Looks Like No Hurricanes To Hit The USA This Year. Hmm, Was It Global Warming Again?

I overwinter near Sarasota. And am watching developments closely.
The residents of our condo building....both the Floridians and the snowbirds are all on our comm lines bucking each other up. Apprising each other of news. Most are moving cars away from the surge areas.

We all still recall Charlie and how it fretted us as it swung into the Gulf. We were sure we were the bullseye. Then it took a hard right and slammed into Puta Gorda. It was a W-H-E-W!!! moment.

As was Irma about 5 years ago. If I recall right it went in at Marco Island and then went up the peninsula to just east of Tampa.

This hurricane stuff is humbling if you have 'stuff' that could be lost, damaged, or ruined for years.

I live in Florida about 35 miles due east of Cape Canaveral where we can see rockets going up from my back yard. Lived in this area for over 50 years and I have only been in about 6 hurricanes but a bunch of tropical storms. I'm hoping we will dodge the wind damage here from Ian however they are predicting10 inches of rain in our county. Since I live next to the Econ River this may become a problem. There is no doubt there will be a lot of flooding along the St Johns River.

All you Floridians on the west coast need to evacuate and stay safe. Plenty of hotels around Disney to stay at.

Last edited:
And to think that we were in for a busy hurricane season with three major hurricanes predicted to hit the USA. It was some kind of weather/la nina/African winds that took out any potential storm formation coming off the coast that likely spared us in Florida/East Coast from a cat 3 or 4 this year.
So will we eventually hear from the loons that it was climate change that caused a "Zero Hurricane Season" for the USA?
And lets say we had five hurricanes this year hitting Florida/Georgia/Carolinas.
What would of been the cause of these five hurricanes according to liberals? :confused:
Looks like you spoke too soon...

Forum List

Back