Looking forward to great debates

Greetings,

Levant here, from Oklahoma... Technically, it should have been Levent - French for "Levering". I was looking for a Lever-Action gun related screen name years ago and misunderstood what I read, selecting Levant, instead of Levent but I've used it so long that I stick with it.

I'm looking forward to participating here. After going through many political debate sites over the years, I keep moving around over policies. Some liberally slanted sites ban conservatives just for being conservative. Other conservative sites ban liberals just for being liberal. What good is a political forum on which no one disagrees with anyone?

Other sites are so focused on "manners" that impassioned debate is not possible. But, sometimes, you just have to call a lie for being the lie that it is. When people make unsubstantiated claims based on their agenda, rather than on facts, it needs calling out.

So, after searching for a suitable hangout, I found US Message Board. The rules make sense, seeming to be, in summary, keep it on topic and, within reason, call it as you see it. A review of posts and threads mostly demonstrate intelligent discussion even on polarized views so I'm hoping to have a lot of fun here.
Welcome, Levant!
When you introduced yourself this morning in a thread, I thought maybe you were from the Middle East.

I'm a sheltered poster who has seen very little of the social media world; I had no idea there were such a lot of bubble worlds out there. Well, you're safe to say shit if you step in it here. Kick off your shoes and find a good thread with a few posters in it that aren't entirely brain dead from partisanship. Sometimes you have to hunt around but they're scattered around here.

And have a little snack.
1588040640654.png

Greetings,

Levant here, from Oklahoma... Technically, it should have been Levent - French for "Levering". I was looking for a Lever-Action gun related screen name years ago and misunderstood what I read, selecting Levant, instead of Levent but I've used it so long that I stick with it.

I'm looking forward to participating here. After going through many political debate sites over the years, I keep moving around over policies. Some liberally slanted sites ban conservatives just for being conservative. Other conservative sites ban liberals just for being liberal. What good is a political forum on which no one disagrees with anyone?

Other sites are so focused on "manners" that impassioned debate is not possible. But, sometimes, you just have to call a lie for being the lie that it is. When people make unsubstantiated claims based on their agenda, rather than on facts, it needs calling out.

So, after searching for a suitable hangout, I found US Message Board. The rules make sense, seeming to be, in summary, keep it on topic and, within reason, call it as you see it. A review of posts and threads mostly demonstrate intelligent discussion even on polarized views so I'm hoping to have a lot of fun here.
Welcome to the site, Levant. I think you'll find it to be quite interesting, and at times, informative, as well.

Greetings,

Welcome, Levant!
When you introduced yourself this morning in a thread, I thought maybe you were from the Middle East.

I'm a sheltered poster who has seen very little of the social media world; I had no idea there were such a lot of bubble worlds out there. Well, you're safe to say shit if you step in it here. Kick off your shoes and find a good thread with a few posters in it that aren't entirely brain dead from partisanship. Sometimes you have to hunt around but they're scattered around here.

And have a little snack.
View attachment 329090
Those pretzels and dip look delicious!

Well, today's a month since I joined.. I thought I was going to get to 1000 posts in my first month - not a goal until I realized how close I was. But I'm just too tired and going to bed 8 posts short of a thousand. But it is fun. I get to piss off the left and the fake-right here. That's like twice the fun of other forums. :)

Forum List

Back