Looks like McConnell wins again

I think Biden should attempt to compromise with Republicans. If that fails then he should negotiate with Democrats suspend the filibuster.

Biden is the best Democratic President Republicans could hope for

He has proven to be bipartisan for over 50 years and his first impulse will be to work with Republicans on compromise legislation.

However, if McConnell acts like he did with Obama and seeks to obstruct all legislation. Biden will have no choice but to let lose the hounds

I think Biden should attempt to compromise with Republicans. If that fails then he should negotiate with Democrats suspend the filibuster.

He has proven to be bipartisan for over 50 years and his first impulse will be to work with Republicans on compromise legislation.

However, if McConnell acts like he did with Obama and seeks to obstruct all legislation. Biden will have no choice but to let lose the hounds

Biden might compromise, but he's not going to be running the country; Whorris and AOC+3 will be. Why do you think you don't hear from them the past month or so? Prior to that, they were in the spotlight every single week.

I'm not sure how much the filibuster issue really has to do with Biden. I'm not posting an original thought in thinking Biden remembers a Senate that ceased to exist at least ten years ago. Maybe a couple of republicans would have crossed the aisle in Obama's first two years to approve of just expanding Medicare to cover the families at 130% of so of federal poverty level.

But we'd be kidding ourselves to think the gop would actually agree to MAKING insurance companies offer contracts to folks with preexisting conditions (even just being pregnant) or covering kids until they were 26 …. or Oh my God covering wellness services without making people first meet their deductables. (Oddly insurance companies would cover IUDs gladly - even for the XIANs - since that actually SAVES money)

And that's despite Obama having a mandate to enact universal coverage. And I'm no fan of what the Dems actually passed.

But Biden will be running the dem party if he wins. Schumer and Pelosi will both be on board with beginning the 2022 congressional races, and the 2024 election of day 2 of his presidency.

Last edited:

Biden might compromise, but he's not going to be running the country; Whorris and AOC+3 will be. Why do you think you don't hear from them the past month or so? Prior to that, they were in the spotlight every single week.
Biden is calling the shots
That is why you are not hearing Green New Deal and Medicare for all.

But if the McConnell Court overturns Obamacare and Roe v Wade .......Biden will not be able to hold them back.

But if the McConnell Court overturns Obamacare and Roe v Wade .......Biden will not be able to hold them back.
I hope the dems (assuming they win) pass laws REALLY making Obamacare a tax (just making uninsured pay an extra $5 to get "free wellness" or something) and pass a law explicitly giving the FDA authority under the ACA to make all states allow telemedicine prescrips fo the abortion pill.

If they did and IF the Barrett Court would interfere with THAT …. then the Xians have essentially declared civil war by laws, and not guns, because 60% of us want that, and since 1936 the Sup Ct hasn't fucked with Congress's power to tax.

If you think Slow Joe is calling the shots, you are crazy. The AOC3 is behind the scenes. Again, you haven't heard from them it quite some time. That's why.

Roe vs Wade is not on the table yet, but Commie Care is. In the last debate, Biden said he will take Obama Care and make it Biden Care. All he really has to do is make the adjustments to please the court.

I'm not sure how much the filibuster issue really has to do with Biden. I'm not posting an original thought in thinking Biden remembers a Senate that ceased to exist at least ten years ago. Maybe a couple of republicans would have crossed the aisle in Obama's first two years to approve of just expanding Medicare to cover the families at 130% of so of federal poverty level.

But we'd be kidding ourselves to think the gop would actually agree to MAKING insurance companies offer contracts to folks with preexisting conditions (even just being pregnant) or covering kids until they were 26 …. or Oh my God covering wellness services without making people first meet their deductables. (Oddly insurance companies would cover IUDs gladly - even for the XIANs - since that actually SAVES money)

And that's despite Obama having a mandate to enact universal coverage. And I'm no fan of what the Dems actually passed.

But Biden will be running the dem party if he wins. Schumer and Pelosi will both be on board with beginning the 2022 congressional races, and the 2024 election of day 2 of his presidency.

I think Biden fondly remembers the good ole days in the Senate where he could deal with moderates from the other side and work out a compromise.

McConnell ended all that with Obama. No deals....EVER

If Dems take the Senate and McConnell reverts to his old tricks, I doubt if Biden is willing to intercede with Schumer

If you think Slow Joe is calling the shots, you are crazy. The AOC3 is behind the scenes. Again, you haven't heard from them it quite some time. That's why.

Roe vs Wade is not on the table yet, but Commie Care is. In the last debate, Biden said he will take Obama Care and make it Biden Care. All he really has to do is make the adjustments to please the court.

Biden is calling the shots.
He has already stated why he opposes the Green New Deal. It try’s to do too much, too fast.
He is also opposed to Medicare for All. Biden wants to expand eligibility for Medicare to 60. He also wants to expand eligibility for Medicaid. It moves the bar in that direction but is not Medicare for all

Biden is a pragmatist always has been

I think Biden fondly remembers the good ole days in the Senate where he could deal with moderates from the other side and work out a compromise.

If Dems take the Senate and McConnell reverts to his old tricks, I doubt if Biden is willing to intercede with Schumer
Imo the dems two problems will be winning 4 seats, and if 30 dems force Schumer to bring up some bill they don't even have 50 votes for. And really Manchin and Coons are not ones to blow up stuff. Getting Manchin to vote to allow ALL women be able to choose whether or not to chemically induce a miscarriage would be possibly tough.

Imo the dems two problems will be winning 4 seats, and if 30 dems force Schumer to bring up some bill they don't even have 50 votes for. And really Manchin and Coons are not ones to blow up stuff. Getting Manchin to vote to allow ALL women be able to choose whether or not to chemically induce a miscarriage would be possibly tough.
Manchin opposes abortion and gun control. I doubt Dems will push either.

Biden is the best ally in the Democratic Party for Republicans. If they are willing to work with him on expanding Obamacare and an education bill....Biden will have their back.

But if Mitch goes back to obstructing all legislation, then Biden will have no choice but to let Schumer loose and eliminate the filibuster and do what radical Dems want

OBAMACARE has higher approvals than Donald Trump.

Biden is calling the shots.
He has already stated why he opposes the Green New Deal. It try’s to do too much, too fast.
He is also opposed to Medicare for All. Biden wants to expand eligibility for Medicare to 60. He also wants to expand eligibility for Medicaid. It moves the bar in that direction but is not Medicare for all

Biden is a pragmatist always has been

Pragmatism is putting even more people on a government program that's already going broke? Pragmatism is expanding a program that not only is the largest expenditure for most states, but the program that has them in debt? Pragmatism is spending even more money when you're a country 26 trillion in debt already?

He opposes the new green deal, but he and his partner both want to end fracking. I don't care what he's saying now, especially in my state and PA. He and she said multiple times in the past they want to end fracking.

If they are willing to work with him on expanding Obamacare and an education bill....Biden will have their back.
Snowflake, we are not “expanding” Obamacare. It is 100% unconstitutional and the American people do not want the federal government controlling their healthcare.

Likewise, education is not in the purview of the federal government, thus making your “throw more money at us” wet dream, 100% unconstitutional.

Read the fucking constitution already.

New Topics

Forum List

Back