting the fire, they should be charged with, and serve time for, negligent homocide.

Agreed, specifically because they did not call 911 - they ran away. They put not getting caught above the safety of others. All they had to do was call 911.

It is called accountability. Anyone stupid enough to start a campfire under those conditions should be charged with arson.

What conditions?

CountiesMapNew.gif

They're criminally stupid, perhaps.

Sort of like driving drunk and smashing into somebody.

Your intention was not to hurt anyone, but you shoulda known better.

Agreed, specifically because they did not call 911 - they ran away. They put not getting caught above the safety of others. All they had to do was call 911.

and they denied starting the fire after they were caught in an area was not a designated camping spot .....something Wolf seemed to have left out....

Colby fire: Calmer winds expected Friday as crews make progress - latimes.com

When I first saw this thread, I saw the author and sort of rolled my eyes. Still I looked; I should have known better. Going out of town this weekend and am cleaning the Condo so I can come back to a clean home. Love it!

Anyway, the reason I'm responding is to perhaps take the thread in a different direction:

That conservative rag NPR did a story about the dwindling need for firefighters in California:

Episode 424: How Much Is A Firefighter Worth? : Planet Money : NPR

I encourage you to give it a listen and comment.

Basically, society has yet to strike a balance between the need for emergency responders and the costs of constant vigilance where you have to pay these men and women, sometimes for years, with no disaster taking place.

The link explains it well.

Have a good weekend and enjoy your holiday.

Forum List

Back