Loretta Lynn declares country music dead

Polka is going to make a comeback someday!

I swear ta god this really happened.

So I was driving around Connecticut --- Connecticut --- on I believe it was a Saturday morning, turned on the car radio, and there was polka all over the dial.

CONNECTICUT. :uhh:

In hindsight I'm thinking maybe there was a Sporadic E-skip going on and I was hearing radio from Wisaaaaaaaaaaahnsin.
Wouldn't be the first time.

Loretta Lynn is part of an excellent past era of country music. Things change. That's the way it goes. Instead of dissing current country artists she ought to sing. I'd rather listen to that.
Maybe Loretta is at the point to where she can't sing anymore and that right there is just it. Plenty of singers can't sing anymore because they are either no longer here at all or are just no longer able to which is why in my opinion it is so important to make sure that those who aren't out there anymore for whatever reason are NEVER forgotten about. I don't remember where the message was left for me, but I once got one from a person who told me to let my deceased favorites rest in peace. I was like, "As long as I am still here, they will do no such thing!" And they NEVER will, I love them that much.

God bless you and Loretta and my favorites who are still here always!!!

Holly

Like the deceased, Loretta can show us what she thinks country is by her previous recordings. God Bless you.

Ray Charles said in the 60s that country songs, with their schlocky world-weary narrative are like confessional soul ballads. Swamp Dogg is good at mining that intersection!

country music is all about a white man's problems, the same way soul is for blacks!

country music aint nothing like it used to be

Praise the heavens!

12124197_G.jpg

The apex of country music ...

And I ain't even got a garage. You can call home and ask my wife.

Loretta Lynn and her contemporaries weren't 'old school'; they were the Lounge Lizard' era of country music. Conway Twitty, George Jones, et al. White shoes and belts, polyester suits, and big cars.

Polka is going to make a comeback someday!

It never went away; listen to the Tejano and Norte Americano/Mexican stations and it's most of what you will hear, it just won't be in Polish. Selena did polkas, as does Jennie Rivera and a ton of latino bands. It's alive and doing well.

Forum List

Back